Page 47 of 106 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    What's your alternative? Round up all muslims in the predominantly muslim neighborhood and put them in deportation camps?
    An active solution is more appealing than a passive solution.

Hoping that they will stop seems like a weak plan.

I predict we could stop 100% involvement in the middle east and bribe the shit out of them, whether it is ISIS or other Islamic groups, and they still will cause terror.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Sure. Absolutely. Let's be relentless. Let's have a reputation for being relentless. No argument there.

But this fiction about torture is utterly ridiculous. When the US used Torture after 2001 for a few years it was to extract information. Okay find. A warcrime. Terribly illegal. But let's concede, the motive was to prevent future terrorism.

What I'm seeing, and not isolated, is now this desire from particularly Trumps supporters is for torture as a form of punishment, even as a deterrent effect. That's a huge step beyond what the Bush Administration did. It's vastly worse. You can say torture for intelligence gathering is deeply flawed, horrifically illegal, monstrous and misguided. But to torture for punishment and to create a reputation for fear is truly evil. More than that, it would fundamentally undermine any shred of moral authority this country has and it does matter.

I totally get where these Trump supporters come from. Many of them are younger and don't get it. And after 9/11 I, like many Americans was very angry and didn't give a fuck about the niceties of moral authority.

They just need to come around and see, sooner rather than later, truly how you fight matters because the conduct of the campaign sticks with you. This country is STILL trying to scrub the stain of Iraq off, and it'll be years before that's done - and I supported that war until the end of it. This isn't even about the terrorists. It's about the cost of doing business. Fundamentally, is what the US is investing in the campaign worth the outcome? At what point does not become worth it. I'd say at the very least, at the point at which we start utterly betraying ourselves for sake of expediency. At that point, we should find another way.

Just imagine if we made a Time machine and could go back to 2003 and would tell the country "if you launch the Iraq War, you'll spend a couple trillion dollars, lose 4500 troops, weaken your country against conventional powers, and gain a reputation for torture and war crimes that will take years to repair...oh and by the way on the other end of it, a terrorist-rapist army will conquer 1/3rd the country and Iraq will be failed state... will you do it?" Somehow, I strongly doubt it.

Again, terrorism needs to be treated as the 2.5 out of 10 problem it is, not the 9 out of 10 problem we sometimes get so worked up that we treat it as, just so we can make ourselves feel better. The United States is stronger today than it was a few years ago, in large part because Europe, Russia and China have hit terrible difficulties. But that's luck, and no where near as strong as we would be if we waged our post-9/11 era with a hell of a lot more wisdom and patience than we exhibited. We basically did everything wrong, and that's from someone who was ready to nuke Afghanistan into oblivion just to send a message, 15 years ago.
    I can agree on some of the points you make about torture. However, I would disagree on the 2.5 out of 10 problem. Life is very simplistic when you look at it. Life is good when you feel safe and can be happy. Terrorism, while it has a low chance of killing you, has a severe effect on the way many people feel. When I go into a movie theater, I occasionally look over my shoulder at that young male with a backpack who's at the theater alone. When I get on a plane, I'm scanning people around me for what they're reaching for and playing with in their hands. Terrorism is one of the few things out of our control. Should we fear cancer and disease more? Maybe because it kills more of us, but we can be proactive in getting regular check-ups and that gives us a sense of security. Should we be more concerned about traffic accidents? Probably, but I can drive on side streets, or very defensively, or not drive when the weather is bad, and in the real scheme of things I feel in control because I can make the evasive maneuvers to avoid it. Should I be worried about my job? Maybe, but I'm a responsible person who has worked hard in life, and I know I can land another job should I lose mine. What I can't control is the person next to me, when I have to go anywhere with a crowd of people.

