Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I can see your point. I'm playing better when I'm shaving off information that I don't need to make room for other critical information. In this case I'm replacing the hot icons with the timer spiral by square color-coded icons. The split seconds I save on identifying hots and timers enable me to track the lifeblooms easily enough to not become a problem. Plus I'm avoiding the 'noise' of another weak aura alarm, or sound alarm.

This may sound like hi guys i descverd 1 buton makro for healing: /cast incarnation /cast wild growth /cast rejuv check out xD, but for me it was easier to cut down on redundancies and unnecessary precision. I try to make the depth of information based on decisions I can make from having it.
    All druid specs flood you with information, but can be boiled down to very little critical pieces.

I guess it's just another approach. Whatever works

Quote Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
    This may sound like hi guys i descverd 1 buton makro for healing: /cast incarnation /cast wild growth /cast rejuv check out xD, but for me it was easier to cut down on redundancies and unnecessary precision. I try to make the depth of information based on decisions I can make from having it.
    All druid specs flood you with information, but can be boiled down to very little critical pieces.
    In the end a UI only needs is critical information, and a way for you to perceive that information as quickly as possible, or just when you need to perceive it.

For me having color coded icons on my grid reduces my decision making time, because I need a bit more time to perceive what hots are on which targets, so having the actual icons, and positions is faster for me, if you have an easier time using colors, who can say that one is more right than the other.

Deleted
    Hi, I have a question. What is better: Mindscythe of the Legion mythic or Gavel of the Eredar mythic? I think that Gavel of the Eredar is better, but I want another opinion. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nairel View Post
    Hi, I have a question. What is better: Mindscythe of the Legion mythic or Gavel of the Eredar mythic? I think that Gavel of the Eredar is better, but I want another opinion. Thanks.
    flat out item level and haste makes it better. Shouldnt really be a question even with just the ilvl difference, but only 2ndary which matters is haste.

Deleted
    Hey all,

I've just started on the journey of resto healing and i love it!

I was just wondering if you all don't mind giving me a little help with using SimCraft and my Restro Druid?

Currently when i run the simulation i'm using 250k iterations, fight patchwerk style, world lag - Low, All Buffs, All stats and scaling enabled.

When i get my results it comes out like this: Int > Crit > SP > Mult > Vers > Haste > Mastery > Spi

This is contrary to a lot of sites that I've read, so I'm assuming I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks.

I've never used SimCraft for restoration druids so can't say for sure, but I'd assume it doesn't take overhealing into account at all and crit is really good in tank healing in that case. In a Patchwerk style fight, tanks are the only targets taking damage.

As a rule of thumb, don't use SimCraft for restoration druid stats. The exact order depends a bit on fight and gear but you can use Int > Spirit so that you're comfortable > Haste > Mastery > Multistrike > Versatility > Crit.
    Last edited by Alzu; 2016-05-17 at 05:10 PM.

Pretty sure Versatility > Crit with Regrowth glyph since like 705-710 ilvl.
    Torty - Highmountain Druid - Turalyon EU

Icy-Veins Guide for Restoration Druids

Hmm, yeah, seems like that's true. Never really given it any thought, just assumed versatility is the worst. Edited the post to reflect this.

I stopped playing a while ago after prog, but crit and versatility are close enough that even though you start with 10% crit vs 3% versatility and they're close in value, it still can be worth ignoring versatility if you're progressing on a fight where regrowth and personal damage to you aren't an issue

so for naked stats thats 110/0.9 for a 122.2 for a 1% increase to healing (lower for regrowth, higher for healing touch )

for versatility 130/0.97= 134 points for an 1% increase to all healing and the dmg reduction

so yeah, even at no gear with just raid buffs, they're very close stats, but yeah I think vers is still more preferable because of the regrowth and some usually negligible, but occasionally life-saving dmg reduction

honestly though, once you're in like decent mastery and haste gear in heroic HFC/M brf gear with 20%+ haste/mastery almost every stat gets pretty close on paper, although haste reducing cast times/gcd's is also really important

thhnxx i find this very helpfull!!

- - - Updated - - -

You should update it to 7.0.3!!!