Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I've already linked sufficient evidence. You're trying to get me to provide answers to secondary questions I never posited in the first place.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illega..._United_States

11-12 million, depending on the estimate, for total number.

I've already linked you data about how many overstayed.

I'm not Googling things for you any more because you can't be bothered. Do your own work next time. Wikipedia was not a difficult source to locate.
    So you dont want to back up your claims... got it... That is all I needed to know.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    So you dont want to back up your claims... got it... That is all I needed to know.
    I'm not sure what claim you think hasn't been backed up, because I've backed up my claims. You keep moving goalposts and asking me to defend your new goalposts as well, and it's tiresome.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what claim you think hasn't been backed up, because I've backed up my claims. You keep moving goalposts and asking me to defend your new goalposts as well, and it's tiresome.
    It okay, we are done here. I have the knowledge I need, thank you.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Took me all of 10 seconds first link.. Now you can STHU.
    Thought provoking you are, I am going to have to start paying more attention to you, and giving the words you say their due weight and respect.

7+ Year Old Account
    There are none, because it's not illegal.

The only thing that can happen to you is that, because you have no right to stay, you can be sent home. That's it. You can't even be obliged to pay for that deportation.
    http://www.visapro.com/Immigration-Articles/?a=173&z=30
    . Consequences of Overstaying a Visa:

Some of the consequences of overstaying a visa are:

Overstays may be barred from returning to the US for ten years or three years depending on the period of overstay
    Overstays may be further restricted from Extension of Stay or Change of Status
    Overstaying will void your existing visa
    Overstays generally are unable to obtain a new visa except in their country of nationality
    Overstays may not be able to Adjust Status in the U.S.
    And if you lie about having an over stay you are banned under the immigration code you like to ignore, because of misrepresentation of facts.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    If it helps, I apologize for being short and a bit of an ass.

I've just become sick of people not taking the time to do a little basic research when you want to debate something. If you have a different point of view that's fine. I'll respect and hear you out, but if you wanna question every single thing someone says because you won't take the time to do some as simple of a google search i'm done.
    I see you don't understand what debates are. You don't need to be educated on a debate subject to have one. Do you know how many debates I have seen on climate change, evolution, and other science where one person is not at all researched on the subject? A lot. You do not need to be educated on the subject to have a debate ... this is not required by any means and just because you prefer it doesn't mean it is required.

If I am skeptical of you claim, I have every right to challenge it regardless of any research I have done personally. I am under not obligation for a debate to ever research the subject before hand ... especially when it is an online debate. If you tell me "Just google it!" or throw sources without citing how they support what you said ... I am under no obligation to do so as well as no obligation to listen to your statement. What I don't have a right to do is demand someone argue for a point they aren't making.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post

And if you lie about having an over stay you are banned under the immigration code you like to ignore, because of misrepresentation of facts.
    Those are all "mays." They are not punishments for any crime. Overstaying a visa is not part of the criminal code. It's a civil infraction.

On the earlier question of "why aren't we deporting all of these visa overstays?" Very simply, we do not have enough money or manpower to get them all out, so we focus on the ones that are actually causing problems.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Those are all "mays." They are not punishments for any crime. Overstaying a visa is not part of the criminal code. It's a civil infraction.

On the earlier question of "why aren't we deporting all of these visa overstays?" Very simply, we do not have enough money or manpower to get them all out, so we focus on the ones that are actually causing problems.
    I never said punishment, I said consequences. It's still fucking illegal to over stay. You don't need a fine or incarnation for something to be a crime.

I could care less about how or why we do or do not get them out, immigration reform needs to happen. Arguing that over stays aren't illegal is laughable, but I do take into consideration who is arguing that point in this thread.

10+ Year Old Account

And none of that means you're a criminal. It just means the USA will not be allowing you to stay in the USA. This should be simple; cite the relevant law that makes it illegal, and thus punishable, to be in the USA without a current visa or immigration paperwork, as a non-citizen. You claimed it exists.

- - - Updated - - -

I never said punishment, I said consequences. It's still fucking illegal to over stay. You don't need a fine or incarnation for something to be a crime.
    No. You have no legal right to stay, and your own link states that not abiding by your visa's terms means the USA may hold that against you in considering future visas and changes of status. Nothing more.

There's nothing illegal about it.

