Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    Trying to ninja view that at work and not bust out laughing, gg me.
    mwuahahahahah

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saffi View Post
    Content as in Trump's idea of the wall or content as in the message John Oliver is sending?
    There's a differance?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyi View Post
    A net detriment you say. Millions of illegal peoples whom we know next to nothing about entering our boarders and going about their lives as they see fit is OK? Lets ask the Utopian EU how that is working out.
    I mean illegal mexican immigration has all but stopped.

But keep doomsaying about how millions are crossing our border when what you really mean is millions are in the country... but you have to say crossing the border to justify your wall.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Encore View Post
    No effect?

European countries who has erected a wall has seen illegal immigration drop from tens of thousands to virtually 0. A wall is also what the american border guard wants. They should know what would be effective, really—it is their job after all.

More conflict? There is a 58billion annual trade deficit between the US and Mexico. If they want to mess with the US because of something that is perfectly legal and fair game, they would lose far far more than the US, and hence they would not.
    You know, people really need to stop getting their jimmies rustled over trade deficits, because when you think about it, it just means that Mexico is sending us an extra $58 billion worth of useful stuff in exchange for a bunch of funny looking pieces of green paper that are only valuable because we say it is, sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Yeah in theory this could eventually destroy the value of the dollar but that won't happen any time soon because foreign countries value its role in stabilizing global trade, these trade deficits are basically a form of tax on the rest of the world collected in the form of goods in return for using our currency over their funny money.

Quote Originally Posted by dwhitw2636 View Post
    And judging from the responses from the Oliver fans, they do...
    Oh so edgy (sarcasm). The issue is not about building a wall, it's simply that would be no benefits and a number of problems that would arise from the construction of said wall.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    what's insane is your still going on about driving the mexicans out of america like hitler went on about driving the jews out of europe.(and no that wasn't meant to be a joke) you know why i'm making these comparisons zombergy? it's because your starting to post like him. it's disturbing.
    So to recap...

Per the question:

"Wheres your sympathy for the American lives ended or destroyed because of illegal invaders? All those raped women, molested children, drug addicted kids, and dead bodies?"
    Your answers are:

Sympathy for raped women: No.
    Sympathy for molested children: No.
    Sympathy for drug addicted kids: No.
    Sympathy for dead bodies: No.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Isn't Trump a comedian as well? I laugh at pretty much every speech that man gives...
    $100 says you've never watched one.

(btw don't answer wasn't a question)

I'm betting your opinion, like most here, is driven completely by bite-sized headlines in leftists media.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Wow yeah that sounds like small-government for sure. Keep government out of our lives right?

You're fucking hilarious Zombergy, you and everyone else who thinks the way you do.
    Well I'd be perfectly fine with a private sector solution to removing the illegal invaders.

But it really seems like something the government should do given it falls in the jurisdiction of dozens of federal laws.

But hey by all means let the inundation continue.

It wont be people like me or our children who suffer from it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Detritivores View Post
    So your criticism of Oliver's points are that he and his viewers are well-informed? I see...
    Just giving the nod to a man who found his market and is making bank in it.

Comedy was always a tough gig to break.

Newgens love pop culture, they love to be cool and trendy, and they've about a billion times more likely to be convinced they are informed than to actually be informed.

So this is a match made in heaven.

Pop-culture sells product to willing market, market keeps coming back for more.

That's the way its supposed to be friend, I love it.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    So to recap...

Per the question:

Your answers are:

- - - Updated - - -

I'm betting your opinion, like most here, is driven completely by bite-sized headlines in leftists media.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I'd be perfectly fine with a private sector solution to removing the illegal invaders.

But it really seems like something the government should do given it falls in the jurisdiction of dozens of federal laws.

- - - Updated - - -

Newgens love pop culture, they love to be cool and trendy, and they've about a billion times more likely to be convinced they are informed than to actually be informed.

Suffer from what exactly?

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want to know where the guy got the Wall Outfit. I want one too and Ill wear it every day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sympathy is not in question. The question is whether the solution to the problems in US-Mexican relations is to build a very expensive wall and think about nations as we did in the worst parts of the 19th century.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we need to just deport John Oliver back to Britain or wherever his stupid ass is from. Hes probably an illegal alien anyway

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I just want to know where the guy got the Wall Outfit. I want one too and Ill wear it every day!
    Promise to post a pic?
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we need to just deport John Oliver back to Britain or wherever his stupid ass is from. Hes probably an illegal alien anyway
    He has had a green card for several years now.

So what Alex Jones wanted to do to Piers Morgan? Ah, good ol' American freedom of speech, eh? Censoring people on either side that don't agree with you and jokingly (or in Jones' case un-jokingly) telling them they should be deported or they should go back to their country (even though they're American citizens).

10+ Year Old Account
    I love when people claim that liberals are ruled by emotional appeal, and that conservatives base their viewpoints on facts and logic -- only to have the exact opposite occur in practice.

You have here, in John Oliver's video, compelling logic and evidence to demonstrate that this fucking wall (as former Mexican President Vincente Fox put it) is an absurd waste of money. It will not curb illegal immigration into the United States. It will cost significantly more (and not just in dollars) than has been advertised - although those projections are steadily increasing, so eventually they may reach the actual cost. In a strict, cost vs. efficacy perspective, it is like fumigating your entire house to deal with a single ant's nest - only to kill maybe a dozen or so ants anyway.

The only arguments given against the video's logic are appeals to emotion - specifically, fear. Fear of what the "Evil Mexican Horde(TM)" will do. Fear that "what happened to Greece will happen to us if we don't build this wall!" Make people afraid, because they won't agree to this shit when they've got a level head about themselves.

It's funny then, that the conservative narrative is so contradictory to application in reality.

I'm serious when I say that conservatism should legitimately be seen as a sign of mental illness.

So to recap...

Per the question:

Your answers are:

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, I watched a few actually. It was a joke though but some of his suggestions are a bit silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    So what Alex Jones wanted to do to Piers Morgan? Ah, good ol' American freedom of speech, eh? Censoring people on either side that don't agree with you and jokingly (or in Jones' case un-jokingly) telling them they should be deported or they should go back to their country (even though they're American citizens).
    John Oliver is not an American Citizen and Neither is Piers Morgan. They may be here legally but they are NOT citizens. Green cards can be revoked as well

John Oliver is not an American Citizen and Neither is Piers Morgan. They may be here legally but they are NOT citizens. Green cards can be revoked as well
    Even so, let's take away people's rights to live in this country because they have a difference of opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Are you at least going to try to refute any of the claims Oliver made? I mean comedy is irrelevant, you can be funny and still make sense realistically.
    Couple of his points are just biased ones, but I do agree the fence is a stupid idea.

- Says the wall cost doesn't factor in the price of land they'd have to purchase. Well, since we've already got the land from the last fence built, that kind of seems like a moot point. There's no reason they wouldn't build the new, better quality fence right next to the other fence, meaning they don't have to purchase more land, and most likely don't have to build new roads since there are most likely existing ones from the last fence.

- PewResearch says that nearly half of all current illegals entered the country legally by just overstaying their visas. What that really means though, is that over half entered here illegally via boarder crossing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Resident aliens are entitled to the protection of all laws and are protected by the Constitution. That includes the 1st amendment.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

I don't understand which people a wall is supposed to keep out. You can go under, over and through a wall. You can go around it.

I'd like to see one decent example of someone a wall blocks from entering the country. It makes no sense.