Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post
    Trump has said this numerous times ... he's even said it directly to his supportive audience at rallies, where they've cheered at praise toward his broad base of under-educated supporters (referring to them, but hey, stupid is ..).

However, he does also have some informed supporters as well, incredibly rich and selfish ones that are in it for the further exploitation of the other 99%, they're scumbags out to further separate the rich from everyone else, but they are intelligent and well informed.
    Being under educated does not mean you are a stupid person. There could be many reasons for a person's lack of higher education. But overall your post is well thought out and right on. Trump is appealing to a wide base of voters more so than any other candidate. Which if you stop and think about it, is a smart thing to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post
    T
    - - - Updated - - -

How do some people not know this by now? We've had pretty significant net losses in immigration for the past few years .... people are literally GOING BACK to Mexico for better opportunity (or more likely just for the same opportunities there, but closer to family / friends / better weather / more beaches) at a higher rate than they are coming in. If you didn't know this already, I guess maybe you don't know anyone in the restaurant industry (where illegals are often hired), but it's been a problem with a lot of restaurants having trouble keeping the doors open because they're having a difficult time finding that cheap labor, or being able to afford to pay someone reasonable wages to fill those positions. Google it, I'm sure plenty of articles have been written about it by frustrated restaurateurs.
    The charts do not show as large a decline as you seem to indicate. A decline for sure. But there are still a ton of illegals here. I am well aware of illegals here, working out in the fields with them on farms when I was young. It is cheap labor. But none of that takes away the fact we have laws and why have a law if you are not going to enforce it? A country needs to have borders and protect them.

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    There has been numerous polls showing Trump supporters to be less educated. That makes sense to me, it suggests why Trump is popular in some ways.

Also, some people are very susceptible to con men. Typically the low information person really. You can't blame them really.
    That's pretty much correct. They've done analysis of their speeches and found that Trump speaks at just above a fourth grade level, specifically a 4.1. Kasich is the second worst, coming in at 4.7, followed by Clinton at a 7.7, then Cruz at 8.9. Lastly we have Sanders who speaks at a 10th grade level, with 10.1 being his specifics.

So yeah, Trump and Clinton are the two that cater to the uninformed of their parties, instead relying on rhetoric, fear, and simplicity to get their points across. Cruz and Sanders, on the other hand, actually have intelligent conversations, treating people like adults, which they're supposed to be. Sadly, it seems to be backfiring since the majority of people seem to fall into the "dumb it down for me." camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Everyone does stupid things at times. No one is perfect in that sense. Does that mean you are a stupid person or a person who made a stupid decision? There is a difference.
    You can be both at the same time.

Believing any of Trump's promises is essentially an exercise in willful ignorance.

I mean how else do you describe someone voting for a guy to build a wall that'll never get built, paid for by another country that's already said it won't (as if that needed to be said), and prevent all Muslim immigration and a host of other things that a President literally cannot do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    You can be both at the same time.
    I do not know of anyone who is always stupid. They would not be humans if they are. Even Hitler, while a very evil and distorted individual and did some stupid things, acted in very intelligent ways at times.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Believing any of Trump's promises is essentially an exercise in willful ignorance.

I mean how else do you describe someone voting for a guy to build a wall that'll never get built, paid for by another country that's already said it won't (as if that needed to be said), and prevent all Muslim immigration and a host of other things that a President literally cannot do?
    Based on what your values are you mean.

I do not know of anyone who is always stupid. They would not be humans if they are. Even Hitler, while a very evil and distorted individual and did some stupid things, acted in very intelligent ways at times.
    Kent Hovind is a pretty serious contender for the 'always stupid' category.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Everyone who votes is a low information voter to me.

/zips up flamesuit and runs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Kent Hovind is a pretty serious contender for the 'always stupid' category.
    Lol. No. He has did some stupid things, but he is not a stupid person.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post

Let's do a revolution baby
    Let's burn all of the system!
    /puts another flamesuit
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

I didn't say always... I said at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post

lol! So you are going to hide behind the curtain, not vote, but say you knew the person who wins was going to all along? I know you are one who holds onto the 2nd Amendment. You do know it has enemies?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    I didn't say always... I said at the same time.
    ok, so you saying they are a stupid person when they do something stupid, but stop being stupid when they do something not stupid, but stay stupid until they do something not stupid again?