It's some fear, but it's more anger. Anger that terrorism has taken away your peace of mind. That anger makes us want to fight. We want retribution for what they've taken from us. It's not admitting defeat, it's admitting they've started a fight with us, and it's a fight we're determined to finish. Where a victory can be claimed, and we can go back to our way of life with that peace of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Israel seizes 450 acres in the West Bank, boom, bomb goes off.
    I wonder how long it would take to blame this shit on Israel. Not very long it seems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post

I predict we could stop 100% involvement in the middle east and bribe the shit out of them, whether it is ISIS or other Islamic groups, and they still will cause terror.
    remind me rounding up people is ok when the next US mass shooting happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Holas View Post
    I wonder how long it would take to blame this shit on Israel. Not very long it seems.
    eh too 40+ pages

Ut oh, I take back everything I said.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    In 1989 our government forced 360 000 Turks to leave our country. We had a wall and mines to stop them from returning. Problem was solved.
    Good thing you mention '89 events, I will remind this you back each time you mention "oppression" and "Turkey" in the same sentence. By the way, are you going to link the proof showing the photo was taken in Turkey?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Good thing you mention '89 events, I will remind this you back each time you mention "oppression" and "Turkey" in the same sentence. By the way, are you going to link the proof showing the photo was taken in Turkey?
    I like your new avatar

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post

Wait. You actually think THIS, Al Qaeda and ISIS compares to the Crusades and Genghis Khan? Is that some sort of Joke? The Crusades lasted five hundred years. Genghis Khan created the largest contiguous empire in human history, changed the demographics of Asia and destroyed a Caliphate.
    Did you just insult my native people and ignore the time we raided and pillaged and formed a large empire?
    Vikings man - also way more important than 'Isis'

10+ Year Old Account
    No-one is blaming Israel. You are the one dragging that conflict in this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgarlaw View Post
    As someone living in belgium, shut the fuck up, you have no idea what you're talking about.

When they caught Abdeslam, the entire neighbourhood assaulted the press and police with rocks, and boo"d them.

They're actively aiding and sympathizing with a mass murderer terrorist

Religion of peace indeed.
    As someone who lives in Belgium too I'm ashamed to read those lies. But go on with your anti-Muslim crusade on MMO-C. Let's see how many followers you can get.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    No, that wouldn't work.
    Because an IS-member could just say he's an atheïst and still carry out attacks.
    And that's if we ignore that our country does not register the religion of people, we're secular like that.
    lets clarify, lets deport every single person who's father, grandfather, mother, grandmother, came from anywhere Arabic is spoken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    No-one is blaming Israel. You are the one dragging that conflict in this thread.
    technically, hub did say it and holas was responding

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Did you just insult my native people and ignore the time we raided and pillaged and formed a large empire?
    Vikings man - also way more important than 'Isis'
    No. Nothing the Vikings did had any lasting effect.

I'm totally kidding btw. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    What's your alternative? Round up all muslims in the predominantly muslim neighborhood and put them in deportation camps?
    Hah thats so 1940s

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    All of the west are to blame to not see that Muslims need a dictator to supress them because they cant be normal with freedom.
    Saddam housan, a awfull men to his own ppl. But he might have been keeping the peace for the world for years.
    Ironically this holds a lot of truth. The West tried to "civilize" the Middle East by brute-forcing democratic development, but instead creating a power vacuum in which extremist groups like al-Qaeda, ISIS, etc could establish themselves.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post

No western country is just "hoping" they will stop. You have no idea what you are talking about, and it shows in your vapid opinion as to what is happening in reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Insert all the radical Islamic ideology you want in there, what does it change about the creation of IS? Nothing. IS is a political consequence of Hussein being killed as a direct result of the US invasion. Radical Islamism or not, IS and whatever they do is blood on the US' hands.
    The moral of the story is to let dictators have a stranglehold on their citizens so they won't go crazy and blow themselves up in other countries.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Ugh.

Every single time Islamic terror scores a hit, people start blaming Islam as a whole, yet again unable to comprehend that this is the result of a violent minority of Islam.

I work at an airport with several Muslims. All of whom would be quick to condemn such attacks. All of whom are just as American as their co-workers.

Some Muslims are violent. Most are not. By running with this narrative of "all Muslims are bad," you are playing into the hands of ISIS and Al-Qaeda, who want a global war on Islam. That is why we must maintain a distinction between the peaceful majority and the violent militant groups like ISIS and AQ.

Absolutely not true. The vast majority of muslims condone these attacks, they just know to lie when needed.
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

To people like that, every negative thing can somehow be blamed on Jews. No point reasoning or wasting time on those people.

Deleted
    Twitter

SITE Intel Group

@siteintelgroup

#ISIS claimed credit for the attacks in #Belgium through its 'Amaq News Agency

source: http://www.hbvl.be/cnt/dmf20160322_0...haven-zaventem

for those that understand dutch, can follow there the live reports of the current situation.