Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Fox: Women should accept that men 'wander naturally' in relationships

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/cele...tionships.html

@Celista I want your expert opinion.

Actor claims women should tolerate their partner cheating because they have a primal urge to sow their seed

Edward Fox, the actor, has claimed that women should accept their partners will be unfaithful because men have a primal "need" to play the field.
    The 78-year-old, who is married to actress Joanna David, suggested that women should understand this inherent urge and tolerate it to allow them freedom.
    Fox, a three-time Bafta winner and a friend of the Prince of Wales, is likely to incur the wrath of women everywhere for his unconventional comments.
    "Men need to play the field and spread their seed... women should be more understanding if their partner cheats."
    Edward Fox
    He told the Dail Mail's Sebastian Shakespeare: "In relationships, men wander naturally, and we cheat because we're totally different creatures.

"Men need to play the field and spread their seed, whereas women don't have that same biological urge — it's not natural."
    He added: "Because of that essential difference, women should be more understanding if their partner cheats — but it is very difficult for all women to be tolerant and patient and understanding.
    "Manhood is up against it now, because they're not being asked to be proper men. Men are more animalistic than these metropolitan, so-called 'civilised', 'good' people.

"Over the generations, we've lost what is deep within us, and men are finding this quite difficult to deal with.
    'We need freedom. I'm glad I'm not a young man in today's world."
    • Edward Fox interview: Life, the universe and everything
    He also claimed that "men should be responsible for the economy" in the home and should act as "the metaphorical protectors" in every way.

He added: "They're also blessed with sagacity, which very often isn't present in a woman's nature. A woman's nature is far wiser than a man's — but just not in all circumstances."
    Fox, who starred in The Day of the Jackal and Seventies series Edward & Mrs Simpson, married Ms David in 2004 but the couple have been together for 45 years.
    Do you agree with him?
    Men would you play the field and keep it from your wife?
    Women would you accept your man playing the field?
    Last edited by Tennis; 2016-03-22 at 12:26 AM.

> Not angry smiley face

What have you done with Tennisace?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    He sounds confused to me. Society was probably even less accepting of cheating and sleeping around back in his day then today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Such generalizations are never fair. There are men that wander in relationships, and there are men that don't. There are women that don't mind their partners wandering, and there are women that do. I should clarify that I'm responding purely for the title; the article itself didn't seem to make much sense to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Vincenti Fox?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    He sounds confused to me. Society was probably even less accepting of cheating and sleeping around back in his day then today.
    They dealt with it a bit harsher, I'd say.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

A man who reached maturity in the 50's/60's has the same opinion as his peers? This is fucking shocking.

because women never cheat....
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Deleted
    Timeless wisdom

Guys should accept that women have a primal urge to get revenge on them in divorce proceedings.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

There's some reason men could wander more than women given the obvious biological differences.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Timeless wisdom
    More like TRP/MGTOW "philosophy"

I read a book once by a female biologist that argued quite convincingly that it would make more sense for women to "wander naturally" so to speak, choosing a biologically fit mate for reproductive purposes and choosing other mates for assistance with child-rearing.

In my opinion, going behind your partner's back and cheating is like trying to have your cake and eat it too, have a grown-up conversation if you know you're not capable of monogamy and choose partners that are OK with open relationships.

And no I don't think men are biologically different from women, women being primary caretakers of children and being financially dependent on men, along with greater social stigma for women who engage in infidelity, meant that women were for a great deal of history less likely to cheat, but with greater equality between the genders women have had greater opportunities to "wander" and changes in gender-based statistical data regarding infidelity reflect this.

Also this. http://www.yourtango.com/201172881/w...-men-heres-why

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Tennisace, your title is clickbait as shit.

The majority aren't going to know who he is and thus think that Fox News has decided to say something outlandish. Shame on you tennisace... shame.
    I think his title is accurate. If he were referring to Fox News it would have been Fox News : Women should..

Instead it's referring to a person named Fox so Fox : Women should..

This guy's views are a mess. I feel like I'd scare/confuse the shit out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I read a book once by a female biologist that argued quite convincingly that it would make more sense for women to "wander naturally" so to speak, choosing a biologically fit mate for reproductive purposes and choosing other mates for assistance with child-rearing.
    Doesn't have much place in the modern world, does it? The one with finances is the one with power, the one with intelligence is the better, more biologically fit mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    I think my title is accurate. If I were referring to Fox News it would have been Fox News : Women should..

Instead it's referring to a person named Fox so Fox : Women should..
    Why do you always talk in third person as if you didn't post the OP?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is he right that men are horny bastards? For sure.

Is he right that women should accept adultery? Nope.

If you care about a girl and she's not down for open relationships then you should respect that or get out of her life. But I don't think guys should be judged for having the occasional pervy thought about another woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Doesn't have much place in the modern world, does it? The one with finances is the one with power, the one with intelligence is the better, more biologically fit mate.
    It can...I mean, I've known women who met a guy and were in love with his looks, but he wasn't stable/good relationship material, and vice versa...that being said, I do think relationships can be about balancing assets between partners, each brings something to the table and one tends to have more leverage than the other. But healthy relationships form when the balance is relatively equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Fox is filled with a lot of old addled men, including our speaker here.

I wouldn't rule out senility.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    It can...I mean, I've known women who met a guy and were in love with his looks, but he wasn't stable/good relationship material, and vice versa...that being said, I do think relationships can be about balancing assets between partners, each brings something to the table and one tends to have more leverage than the other. But healthy relationships form when the balance is relatively equal.
    We should probably do all we can to punish being in love with looks or physique and promote higher IQ for the betterment of humanity.