Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I truly believe that Blizzard will never put stat gear in the cash shop. Mounts and pets fine. I'm hoping they'll start getting into transmog sets. Heck, even HD models of existing armor would get my $$$. Imagine Judgement, Shadowfang, etc in HD form....yeah - TAKE MY MONEY!
    "The further a society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those who speak it" - George Orwell

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    U seriously telling me that a single toon with 10 treasure hunters and full naval dont make 1k per day? Before nerf it was min 2-3k/day.

4 TOONS with 40 treasure hunters and naval is making more than 120k easily by just logging twice per day to queue missions.

Only the god damn followers armors and baleful im selling each day to vendors gives me alone 300-400 gold lol.
    Yes i am. They either removed or extremely nerfed gold making from garrissons. Suprised you dont know this

Anyway the guy said 3-4. Not 10

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Actually, with only the 11 alts that i focus on, on one server, I make about 100k a week. Sometimes much more, some times less, but on average im making 100k a week right now. Just with Garrisons.
    Actually. With the 1 character i focus on i make 120 million gold each week farming copper for 1 hour a day.

#truth

Deleted
    Love it or hate it, the Cash Shop is here to stay. One of the things that looks like it might be riding the fine line is the debate on whether or not, you can pay for real in game power (in gear).

Indirectly the case is: Yes. Yes you can. With the introduction of the WoW token, gold can be bought from anyone using real money.

Right now Gold tokens are selling for 85k gold on the EU ah, and 40k gold on the US ah. So by paying $20 US dollars, or 17? Euros, you can get your hands on 40k or 85k gold respectively. Take that gold to the ah, and you can buy Mythic BoE epics from HFC, some of them being BIS for certain classes/specs.

Is World of Warcraft now allowing power upgrades to be bought via the Cash shop?

Personally I don't care, but what are your thoughts?
    You can buy limited power (mythic boots and belt, right?) with gold, yes. But you could do the same before the WoW tokens were introduced. The only difference is you can do it legally.

Quite frankly it took far too long for Blizzard to implement a legitimate system to buy gold. This system is close to perfect because it provide means to pay for a subscription for people who lack funds but have lots of time and a means for people who have funds but lack the time to grind for gold.

Even if people could buy a full set of mythic gear with gold, why would it even matter? It's their money and their item level doesn't affect anyone else in the slightest. Come to think of it, you can. What do sell runs go for nowadays? I sold them for 100k back in my day.

win/win.
    Last edited by mmoc47927e0cdb; 2016-03-22 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    I am ok with the tokens. Blizz is careful to limit BoEs at every tier; e.g., right now it's boots and belts. There are limits to what you can do with gold.

Tokens allow players with more time than money (students, unemployed) to farm gold and play for free. They also allow players with more money than time to buy the same BoEs and enchants everyone else is buying. It's a win-win, imho.
    Yes, keep telling yourself that. I'd bet that almost everyone would have sufficient time to get a few mythic items on his toon. It's a matter of mentality and effort. Us carrying people through the whole content for gold tells a different story. There is no reason why people should have mythic raiding gear if they are not raiding mythic content, it doesn't make sense as you just don't even need that gear anywhere else. There is not even prestige to it. It is just people wanting rewards and instant gratification during their free time for no time investment - which is easily possible if you bring up the right amount of gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Actually. With the 1 character i focus on i make 120 million gold each week farming copper for 1 hour a day.

#truth
    But it is true. I also get around 100k gold per week total granted by 11 alts garrison farming + AH.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    You can buy limited power (mythic boots and belt, right?) with gold, yes. But you could do the same before the WoW tokens were introduced. The only difference is you can do it legally.

Quite frankly it took far too long for Blizzard to implement a legitimate system to buy gold. This system is close to perfect because it provide means to pay for a subscription for people who lack funds but have lots of time and a means for people who have funds but lack the time to grind for gold.

Even if people could buy a full set of mythic gear with gold, why would it even matter? It's their money and their item level doesn't affect anyone else in the slightest. Come to think of it, you can. What do sell runs go for nowadays? I sold them for 100k back in my day.

win/win.
    You are one of the first people i've ever seen defending the buying of power in an mmo.

Its like this. Character progression is a HUGE deal in wow. its like THE thing.

If people can buy character progression to the point of actually just having everything in the game, it completely devalues the effort rating other people put into it and removes a lot of the fun out of the game.

