Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I'd like that to but I've resigned myself to what seems the truth; it's not worth the effort for them. If they did not do it in Cata, it's not going to be done unless they revisit the leveling experience at a future xpac and considering that their massive effort (not saying the result was good or bad, but the effort was surely there) in Cata met with nearly no interest and that boosts are a moneymaker, I am not seeing them do this (unless they do something revolutionary like change the entire game world to scale to players and actually have endgame content occuring EVERYWHERE).
    ah, but cata was a "huge" effort because their team had been reduced.. i think it was after WoTLK, that many people were switched to the new project they were working on (Titan I think it was) that was scrapped eventually (2014), so they could do a lot less. Not now, they can do a lot more now, plus they expanded their staff.

The only issue I see with this is how the Maelstrom mystically moved west.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderi View Post
    The only issue I see with this is how the Maelstrom mystically moved west.
    the old maps aren't that accurate.. don't forget the maps are given to us by dwarves, and as good as they can be, they're not modern science or ancient elven magic level of good.

it means they make mistakes... now the discovery of Suramar has helped them better update the maps, the Maelstrom has drifted west.

or maybe the maelstrom is a moving vortex...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    you're making an assumption here.. you're assuming that is the whole planet.. I can assure you it is not. In fact It is my opinion that ALL of this map above is in the northern hemisphere and is the fractured remains of what was a super continent.

how? well Northrend is at a polar cap - evident by the ice and frigid north -- but as you go south, it doesn't get hottest midway then cooler agian.. no ..it keeps getting hotter, in fact.. the hottest bits are at the tip of the continents - STV in the east - uldum/silithus/tanaris in kalimdor - they are all hottest regions with ecology like a tropical forest (un'goro/STV) unless a disaster has made the land barren (Badlands/Tanarais/Silithus/Uldum) - in Chronicles, Uldum was a lush and very beautifully exotic tropical jungle we are told... it was the efforts to stop Lei-shen that have made it so barren.

That does that mean? What you're seeing is actually just one side of the northern hemisphere of a planet. Pandera is not far from the Equator but pretty much on it -- imo, the Equator is either sitting just under Pandera, or just above it, or crosses it somewhere.. not sure which , but it's that.
    I am not simply assuming. There are ingame globes showing how the continents are oriented, including multiple in Northrend. You also have the globe inside the original WoW logo. During the Cho'gall cutscene in Dire Maul there is also a globe, and I also found screenshots of an actual globe object (one on a stand like you can buy in many shops). All of these show that Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms are located right in the middle of Azeroth, with signficant sides both to the south and the north of the equator. In addition, screenshots from several southern zones, including Stranglethorn, Tanaris, Uldum and Westfall are showing the sun to be in the northern hemisphere, at altitudes too high to be simply because of being early or late on a summer's day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    but they retconned the old maps, we only feel that it should be small based on the old lore, that's it - but that old lore has been updated ... Legion shows there was much more than just those 3 small islands.. no need to pretend it was nearly correct by making them tiny, might as well just make them big as they are.
    You can make the isles be small and say they are the first zone in WoW to be to scale with lore.

Is there an up to date 'lore correct' & 'geographically correct' version of the world map hiding somewhere that is available for comparison to how off the in-game map is?