It's like if you go to a party you're invited to, and stay until everyone goes home, getting blasted out of your mind. Your friend, who invited you, has to get your sloppy-drunk ass home safe, and may not invite you again. But you didn't commit any crime. Nothing you did was illegal.

Parking for 2.5 hours in a 2-hour parking zone is illegal. Unlawful presence is not.

Illegals should be shot. They are trespassing on our country and I personally shoot trespassers on my property. I even have signs saying so.

If someone comes here on a Visa and it expires, they would have 1 week to get down to immigration office and get it renewed or leave before we paint a target on their back. Gotta be somewhat fair at least. Don't want any Brussels-grown terrorists flying into the states illegally.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    If I, heaven forbid, were to say I would prefer someone to immigrate here legally than illegally... I am suddenly a xenophobic racist bigot. Why is that the narrative the media is choosing to roll with?
    When people (mostly liberals and progressives) have no other rational or legitimate argument then they resort to the "xenophobic racist bigot" accusations. It is as simple as that. When folks call you a " xenophobic racist bigot" just realize they have no leg to stand on and that they are mentally inferior to you.

because when you have no legitimate argument you have to resort to character assassinations. It's a specialty of the left

Trump was being questioned on his xenophobia and just responds with "I call it intelligence.

Deleted
    Illegal is illegal, you don't like the law? protest/vote to change it.

Let's play analogies.

I realllly need money, but I want to earn it legally.

Leftist: If you need money, just rob a bank, it is after all only 'illegal' and it is unnecessarily hard and complex to earn it.
    So that makes it a-o.k.

Why are so many leftists defending people who are breaking the law? Why not use logical thinking and critical dialogue to persuade your country to change the laws if the laws are wrong?

Oh wait you can't. Instead you try to appeal to peoples sense of injustice at the poor treatment of xyz ethnicity special case that is the exception to the rule, whilst simultaneously calling anyone who simply wants the legal process followed, 'racist' or 'xenophobe'.

Maybe the invading Nazi's shouldn't have been fought against, maybe we just didn't understand them and by restricting their movement into other countries we were xenophobic and the resulting genocides was simply them lashing out at the unfair xenophobic treatment they were subjected to....

Maybe the invading British Colonists of the 18th and 19th centuries were right to invade other countries and take their resources, after all, they just wanted a better life, why should the invaded people have the sole right to hoard the resources in xyz country? The people being invaded were racist xenophobes obviously.

If you are importing people en-masse from cultures that have a low value on life or where women are subjugated/treated like cattle - guess what kind of issues you are going to have. Funnily enough honour killings, FGM and domestic slavery are now rife in the western civilisation. How did that happen? Probably white racism caused it.. probably.

Mass immigration does not allow for time to integrate, the immigrant cultures isolate themselves in enclaves, where their predominant ideologies still prevail and override their hosts ideologies. By all accounts mass immigration and allowing immigrant cultures to thrive and grow in your environment is allowing invasion.

Millions of Mexicans/Middle Easterns barging their way into a resource rich country is no different to say millions of South African whites relocating to another resource rich country demanding special privileges and laws to accommodate them and breaking the laws of said country to get there. Did you wince at that thought? Is it because they are white?

Yeah, there is a punishment for leaving the US after overstaying, can't enter the US for 10 years, unless I jump the legal loop holes and get married.

It doesn't make me a criminal, it just means less cash-dosh-money for the US, more work overseas

Deathmaster of Defilers of Arathor - Emerald Dream - US

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goit View Post
    Illegal is illegal, you don't like the law? protest/vote to change it.

Let's play analogies.

I realllly need money, but I want to earn it legally.

Leftist: If you need money, just rob a bank, it is after all only 'illegal' and it is unnecessarily hard and complex to earn it.
    So that makes it a-o.k.

Why are so many leftists defending people who are breaking the law? Why not use logical thinking and critical dialogue to persuade your country to change the laws if the laws are wrong?

Oh wait you can't. Instead you try to appeal to peoples sense of injustice at the poor treatment of xyz ethnicity special case that is the exception to the rule, whilst simultaneously calling anyone who simply wants the legal process followed, 'racist' or 'xenophobe'.

Maybe the invading Nazi's shouldn't have been fought against, maybe we just didn't understand them and by restricting their movement into other countries we were xenophobic and the resulting genocides was simply them lashing out at the unfair xenophobic treatment they were subjected to....