Am i actualyl explaining to someone why p2win is bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Heltoray View Post
    Yes, keep telling yourself that. I'd bet that almost everyone would have sufficient time to get a few mythic items on his toon. It's a matter of mentality and effort. Us carrying people through the whole content for gold tells a different story. There is no reason why people should have mythic raiding gear if they are not raiding mythic content, it doesn't make sense as you just don't even need that gear anywhere else. There is not even prestige to it. It is just people wanting rewards and instant gratification during their free time for no time investment - which is easily possible if you bring up the right amount of gold.
    ?? This is nothing new. Blizz has had one or two slots available as BoEs in every expansion I can remember. Guilds plan around this, both having gold to buy them for raid team if they don't drop right away, and selling them when they do drop. Which slots are BoEs varies from patch to patch, but there are always a couple. I've been the one selling them and the one buying them. It's all good. They're never tier, but they usually compliment the tier set. There's no prestige attached, as everyone knows they are BoE and available in AH.

Deleted
    You are one of the first people i've ever seen defending the buying of power in an mmo.

Its like this. Character progression is a HUGE deal in wow. its like THE thing.

If people can buy character progression to the point of actually just having everything in the game, it completely devalues the effort rating other people put into it and removes a lot of the fun out of the game.

Am i actualyl explaining to someone why p2win is bad?
    How does someone else's gear, define your value? I couldn't give two shits about how someone else acquired his or her gear. As long as I acquired mine in a way that makes me feel good about it.

Would you enjoy raiding less if mythic gear could be bought with emblems? I wouldn't... I never raided for the gear. I raided for the achievement of having done something very few were capable of doing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    You could always buy boosts and raid clears with gold.. same with(some) BoEs on the AH Ever since MC. You could never buy a full set of gear / weapons of BiS.

Back then, your source of gold was either framed / made on the AH or bought illegally. Now Blizzard offers a safe environment where you don't end up with a hacked account. I don't understand how this leads to the conclusion of them selling power upgrades.

But thus is the logic of Jaylock. Replies guranteed.
    Exactly. Back in TBC it was even a common thing to buy fully geared toons from ebay. Spending $1000 on a toon, ridiculous ^^

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is World of Warcraft now allowing power upgrades to be bought via the Cash shop?
    I will approach this by considering what has changed with the introduction of tokens.

Ultimately nothing has really changed. There is still the same amount of BoE equipment in the market. The only thing that may change is who gets those BoEs.

Effectively it simply means that a very small slice of the buying power in the market has shifted from people buying tokens for gold, to people selling tokens for gold. I reckon that for someone who is neither buying nor selling tokens, they have a negligible effect on the game, certainly far less than the measure players used to resort to (buying gold from goldsellers) which affected inflation thus putting everyone who wasn't buying gold at a distinct disadvantage.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's just say we accept this premise. How does the actual implementation of tokens affect this? It doesn't.

All that tokens do is provide a means for the transfer of who is doing this. It doesn't change the number of people who are able to do so. And it does so in a far less detrimental manner than buying from goldsellers.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're not buying power.

You trade (x) amount of gold for a game token.
    Or
    You pay $20/token to trade for (x) amount of gold.

Either way, someone else is making the gold and trading it. Except, in a way that gives Blizzard an extra $5 for the permission to safely trade via AH.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    You're not buying power.

You trade (x) amount of gold for a game token.
    Or
    You pay $20/token to trade for (x) amount of gold.

Either way, someone else is making the gold and trading it. Except, in a way that gives Blizzard an extra $5 for the permission to safely trade via AH.
    Have to agree on this one.

Deleted
    You can pay2win WoW if you want to.

Getting a mythic-raid level character from scratch will cost you about 150-200 Euro on EU side. This is how you do it:

1. Create a toon and boost it to lv 100 (50 euros)
    2. Buy a TCG mount loot card off ebay (100-150 euros)
    3. Sell the mount for ingame gold (900k - 1.4 million for most cheap ones such as hippogryphs)
    4. Book a mythic ML carry (price for 13/13M: about 1 million without mount)
    5. Fill in shit RNG spots with heroic ML carry (way cheper, about 150-200k. If you got lucky on mount sale you might have leftover gold)

There you go, you just pay 2 winned WoW. Max level with BIS loot (for the most part, depends on your luck, but on average you get quite a bit)

You can do it with WoW tokens, but it's way more expensive this way. The real goldbuying yield is in TCG mounts on EU realms. Can't say the same about US because US TCG market is wrecked by constant dupe waves (EU haven't had any dupes for 1.5 years) and wowtoken on US has shit gold value.

