Page 1 of 2
LastLast

It's Time to Tax The Rich in WoW

There are too many players in the game that are going unchecked. Their massive wealth needs to be regulated, once and for all. It used to be hard to make money in WoW, if you had 1000 gold you were a God in vanilla. Now so many players have 100,000+ gold, easy. But so, so many more cannot keep up and their enjoyment of the game suffers for it.

I propose a tax plan in WoW that will start taxing rich players and give back to the poor and new players. This will give them a boost to make their goals in WoW a reality. I propose rates like this, taxed quarterly:

(On account)
    50,000g+: 5% tax.
    100,000g+: 7% tax.
    200,000g+: 10% tax.
    500,000g+: 15% tax.
    1,000,000+: 25% tax.

The gold would be collected by Blizzard and distributed to all active accounts that hold less than 50,000g, with the rate of distribution being fairly equal.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sanders for Warchief

Good one mate

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Fuck no.

Gold lost its value over the years. Nothing wrong with it. Anybody can make goldcap nowadays with little to no effort.

Edit: Everyone can easily abuse this system by creating a second account that has 0 gold on it and make even more with this.

No,not my fault some people are terrible at making gold or spend it on rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpSucks View Post
    There are too many players in the game that are going unchecked. Their massive wealth needs to be regulated, once and for all. It used to be hard to make money in WoW, if you had 1000 gold you were a God in vanilla. Now so many players have 100,000+ gold, easy. But so, so many more cannot keep up and their enjoyment of the game suffers for it.

I propose a tax plan in WoW that will start taxing rich players and give back to the poor and new players. This will give them a boost to make their goals in WoW a reality. I propose rates like this, taxed quarterly:

(On account)
    50,000g+: 5% tax.
    100,000g+: 7% tax.
    200,000g+: 10% tax.
    500,000g+: 15% tax.
    1,000,000+: 25% tax.

The gold would be collected by Blizzard and distributed to all active accounts that hold less than 50,000g, with the rate of distribution being fairly equal.
    *raise hand*

Excuse me! Over here!

Can my taxed gold go to things like infrastructure repair? Like...maybe fixing Stormwind?

Funny, but not nearly the same as paying tax in real life. If you really want to try and act like a tax is needed there is one in the subscription fee, so we have a flat tax.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Short answer: No.

Long answer: Fuck no.

Gold lost its value over the years. Nothing wrong with it. Anybody can make goldcap nowadays with little to no effort.

Edit: Everyone can easily abuse this system by creating a second account that has 0 gold on it and make even more with this.
    Honest answer and the correct one.

No, tax my ass and that would be the straw.

Not my fault people are too lazy to make gold, I have no problems and play less that 6 hours a week. all my lvl 100s have 180,000+

I feel like this thread couldn't be any more obvious but apparently it needs to be o.O

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places
    See the thing is with Bernie's plan is that it would benefit the tax payer as well as other people. Taking money from the wealthy in wow doesn't benefit the person the gold was taken from.

15+ Year Old Account
    I thought troll/flamebaiting wasnt allowed on these forums

Edit: woop 3000th post
    Last edited by Frolk; 2016-03-21 at 11:24 PM.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

15+ Year Old Account
    Poor Stormwind. It doesn't look like it's park will be repaired in Legion either. The kingdom must be broke as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    There should be a 1000-1 gold squish. Not a tax, but there needs to be inflation and there's too much gold already.
    Then compensate the players who would lost millions from this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    I feel like this thread couldn't be any more obvious but apparently it needs to be o.O
    Ye not shit. For all of you replying to this as an actual thread, look at the damn avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    Honest answer and the correct one.

No, tax my ass and that would be the straw.

Not my fault people are too lazy to make gold, I have no problems and play less that 6 hours a week. all my lvl 100s have 180,000+
    It's not even a matter of too lazy. Garrison gold is an expectation, but the rich disproportionately control the AH.

Anyone can make a million gold in WoW it doesnt even take much effort anymore. Made several millions from the garrison alone in this expansion and really if you didnt, well you where to lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    It's not even a matter of too lazy. Garrison gold is an expectation, but the rich disproportionately control the AH.
    AH isnt even that profitable anymore, the golden days of AH money making pasted several years ago. you never find things listed for 1G that really is worth shitloads more anymore.

What is this, The Soviet Warcraft?

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    I thought troll/flamebaiting wasnt allowed on these forums
    What the bombshell said.