Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    "lmao are you serious?"
    No need to overreact. If Carrot top tried to do a comic routine on say.... Sarah Palin, and it stunk and people made comments accordingly, something tells me the mods here wouldn't be handing out infractions.

15+ Year Old Account
    I love this thread. Oliver completely shits all over Trump's wall idea and the Drumpfettes come out in droves to insult him... but have no counter for the facts he just bitch smacked them all with.

I mean seriously, the amount of well source facts that Oliver just whipped out has every Trump fan's head spinning so hard that the only thing they can really manage is insulting Oliver and other posters.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Oh yes, I am steaming mad lol. I know that's what you want to hear but seriously, Pangean, no need to avoid the criticisms I brought up for the guy. And for the mod that wants to give me infractions, the guy is supposedly a comedian on a comedy show and it's not against the rules to criticize the merits of his comedy.
    I am not avoiding anything, I am ignoring your diversion. You see it's a diversion from the video and what it was saying. If you want to discuss the video, that's fine. If you want to be salty and attack Oliver for not living up to your expectations of comedy continue on while I laugh at it.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Oh have we moved on to bitching about mods again? That's a new and exciting topic.

15+ Year Old Account
    I said it a few months ago, I'll say it again, once everyone starts to realize how impractical, expensive, and completely absurd and idiotic an idea this is, Trump's popularity will plummet, because his campaign popularity is based almost entirely on his wall idea. As soon as it crumbles, so too does Trump's circus of a campaign.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Oh have we moved on to bitching about mods again? That's a new and exciting topic.
    And it's not like there isn't an avenue for him to follow to deal with the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    I am not avoiding anything, I am ignoring your diversion. You see it's a diversion from the video and what it was saying. If you want to discuss the video, that's fine. If you want to be salty and attack Oliver for not living up to your expectations of comedy continue on while I laugh at it.
    I did discuss the video - I said Oliver is corny and you and a few others got triggered. It's ok, I'm sure I don't like some of your other preferred comics either.

As for the content in the video, all I can say is it does appear Mexico is going to be spending more money than anticipated.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    I did discuss the video - I said Oliver is corny and you and a few others got triggered. It's ok, I'm sure I don't like some of your other preferred comics either.

As for the content in the video, all I can say is it does appear Mexico is going to be spending more money than anticipated.
    Saying Oliver is corny is not discussing the video.

I am sure that Mexico will be paying the same amount they planned on paying before.

So do the negative consequences for building a hypothetical wall outweigh any real benefit?
    how do you weigh the pros and cons to something that will never exist? /shrug
    but to answer the OP: no, not in the slightest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    how do you weigh the pros and cons to something that will never exist? /shrug
    but to answer the OP: no, not in the slightest.
    The mere proposition of building the wall and the notion that it has supporters already has a negative affect... on people's souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaiz View Post
    Is this really a enjoyable way to live your life? Just sit on MMO champ posting as much smear shit on Trump as possible? You're more obsessed with the guy then most supporters.
    It's not like it's very difficult.

I mean, when your candidate is so roundly demolished by a comedian using facts any hick could look up for themselves to put together an under 20-minute take down of said candidate's key "plan for America," you know you picked a shitty-ass candidate.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

2016 and the left is rallying behind a comedian...

Really going to cringe pulling that hillary lever to cast your vote hun?

People that believe that he could and would actually do this if elected is mind boggling. Then again so is this insane thought that he should be the next POTUS. The money needed to build the wall and the time it would take to build it would make it impossible to do in a 4 year term and only slightly less impossible for an 8 year stretch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    2016 and the left is rallying behind a comedian...

Really going to cringe pulling that hillary lever to cast your vote hun?
    Not any different then the right droning along with the joke that is fox news and it's ilk.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I said it a few months ago, I'll say it again, once everyone starts to realize how impractical, expensive, and completely absurd and idiotic an idea this is, Trump's popularity will plummet, because his campaign popularity is based almost entirely on his wall idea. As soon as it crumbles, so too does Trump's circus of a campaign.
    But I get the impression Trump's supporters don't care what his actual promises are and deep down most of them know it's all lies. They just like the circus I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    People that believe that he could and would actually do this if elected is mind boggling. Then again so is this insane thought that he should be the next POTUS. The money needed to build the wall and the time it would take to build it would make it impossible to do in a 4 year term and only slightly less impossible for an 8 year stretch.

- - - Updated - - -

Not any different then the right droning along with the joke that is fox news and it's ilk.
    Fox hates trump though...

I like to think this is a shot from USMC at Trump.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Better than rallying behind a self-absorbed oompa loompa.

I love this thread. No one refutes the actual facts of the cost of the stupid wall, they all just go "LOL COMEDIAN".
    ITs a comedy skit... forgive me if im not going to go into grand detail talking about his hypothetical...

Wasn't he the guy who told france they have nothing to fear from muslims like three days before the shooting?

He can't even get three days right never mind four years ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    It's not like it's very difficult.

I mean, when your candidate is so roundly demolished by a comedian using facts any hick could look up for themselves to put together an under 20-minute take down of said candidate's key "plan for America," you know you picked a shitty-ass candidate.
    Oh come on man. People thought the first time Oliver did a entire episode attempting to smear his name ect. that was "demolishing" And then of course came the response videos going through each of Olivers claims and refuting them with evidence. Rallying behind a comedian for "facts" is about as good as turning on CNN for "facts" concerning Trump. We've been here before. And we'll be right back here many more times i'm sure. All the while this stuff is produced to cash in on the echochamber that watches Oliver. It's not made to change minds or to deliver non-bias information. All it's gunna do is make Trumps numbers go up again. As usual.

Oh come on man. People thought the first time Oliver did a entire episode attempting to smear his name ect. that was "demolishing" And then of course came the response videos going through each of Olivers claims and refuting them with evidence. Rallying behind a comedian for "facts" is about as good as turning on CNN for "facts" concerning Trump. We've been here before. And we'll be right back here many more times i'm sure. All the while this stuff is produced to cash in on the echochamber that watches Oliver. It's not made to change minds or to deliver non-bias information. All it's gunna do is make Trumps numbers go up again. As usual.
    Can we link the picture of him telling france has nothing to fear from immigrants super imposed on all those dead bodies?

I feel like we have forgotten John's track record on this kinda stuff ...

10+ Year Old Account
    So you're saying videos refuting his points exist?

Can you provide them?

Until you provide them, I'm going to assume they don't exist.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Obviously he wasn't making anything up. That's just how fast the dollar is losing value because Obama doesn't know how to make a deal and the Chinese are kicking our asses.
    What do you expect when he spends all his time focusing on a Krull reboot instead of doing his job?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Can we link the picture of him telling france has nothing to fear from immigrants super imposed on all those dead bodies?
    Most of the Paris attackers were European nationals - they were "immigrants" the same way many Americans (like Donald Trump and Ted Cruz) are "immigrants" - the children or grandchildren of people who immigrated to European nations.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)