That's an extreme example but yes, you can.

If you don't want to spend hundreds of EUR, you can buy 1-2 wow tokens and get a heroic PL carry and burn through 13 coins on a run. You'll still walk away with loads of raid loot and heroic carry offers are about as common as snow in the Arctic.

Still, it's kinda worrying. You can pay your way into highest possible gear and still be the worst player imaginable, because it's all boosts, you just need to hit a boss once to get loot (and raiders will usually ask buyers to just die, so they won't fuck up mechanics, such as seeds on mythic zakuun). On EU side the real money cost isn't even that high. 150-200 EURo might be a lot but many people spend heavier cash on sillier and smaller games than WoW. I know few folks that blasted 1000+ EUR on Hearthstone card packs.
    Last edited by mmocd8b7f80d95; 2016-03-22 at 09:48 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    You can pay2win WoW if you want to.
    Not really sure I would regard clearing Mythic now to be "winning". The world first race ended 8 months ago.

Also, you don't even need to spend real money to do this. I have 4M gold which I made from doing very "low skill" activities like playing the AH, garrisons, professions, farming cata 25H raids. levelling and selling battle pets etc. These things are easily accomplished by someone with no need for being capable of doing mythic level raiding. And if I had chosen not to spend a whole truckload of gold on stuff like TCG mounts and pets and toys, tokens etc I would have probably around 20M. So really, pretty much anything that could be bought for gold within this game is trivially within my reach if I so wanted.

[QUOTE=CaptRik;39401638]I don't disagree with you, however the wow token has merely stolen a lot of business from third-party gold sellers.

Sort of...
    Couple of the really big-gold selling companies have made MORE profit with Garrisons/Ship Yard and Cross-realm Guild banks on some servers. And then farming Tanaan as well, on a lot of US servers still sells Medallions of the Legion for 7Kgold, EXP elixirs for 6K, and so on. They just have enough total-income from various games to adjust without much penalty to their net gain.

Such as 110K Gold for $20.
    and 150K for €55.

The one in particular that I'm getting the information from, has been around before WoW was a game, and they still seem to be doing really well.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    People falling for Jaylock thread's again...

I'm pretty sure he's done this one before though.
    Yes this thread has been done by him and others before why it is allowed is beyond me?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cirdanx View Post
    Blizzard.

Blizzard are liers. I don´t understand why anyone can believe any word that comes from them.

Point being, don´t belive Blizzard, they have lied so often, they don´t deserve your trust and you never know who is working for them.
    Why are you here? Why do you post here or play WoW if this is your opinion? If this is how you feel, there is no point discussing this with you.

Thats not the point. The point is Blizzard is now selling gold to players, whether it happened on the black market or not is irrelevant.

Point is, I buy 2 EU tokens for 30 euros (or whatever the price in euros is), I now have 130k gold. I now use that 130k to buy Mythic BoE Cloth Boots, and now my Mage has BIS Arcane boots.

Blizzard --> Token --> Player --> Gold --> Player --> BIS Boots

It can be shortened to:

Blizzard --> BIS Boots --> Player (as in player buys BIS boots from Blizzard) indirectly of course.
    Holy shit you're as retarded as people say you are
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Deleted
    The EU price is 20 Euro; yes it's actually more expensive than the american token.
    As someone who starts this many threads you should really at least do some research before starting one.

The BoE BiSs hardly matter anyway. Most power comes from trinkets and tier-set.
    The latter can only be gained from actually killing the bosses so it's hardly an issue that big.
    The same goes for trinkets.

I'm surprised you didn't complain about people being able to buy carries for loot with the gold gained from these sales.

While the cash shop has crept into the P2W room ever so slightly the thing people should remember is that when it comes to actual benefit in game such as boosting to x level and getting gold, both those things are extremely easy to do without paying real money for them.

The things you can only get in the cash shop are purely cosmetic such as pets and mounts and while they do help toward achievements those achievements give you nothing more than self satisfaction and don't actually make your character any more powerful.

As long as players can easily achieve the benefits provided in the cash shop by doing things in game then it is just easy revenue for Blizzard from the lazy community and for the token in particular i think it was a great idea. Stop gold sellers in their tracks, extra income for Blizzard, people are willing to keep playing during content droughts as they are so easy to buy with gold, remove gold from the game both via actual tokens but also allowing people to buy the gold to spend on gold sinks.
    It's not letting people do anything they can't do anyway, it's just providing a very minor short cut.