Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Is there really a good reason to believe everything that the media says? He might be a bit crazy but he's intentions are good. PLus if he would take his views on immigration to life then I'm sure a lot of countries would follow.

He might be a bit crazy but he's intentions are good
    I bet they said the same thing about Hitler.
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    I bet they said the same thing about Hitler.
    Yes yes, everybody who is right wing is hitler, as well as a racist sexist islamophobic homophobic bigot.

Do you know how dull and dry those insults are now?

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not going to vote but if I did I would vote for trump just to see all the sjw kill themselves. It would be grand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    no im talking about math and statistics
    No. You were trying to defend a blatant lie passed along by Donald Trump, with some completely different number that Trump never said, never referenced, and quite possibly never saw.

Trump willfully posted fictional numbers from a fictional source that were both definitively racist and blatantly factually false. Maybe if he had suggested the numbers you're trying to work with, maybe, he wouldn't have been called out for blatantly lying. But that's not the case. He posted something that was factually false and he did it on purpose. You can't defend his actions with another, unrelated number.

And, quite frankly, what the numbers would hypothetically be in some other situation is irrelevant. Most candidates, including Trump, are running for office in the real world.

and you never make mistakes?
    He was running for president. He had a staff of researchers and PR people at his beck and call. He found this blatantly racist, factually false information from a fictional source, and chose to pass it along without verifying the source or the information. For someone in his position, that's a pretty stupid mistake. It would have taken maybe five minutes, tops, for him or anyone on his staff to find the numbers were false. He chose not to do that.

And his defense, heard verbatim here starting at 3:50, was that it wasn't his data, it was a retweet, that he can't be bothered to check every source of information. He flat out said, in public, he chose to pass along racist information because he could not be bothered to look into it. Which means
    a) he did not have the common sense to suspect "81% of whites are killed by blacks" was highly suspicious
    b) he chose to pass along unverified information, including racially charged information, without checking it, and
    c) he believes passing along a lie, especially a racist lie, is okay as long as he did not originate the information.
    Listen as he's called the fool by Bill O'Reilly. No, really. Listen. Even he doesn't buy that's a valid excuse. Listen to what O'Reilly says to Trump on this very specific issue. Yes, Bill O'Reilly, who says Trump is honest and not a racist, still calls him out on this very specific lie. That's how bad it is. Bill O'Reilly, a friend of Trump and bastion of the GOP, thinks this was a stupid thing to say, and he said it to Trump's face on live fucking television.

When people make mistakes, they should do the logical, mature, intelligent thing, own up and apologize. Trump has yet to apologize for this, based on his own words, because he doesn't think what he did was wrong. And that's very telling of him.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    I guess this is the polite way to say "Stupid" right?
    Well, strictly speaking, they don't have to be stupid. They may be more ignorant than anything else...which, while usually associated with being stupid, is actually a separate condition of not having enough knowledge (so a smart, uninformed person is ignorant). They may also be thinking along the lines of extremely gullible (which, again, can be independent of intelligence).

But, regardless, the media is basically expressing the reality that the average Trump supporter isn't the best and brightest among us.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    But, regardless, the media is basically expressing the reality that the average Trump supporter isn't the best and brightest among us.
    I'd say more uninformed, as others have said, but also that generally speaking being informed is not a priority. For example you can agree or disagree with Trump's economic policy, but to a large percentage of his base it doesn't actually matter to them what that policy is.
    They are either voting for him based entirely on his image, branding, and presentation, and not the information contained therein; or they are disgusted/feel disenfranchised from the current political system and are voting for him strictly as someone outside the political machine. The content is irrelevant, so punching holes in his rhetoric is pointless, since his supporters don't care one way or the other.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Quality shit post turned into 14 page thread. OP knew what it meant, and continued to call Trump supporters stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    Quality shit post turned into 14 page thread.
    Welcome to the internet, I see you must be new here.

Quality shit post turned into 14 page thread. OP knew what it meant, and continued to call Trump supporters stupid.
    This isn't a quality shit post. The Nice Guy post is a quality shit post and it's been alive for like a week now at 55+ pages. OP needs to take a lesson from me.

The media is calling them stupid. Well every one is calling them stupid really. Well to be honest, many in this thread are saying it is more the media saying they are "uneducated" and "ignorant". The underlining meaning the media is saying is that they are indeed "stupid".

