View Poll Results: What's your ideal raid size?

Voters
167. This poll is closed
  • 20 man

63 37.72%
  • 10 man

83 49.70%
  • 8 man

5 2.99%
  • 5 man

16 9.58%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    Also, sorry for not listing your personal favourite (15, 17, 18.5, etc.), but I had to draw the line somewhere. No need to get grumpy :>
    Don't be silly. Nobody is asking why you're not putting 18.5 as an option, people are asking why you have random sizes that never existed in a raid setting (5 and 8) over previously existing setups (25 and 40) that has been tried and tested and people well know how they feel about it.

10, 20, 25, 40 would be the logical poll options, at least for starters. Then maybe you could add some viable options such as 5 and 30, but right now you're just mixing and matching and that doesn't make much sense.
    Last edited by Thrif; 2016-03-21 at 03:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i enjoyed the 10man format of cata/mop alot more than 20man mythics, but i understand why they consolidated 25 & 10 into one size. I think if i had the option to choose 15 might be a better number.
    Hi

Poll missing options.

My ideal raid size is 25, though I think the game should have both 10 and 25 for mythic.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Of your options, I prefer the 20 man Mythic size. Allows for some flexibility in raid comps. While we never did the 3 tank strats for any of the bosses (Xhul, Mann), a smaller raid size wouldn't really allow for comps like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    The most fun I ever had raiding was in Wrath at 25 man but I feel like a great deal of that is because I had only just started raiding really. I did a lot of raiding 10 man in BC but my guild sucked and we never got past Karazhan. I didn't start clearing content until the tail end of BC when I joined a new guild. We had one big group that would do 25 mans and then a bunch of smaller groups that would do 10. 25 always felt more fun to me because I liked the amount of different people. That more has to do with the personalities though. 10 man always felt more tame to me but I did enjoy it still.

So short answer is 25.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Don't be silly. Nobody is asking why you're not putting 18.5 as an option, people are asking why you have random sizes that never existed in a raid setting (5 and 8) over previously existing setups (25 and 40) that has been tried and tested and people well know how they feel about it.

10, 20, 25, 40 would be the logical poll options, at least for starters. Then maybe you could add some viable options such as 5 and 30, but right now you're just mixing and matching and that doesn't make much sense.
    I included 8 man because that's the go-to raid size in Final Fantasy XIV, which seems to work. 5 man was included because WoW already has 5 man content, albeit not for raids. I didn't include 25 and 40 man raids, because I don't believe these were succesful from a participation percentage point of view.

I never enjoyed 40 man raids myself. But I was a warlock, so there's that. I enjoyed 25 man raids, until I became an officer in Incorporated (eu-kazzak) and was progressing in the nightmarish SWP. My most fondest memories are 10 man heroic/mythic content with a group of close friends.
    Last edited by mmoc47927e0cdb; 2016-03-21 at 03:55 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    40 man raid was my favorite.

10-15 man. I really think they should bring back 2 options though, 10 and 20 man or 10 and 25 man.

I feel it depends on what kind of raid setting. For mythic i would prefer 15 since i think that a 10man grp is runninf the risk of having a smaller diversity of classes and spec which can make it harder for some guilds/grps, and i've during this expansion felt like some servers has a problem with filling stable 20man rosters in mythic raiding guilds. For heroic and normal raiding i believe the flexible system is alright but i feel that a lot of players have lost and will lose their commitment to their guilds and raid teams and because of that shows up for raids whenever they feel like and leave the raid in the same manner.

100 v 100, like those Conquest battles in Rift.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Solo... 1

Prefer a Mythic Proving Grounds to Raiding... I level solo I should be able to progress solo at max level.
    And this is also where the highest ilvl and best looking gear drops as well. Either you can do it, or you risk it by sharing account information.

Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    I included 8 man because that's the go-to raid size in Final Fantasy XIV, which seems to work. 5 man was included because WoW already has 5 man content, albeit not for raids. I didn't include 25 and 40 man raids, because I don't believe these were succesful from a participation percentage point of view.

I never enjoyed 40 man raids myself. But I was a warlock, so there's that. I enjoyed 25 man raids, until I became an officer in Incorporated (eu-kazzak) and was progressing in the nightmarish SWP. My most fondest memories are 10 man heroic/mythic content with a group of close friends.
    Exactly, you're basing the poll options on your own idea of what the four most valid options would be. And after quickly skimming the thread it doesn't seem to be very accurate; not a single one has mentioned 5 or 8 as decent options, but there's a few 40 and tons of 25.

So if you want an unbiased sample of what people's ideal raid size would be, it's a lot better to use the most logical options, rather than your preferred ones.

40, since then the content was tuned in such a way that you could clear it even with many players being mouthbreathers and classes having rotations that were about weaving one shot and auto-shots.

No but seriously, I loved 10-man a lot but fights have felt more tight and demanding since 20-man Mythic became a thing so I'll pick 20-man.

25+

Raids are meant to be large and epic. Anything less than 20 isn't epic in any way.

Deleted
    25 or more, up to 40 for Normal mode at least

10+ Year Old Account
    10 man, 20 man mythic destroyed wow.

Why don't they do 10 man and 20 man? Should be a little easier to scale, no? 25:10 is an awkward ratio for certain numbers of adds/health numbers etc. I can imagine, 20:10 shouldn't be.

Quote Originally Posted by Gradywhite View Post
    25 man. Your poll seems a little biased...
    Who would have thought that. Whining about mythic - telling how great weeaboo mmo XIV. Nah no way that could result in a biased post
    25 as well though.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-03-21 at 04:38 PM.

However many people can make it on raid night is my ideal raid size. Fixed raid sizes, especially 40 man, were just a nightmare because you always ended up with too many or too few people.

Blizzard just need to add mechanics that can scale properly rather than punishing small raid sizes because the number of people that have to deal with mechanics doesn't change with raid size a lot of the time so you have proportionally more people taken out at any give time while making larger raid sizes easier because the number taken out are inconsequential.
    Small raid sizes always have to work a lot harder as one person dead or removed from normal activity by mechanics can pretty much cause a wipe where as one person removed from a 30 man raid has almost no effect.

Everything else already feels like a group and not a raid. So 20 is just tolerable.

8-5 man is not a raid, it's a small group.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2016-03-21 at 04:42 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!