Lol. No. He has did some stupid things, but he is not a stupid person.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8DDIe_2cHM

I rest my case. Specifically, observe what goes horribly wrong starting at 8:38. The whole 1 hr 50 min is spectacularly stupid, but 8:38 is the crowning moment of utter, unfathomable stupidity. If you can't see it, stop the video and read the page he puts up on the slideshow.
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8DDIe_2cHM

I rest my case. Specifically, observe what goes horribly wrong starting at 8:38. The whole 1 hr 50 min is spectacularly stupid, but 8:38 is the crowning moment of utter, unfathomable stupidity. If you can't see it, stop the video and read the page he puts up on the slideshow.
    I disagree with him. Adamantly. Not for being a creationist or a fundamental bible toting believer however. But in his application of his beliefs and denying other parts of the teachings he holds to be true. None of this makes him a stupid person. Only one who is wrong and does some stupid things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Let's do a revolution baby
    Let's burn all of the system!
    /puts another flamesuit
    By sitting and doing nothing... Not voting is one of the silliest ways to protest. I'm just going to sit her and do nothing, that will teach 'em to ignore my vote!
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I disagree with him. Adamantly. Not for being a creationist or a fundamental bible toting believer however. But in his application of his beliefs and denying other parts of the teachings he holds to be true. None of this makes him a stupid person. Only one who is wrong and does some stupid things.
    It's not his beliefs. It's that he actually spent 1 hour and 50 minutes misinterpreting and misunderstanding basic things in order to defend those beliefs. Did you watch the segment I pointed out? He's narrating over a slide about nebulas and the formation of the Sun. What's wrong with that? What's wrong is that his narration is on the Big Bang, and the page he puts up has virtually nothing to do with what he's talking about. Whereas moments before, he's talking about his expansive collection of textbooks which teach the Big Bang. Well, they do. So it really shouldn't be hard to pull out a page that actually, you know, talks about the Big Bang?

It's like a guy giving a presentation on forests whilst putting up slides showing images of the surface of Mars. It's incredibly stupid.

I have never seen a Trump supporter make a sound, logical argument using sound, logical facts. I've never had a competent debate with a Trump supporter (and I've tried, so many times that I've just about given up on trying anymore). This is markedly different from other candidates in previous races; usually the issues become, "X candidate believes Y will be best for the country" and we'll argue over whether that's true, and we'll both supply facts from our respective side, but in the end it just comes down to ideological differences. Neither one of us is necessarily wrong in our facts or figures, we just disagree on the quality of the end result.

But Trump is different. Nothing he says he even pretends to make sense. Nothing he offers has logical validity. A lot of it flies in the face of historical precedent. A lot more of it flies in the face of solid facts. I remember Dilbert's writer, Scott Adams, called him an "evil wizard" and I believe that's true a little more every day - there's some insane magic going on where this guy can say the craziest, most absurd things, but then you look around and a quarter of the crowd is nodding their head like zombies.

IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE. IT MAKES YOU WANT TO YELL AT THE WORLD EVERY SINGLE DAY THAT IT CONTINUES. What changed where 5, 10, 15 years ago, Trump said this same stuff and the nation as a whole mocked and laughed at him? Did we get so much stupider in so little time?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not his beliefs. It's that he actually spent 1 hour and 50 minutes misinterpreting and misunderstanding basic things in order to defend those beliefs. Did you watch the segment I pointed out? He's narrating over a slide about nebulas and the formation of the Sun. What's wrong with that? What's wrong is that his narration is on the Big Bang, and the page he puts up has virtually nothing to do with what he's talking about. Whereas moments before, he's talking about his expansive collection of textbooks which teach the Big Bang. Well, they do. So it really shouldn't be hard to pull out a page that actually, you know, talks about the Big Bang?

It's like a guy giving a presentation on forests whilst putting up slides showing images of the surface of Mars. It's incredibly stupid.
    I agree it makes his presentation stupid. But will have to stay on my stance that does not make him a stupid person. I do not think there is such a thing as a stupid person. Evil, sadistic, wrong, authoritarian, arrogant, selfish, not compassionate, unthoughtful, uninformed, uneducated, etc., yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    what would the number be for those murder victims be when adjusting it for population
    Wow.

You're suggesting that, if black and white people were somehow equal in number, there'd be no other social-economic ramifications and murders would still happen exactly the same way?

Or are you defending a posting of information that wasn't just racist but flat-out false, by suggesting a hypothetical that could potentially have worked in its favor?

Because either way, you're clearly stupid enough to be a Trump voter. Thank god you don't live here. I also can't help but note that
    a) I was talking about people who believed those easily disproven "facts", as being intentionally stupid. Thanks for outing yourself on that one, btw.
    b) Didn't touch anything else on the list.
    c) And technically, didn't touch the first one on the list, either, since you had to make up a fictional situation which Trump never even mentioned.

I agree it makes his presentation stupid. But will have to stay on my stance that does not make him a stupid person. I do not think there is such a thing as a stupid person. Evil, sadistic, wrong, authoritarian, arrogant, selfish, not compassionate, unthoughtful, uninformed, uneducated, etc., yeah.
    What about 'can't logic or analyze anything to save his life?'

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    I guess this is the polite way to say "Stupid" right?
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    You can say the same thing about Hillary. In the Democratic party, she's winning most of the uneducated or lower educated voters. It doesn't mean he's not winning the other voters too...
    Uneducated or less educated doesn't necessarily mean low information voters.

Just like being highly educated doesn't mean jack shit if they don't know what's happening in the real world.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future