10 years from now, you will be hard pressed to find some one who will still admit he was a Trump supporter back then.
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

This is brainwashind method saying "We're scared of Trump for reasons, so we'll try to make him and his voters dumb, misquote them, and use his silly-face photos (instead of normal photos, but that's how we do to make somebody look dumb), so he will have lower chances at winning"

7+ Year Old Account
    yeah you and the other SJW's have no problem in punishing people for tweets or retweets
    You can demonstrate that Nixx has ever done this or shall we assume you are making up shit?
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

You would think that people would have difficulty to reconcile ''I say things as they are'' and ''I say things that are obviously false'' but....

7+ Year Old Account
    Nixx is a male 28 years old who identifies as a female pony

you can look at his post history if you want to see that he thinks its ok to punish people based on their opinion
    So making up bullshit. Thought so.

Not sure why you presented his personal details . Kinda creepy if you ask me.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

7+ Year Old Account
    not going to bother reading your post but yeah people do make mistakes and the mistake was fixed

but you seem to have a problem with people fixing their mistakes to bad everybody is not perfect like you

- - - Updated - - -

its fact that "black" people are more likely to end up in prison and commit violent assaults something like 25x more likely

its not outrageous to make the same kind of mistake Trump made with that troll post

if you want to be out raged by something how about you get outraged at the criminal culture thats currently taking away the rights of so many people
    You spout "25x more likely", like without any supporting information that's supposed to mean anything.... African-Americans are also twice as likely to live in poverty, so with twice as many rough neighborhoods being predominately black of course violence will be higher. Your 25x means nothing on its own.

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/uc...ables/table-43

In 2013 over two-thirds of All violent crime was perpetrated by Caucasians. Sure, in relation there is a much greater populace of Caucasians than African-Americans, but spinning that number into a white vs black based on percent of population make-up, but then to consider zero other external factors, you're better off sticking with the facts on this one.

Making a mistake like that as a candidate for leader of one of the prominent nations of the free world, at best, reeks of ignorance and buffoonery.

I know Australia started off as a Penal Colony, but when and where are these plethora of criminals taking away all our rights in American or Australia? Especially drug related crimes in this "criminal culture", how are they taking away your rights?

There seems to be lots of anger and rage, but an abundance of it seems either; misplaced, misguided, or misdirected.
    Last edited by -Nurot; 2016-03-23 at 03:58 AM.

No, you can be very well educated and have a metric shitload of information and still be stupid. low information voters is something totally different

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I mean they are low information voters. I guess not many people paid attention in government class and realize how our political system works is the main problem here. Trump wants to build a 30ft tall wall that would cost an estimated 20-25 billon to build and maintenance required is expected to be more than that every 7 years . He plans on making Mexico pay for it and no one asks how he thinks that will work. They won't and he can't do what he is suggesting by taking the money from goods from Mexico that would just be theft from Mexican businesses. He claims he has all sorts of plans but never goes into how he would accomplish any of them. I mean if you support Trump you are just ignoring how our government works and believing he can do what he says he wants to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much yep! And it's the truth, I mean if they bothered to do a little research they would find out 99.9% of the shit he is saying are lies and/or impossible.

Here is an example of Trump supporters lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NzhQWcc7h4
    Last edited by Seefer; 2016-03-23 at 04:03 AM.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

10+ Year Old Account
    not going to bother reading your post
    Ladies and gentlemen, the intentional low-information voter outing himself. Let's give him a big hand!

but yeah people do make mistakes and the mistake was fixed

but you seem to have a problem with people fixing their mistakes to bad everybody is not perfect like you
    In what way was it fixed? He "defended" his actions by saying, once again for bonus irony to his personal friend and supporter Bill O'Reilly on life fucking FOX News, that it was a retweet and he doesn't have time to check all the things he retweets. I linked the goddamn video! He actually claimed to be blameless because he posted someone else's blatant racist lie, and couldn't be bothered to fact check it first! This is a guy with a large personal staff! This is a guy who wants to open up the libel laws to let people who do exactly this sort of thing get sued! He did not, in any way, to date, apologize or admit what he did was wrong (or if so, it wasn't made public enough to be on the first 10 pages of a Google search for trump apologizes for racist tweet, and I did look, because I'm an informed god-dam voter)

And for the record,
    a) replying to a post which you specifically say you have not read, makes you sound like an idiot
    b) if, in that reply, you indicate you actually have read that post, then it makes you a liar.
    Neither are redeeming characteristics.