Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Sometimes I wonder if you can be so far left that you are right or so far right that you are left when it comes to free speech versus politically correct speech.

Oh forgive my musing, no I don't believe being PC would kill more people than not being PC. It is however a ridiculous waste of time that just needs to go away.
    "You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need"
    ~Vernon Howard

"The truly rich are those who enjoy what they have"
    ~Yiddish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    It is not the "PC crowd", it is just people thinking rationally. It doesn't take much effort to realize that criticizing a group of people for the actions of a negligible fraction of them is illogical. You could as much say that humanity is monstrous, just because Hitler and Stalin were humans and monstrous ones.

Terrorist attacks in Belgium were performed by ISIS, residing in Iraq and Syria. What it has to do with Muslim communities in Belgium, I fail to see.
    The one in Paris? How about the terrorist apprehended by cops (alive) last week or so? They sure do come from Iraq/Syria. But there's fertile ground being made in Europe. Heck the expansion of Wahabbist Mosques from SA isn't helping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by negawonka View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if you can be so far left that you are right or so far right that you are left when it comes to free speech versus politically correct speech.

Oh forgive my musing, no I don't believe being PC would kill more people than not being PC. It is however a ridiculous waste of time that just needs to go away.
    Are political leanings actually a sphere? Holy shit, what's on the other side of central!?

So, what exactly is the end goal? Is it to say that all Muslims are terrorists? Is it to treat all Muslims as terrorists?

I mean, if the end goal is "Don't be afraid to report those you find suspicious!", then I get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, it cant. Stupid can kill though.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Are political leanings actually a sphere? Holy shit, what's on the other side of central!?
    Cthulhu perhaps?
    "You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need"
    ~Vernon Howard

"The truly rich are those who enjoy what they have"
    ~Yiddish Proverb

Deleted
    Mods on this forum are just complete PC assholes. I've been banned so many times for saying the truth but looks like everyone will rather roll and die than hear cold hard truth. I support terrorist, they kill weak idiots who are even affraid to fight back. Good riddance!

Absolutely, it can kill.
    So can masturbating.
    Or spending too much time in the sun.
    Bad eating habits.
    Smoking, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    The one in Paris? How about the terrorist apprehended by cops (alive) last week or so? They sure do come from Iraq/Syria. But there's fertile ground being made in Europe. Heck the expansion of Wahabbist Mosques from SA isn't helping.
    The practical consideration of this matter doesn't leave much room for action. Yes, certain members of Muslim communities in Europe do take part in these attacks or the preparation to them. What can be done about it? It is already being done: intelligence, police activity, etc. But you can't take action against the communities in general or their innocent members, unless you want to establish a police state with the ability to do that legally - which would lead to far worse consequences to Europe than just a bunch of terrorist attacks.

So no, "PC crowd" has nothing to do with it. It is just a recognition of the values European society is built on and the willingness to not step away from these ideals because of a bunch of crazies with bombs - that's exactly what they want to happen, and it should not be allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fauier View Post
    Mods on this forum are just complete PC assholes. I've been banned so many times for saying the truth but looks like everyone will rather roll and die than hear cold hard truth. I support terrorist, they kill weak idiots who are even affraid to fight back. Good riddance!

I don't think it is mods. It is just you, mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fauier View Post
    That..that right there. That's why you've been banned. Mods just cleaning up the filth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ideologies cannot kill. People who are stupid can kill.

Stupid person + ideology = can kill for ideology

Its algebra brah!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    The problem is people think it's "PC" when people dismiss their ideas of "Ban Islam and Muslims, because a spades a spade" or something. That's not a logical solution, never has been and never will. It's not even a matter of political correctness it's just a moronic argument. Same can go for all policies that call to "Ban everything I disagree with" be they right or left ideals.
    I'd be inclined to disagree. While some do believe their countries should ban muslims, I think most people that are against PC beliefs feel that the PC side thinks you should never be able to criticize muslims. Because after all, criticisms can be hurtful, and in some cases they can be untrue, or half truths.

Despite that, we do see a lot of crimes against humanity go on in muslim countries that are entirely ignored by those same PC people, mainly due to their unwillingness to point out said injustices.

