Page 58 of 106 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    3 people guys.
    A religion of 1.6 billion +

Please use common sense. These misguided few do not represent the religion as a whole. Europe really needs to look into why they are being targeted like this. Look at the underlying causes. Also really need to look at how these guys are getting weapons and explosives.

Fear and panic does nothing good.
    LOL. from the guy that spreads fear and panic EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. with his shit-posting.

you know what? no.
    If there's anything i learned from you, is that if ANY person that is considered part of a group, does ANYTHING WRONG, it's the groups fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Just want to throw out the fact that when someone blows themselves up killing 30 people, it's acceptable to use stronger wording than "misguided."
    While an emphatic "fucked up few" certainly satisfies more, I think "misguided" is actually more to the point and constructive in this debate. They are misguided and that's one thing we need to change, to have people educated enough to see through propaganda that can lead them to kill themselves.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    We both know those are some idiot websites and we both know that people shouldn't take them serious.
    I'm not even going to bother with them.
    Websites that I don't agree with - not going to bother.
    its always great seeing you worm out any actual discussion with facts .

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Those goatherders don't have the means to attack the US and the Americans are notoriously paranoid these days, so even if they had the logistics, they would probably not get very far with it. I don't think there is a deeper cause than simple convenience.
    They could pull it off ,if they really wanted to, but europe is the far easier target. All you need are a few radical sympathizers and you have those in every nation of the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's my firm believe that Europe is simply the most convenient targets. Those goatherders don't have the means to attack the US and the Americans are notoriously paranoid these days, so even if they had the logistics, they would probably not get very far with it. I don't think there is a deeper cause than simple convenience.
    Here's what I don't get. The tech exists already to have autonomous solar powered vessels sail anywhere in the world. Why not strap one of those babies with some explosives and send them to an oil platform in the Gulf of Mexico? They're little things, and it's unlikely the Coast Guard would notice. Hell, you could probably sail one directly into a crowded port or alongside an oil refinery.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

While an emphatic "fucked up few" certainly satisfies more, I think "misguided" is actually more to the point and constructive in this debate. They are misguided and that's one thing we need to change, to have people educated enough to see through propaganda that can lead them to kill themselves.
    Education requires open minds.

The only time their minds have been open is when the detonator forcefully does so.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

I keep hearing this. And I keep wondering if you know what you're talking about. But then again, just give us the green light and Germany can fire up the ovens again. No problem, we're good at this. 6 millions while the whole world opposed us, watch us gas a billion with your support.

Is that... REALLY what you want? If not, how about you stop with those polemics?

(FYI: If this post disgusts you, good. It should. That's the point. Think carefully about what you're asking for.)
    Islam needs to be changed in the same way Japanese culture was changed in WW2, to the point where it no longer harbors ideologies that boil down to imperialistic death cults. The fact that they had to evacuate and lock down 2 nuclear power plants in Belgium means that terrorists in that country could literally pose an existential threat to the further existence of the country.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Pangean you've contributed nothing to the conversation, yet accuse others of trolling when you can't come up with responses lol.
    Funny. You replied to posts I made in this very thread.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's what I don't get. The tech exists already to have autonomous solar powered vessels sail anywhere in the world. Why not strap one of those babies with some explosives and send them to an oil platform in the Gulf of Mexico? They're little things, and it's unlikely the Coast Guard would notice. Hell, you could probably sail one directly into a crowded port or alongside an oil refinery.
    Because the navy/airforce would blow it out of the water before it got anywhere close to the coast.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Yeah, that's not happening. That's what goes against the very core of Western principles, the same ones that are keeping the affected countries from going on a frenzy as a response to something like this.
    Your presumption that the EU cares about such things is cute. Their own model of governance proves just the opposite; they are a technocratic body who answers to no-one.

What causes more fear, an oil platform in the middle of nowhere or the death of several dozen loved ones in their comfort zones? It is all about the message, we can get you anywhere at any time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Because the navy/airforce would blow it out of the water before it got anywhere close to the coast.
    If they even noticed it coming. These things are smaller than an automobile, and would be extremely easy to miss. Even if you did see it, what reason would you have to assume it has explosives on board?

Here's an example of one such system:

http://www.automarinesys.com/wp-cont..._DataSheet.pdf

Wut? I'm sure Skroe could elaborate for two pages on this, but I'm fairly certain some dipshit from the hinterlands of Iraq is not able to feed a navigational computer precisely enough to even hit the North American continent, let alone an oil platform or a specific town.

And vehicles that can sail indefinitely around the globe are million dollar prototypes. I'd be surprised if more than a handful were flight worthy, without the ability to carry load like explosives.

DON'T GIVE THEM IDEAS MAN!
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    What causes more fear, an oil platform in the middle of nowhere or the death of several dozen loved ones in their comfort zones? It is all about the message, we can get you anywhere at any time.
    That oil platform is the death of several hundred loved ones in their place of work. Plus a massive environmental disaster as well.

That oil platform is the death of several hundred loved ones in their place of work. Plus a massive environmental disaster as well.
    I still think the aerial drone bomb in a crowded stadium was the scarier suggestion. Don't get me wrong, you work in oil and can appreciate better your scenario; I just agree that an attack offshore isn't going to cause as much distress as one inland where there is the perception of security.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by GrinningMan View Post
    Education requires open minds.

The only time their minds have been open is when the detonator forcefully does so.
    Oh yeah, more badass rhethorics. Makes you sound just like Clint Eastwood. I am so impressed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wut? I'm sure Skroe could elaborate for two pages on this, but I'm fairly certain some dipshit from the hinterlands of Iraq is not able to feed a navigational computer precisely enough to even hit the North American continent, let alone an oil platform or a specific town.

And vehicles that can sail indefinitely around the globe are million dollar prototypes. I'd be surprised if more than a handful were flight worthy, without the ability to carry load like explosives.

DON'T GIVE THEM IDEAS MAN!
    Nah, you can get one of the ones I just posted for a couple hundred thousand dollars, and they can carry payloads, don't have endurance limits (solar and wind powered), can right themselves after capsizing, etc.

Oh yeah, more badass rhethorics. Makes you sound just like Clint Eastwood. I am so impressed.
    Hey. Fuck you homie.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I still think the aerial drone bomb in a crowded stadium was the scarier suggestion.
    Guys, stop talking like that... we have the Euros coming up and this is pretty much the last chance Germany has for a long time to actually win the Euro while being world champion. We want that double. Don't ruin it for us!

It is still in the middle of nowhere, in a city you could get a few dozen children if you are lucky, while the platform would hurt more economically, they intend to wound emotionally and it demonstrates cities are not 100% save.