Maybe the invading British Colonists of the 18th and 19th centuries were right to invade other countries and take their resources, after all, they just wanted a better life, why should the invaded people have the sole right to hoard the resources in xyz country? The people being invaded were racist xenophobes obviously.

If you are importing people en-masse from cultures that have a low value on life or where women are subjugated/treated like cattle - guess what kind of issues you are going to have. Funnily enough honour killings, FGM and domestic slavery are now rife in the western civilisation. How did that happen? Probably white racism caused it.. probably.

Mass immigration does not allow for time to integrate, the immigrant cultures isolate themselves in enclaves, where their predominant ideologies still prevail and override their hosts ideologies. By all accounts mass immigration and allowing immigrant cultures to thrive and grow in your environment is allowing invasion.

Millions of Mexicans/Middle Easterns barging their way into a resource rich country is no different to say millions of South African whites relocating to another resource rich country demanding special privileges and laws to accommodate them and breaking the laws of said country to get there. Did you wince at that thought? Is it because they are white?
    What are illegal immigrants taking that wasn't given to them? Answer: NOTHING. They don't take jobs, they are given jobs. They don't take things like welfare is only granted to citizens and there are a few "welfare like programs" for legal ones. They don't get anything that isn't given to them ... they don't take anything. Your analogy fails.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    What are illegal immigrants taking that wasn't given to them? Answer: NOTHING. They don't take jobs, they are given jobs. They don't take things like welfare is only granted to citizens and there are a few "welfare like programs" for legal ones. They don't get anything that isn't given to them ... they don't take anything. Your analogy fails.
    Did I mention 'DEY TUK UR JERBS'? no. Did I mention Welfare? no. My analogy had nothing to do with either of your poorly constructed rebuttals. Illegal immigrants, this includes bogus asylum seekers or refugees who cross 11 safe countries to settle in a nice little western (relatively speaking) utopia - that is until there's so many of them that it is turned into the shithole they 'fled'. Invasion and I love how the self loathing morons try to justify illegal immigration.

Try reading properly next time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goit View Post
    Did I mention 'DEY TUK UR JERBS'? no. Did I mention Welfare? no. My analogy had nothing to do with either of your poorly constructed rebuttals. Illegal immigrants, this includes bogus asylum seekers or refugees who cross 11 safe countries to settle in a nice little western (relatively speaking) utopia - that is until there's so many of them that it is turned into the shithole they 'fled'. Invasion and I love how the self loathing morons try to justify illegal immigration.

Try reading properly next time.
    Why don't you take your own advice because you have no idea what your own analogy implies. As the other option that is likely is that you knew that people would take it that way and set it up as such for this out. I was attacking your analogy. It doesn't apply, not all laws are equal and being an illegal immigrant is no where near the same level as robbing a bank ... at best it is akin to trespassing or loitering.

You are purposefully using arguments that describe taking something from someone else. So my question, what do illegal immigrants take is a valid response to what you wrote. I took away the two common responses "Jobs" and "Welfare" ... so what do they take as neither of those apply. Your examples and analogy are about taking. What do illegal immigrants take?

I could have ripped into the other nonsense you spouted as well such as appealing to someone's emotions can lead them to realizing a law is wrong. Logical arguments aren't what are not always what are the best laws. Not everyone is reached by a logical argument.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2016-03-23 at 01:20 AM.
    –The Sith Code

7+ Year Old Account
    And none of that means you're a criminal. It just means the USA will not be allowing you to stay in the USA. This should be simple; cite the relevant law that makes it illegal, and thus punishable, to be in the USA without a current visa or immigration paperwork, as a non-citizen. You claimed it exists.

- - - Updated - - -

No. You have no legal right to stay, and your own link states that not abiding by your visa's terms means the USA may hold that against you in considering future visas and changes of status. Nothing more.

There's nothing illegal about it.

It's like if you go to a party you're invited to, and stay until everyone goes home, getting blasted out of your mind. Your friend, who invited you, has to get your sloppy-drunk ass home safe, and may not invite you again. But you didn't commit any crime. Nothing you did was illegal.

Parking for 2.5 hours in a 2-hour parking zone is illegal. Unlawful presence is not.
    You say it's not legal but it's not illegal. I'm interested in your definition of each of those terms.

Because SJWs found that shaming people with a mob in the internet is a very effective method to get people to shut up and they don't care that it is remarkably anti-ethical because they find it justifiable.