Allow me to provide an example though, in America there was that one bakery that didn't want to make cakes for the weddings of gay people. PC people protested and felt it was an outrage. On the flip side homosexuals in many muslim nations are brutally murdered for no reason other than being gay, yet those same PC folks offer no criticisms.

To me it's a dangerous type of "double think", one in which people think they are morally superior while doing it, yet these people are ignoring reality while doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    Laura Ingraham made comments stating that political correctness can sometimes kill.

-Considering what has been happening recently around the world, do you agree with her?

Yes her statements are factually correct just like here where fox news claims that Birmingham is 100% Muslim and none Muslims don't enter -

Or like here where Fox news claims that sesame street is communist brainwashing for children -

Or one could ask why you watch trash news that is hilarious factually wrong and is about as accurate and truthful as the national enquirer.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    The practical consideration of this matter doesn't leave much room for action. Yes, certain members of Muslim communities in Europe do take part in these attacks or the preparation to them. What can be done about it? It is already being done: intelligence, police activity, etc. But you can't take action against the communities in general or their innocent members, unless you want to establish a police state with the ability to do that legally - which would lead to far worse consequences to Europe than just a bunch of terrorist attacks.
    When we're talking PC we're talking debates of ideas. By all means engage and take action. Fight a propaganda war against Islam/Political Correctness.
    So no, "PC crowd" has nothing to do with it. It is just a recognition of the values European society is built on and the willingness to not step away from these ideals because of a bunch of crazies with bombs - that's exactly what they want to happen, and it should not be allowed.
    What values? Free speech/religion? It would not be contrary to those if you attack Islam.

Saying they're just a bunch of crazies with bombs is like saying slavery was just a bunch of bad guys with whips and chains.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Ideologies cannot kill. People who are stupid can kill.

Stupid person + ideology = can kill for ideology

Its algebra brah!
    So a Neonazi who doesn't kill anyone isn't a Neonazi?

And it's not like you need to be dumb to kill over ideology. This equivalence of being stupid for killing over beliefs is just ignorant.

It might not kill always, it might "just" scar you for life: Rotherham child sexual exploitation scandal

Because most of the perpetrators were of Pakistani heritage, several council staff described themselves as being nervous about identifying the ethnic origins of perpetrators for fear of being thought racist; others, the report noted, "remembered clear direction from their managers" not to make such identification. One Home Office researcher, attempting to raise concerns about the level of abuse with senior police officers in 2002, was told not to do so again, and was subsequently suspended and sidelined. The researcher told BBC Panorama that:
    ... she had been accused of being insensitive when she told one official that most of the perpetrators were from Rotherham's Pakistani community. A female colleague talked to her about the incident. "She said you must never refer to that again – you must never refer to Asian men." "And her other response was to book me on a two-day ethnicity and diversity course to raise my awareness of ethnic issues."
    The report noted that the police showed lack of respect for the victims, who were deemed "undesirables".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    When we're talking PC we're talking debates of ideas. By all means engage and take action. Fight a propaganda war against Islam/Political Correctness.

What values? Free speech/religion? It would not be contrary to those if you attack Islam.

Saying they're just a bunch of crazies with bombs is like saying slavery was just a bunch of bad guys with whips and chains.

- - - Updated - - -

So a Neonazi who doesn't kill anyone isn't a Neonazi?

And it's not like you need to be dumb to kill over ideology. This equivalence of being stupid for killing over beliefs is just ignorant.
    You can believe what you want, but that does not automatically make you a killer. Killing does.

Unless we are talking some obscure idea of "political correctness" that doesn't call actual murderers murders, for example, no lol. Though I could make an argument for the right wing(america) version of political correctness that tends to imply that all muslims terrorists, gay people are pedophiles, trans people are sexual perverts, and the list can go on here.

Yes, that damn political correctness certainly prevents people to make threads here on an hourly basis about how PC ruins their lives, isn'it ?

How about this?

1. You are so PC you won't admit there is a bad part of town, let's pick on Chicago.

2. You go there to shop, are hit by a stray bullet and killed.

If you were less PC you would've avoided the place.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland