What you all think about artifact major that would make blocks mitigate magic attacks at 50% of efficiency? Meaning usual block with mitigate 15% magic dmg while critical will mitigate 25%. Paladins block spells with their shield, BM monks have stugger working on spells with half efficiency. I dont see why prot warrior should have 0 mitigation against magic.

I feel like its really bad that our core ability shield block is absolutely useless against casters.
    Last edited by mindw0rk; 2016-03-19 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mindw0rk View Post
    What you all think about artifact major that would make blocks mitigate magic attacks at 50% of efficiency? Meaning usual block with mitigate 15% magic dmg while critical will mitigate 25%. Paladins block spells with their shield, BM monks have stugger working on spells with half efficiency. I dont see why prot warrior should have 0 mitigation against magic.

I feel like its really bad that our core ability shield block is absolutely useless against casters.
    Uh, are you familiar with the abilities Ignore Pain and Spell Reflection? Warriors are very well equipped for mitigating magic damage

Deleted
    I started my thinking on legion and i have some questions:
    - What is the base calculation for Rage Generation for the Damage we take ?
    - +3% leech is it usefull for Raid buff ?
    - Into the Tray (haste buff) what is the interrest of this talent ?
    - Is there any information on heroic strike (base calculation? or Damage information?)
    - Never Surrender > Indomitable?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by epurator View Post
    I started my thinking on legion and i have some questions:
    - What is the base calculation for Rage Generation for the Damage we take ?
    - +3% leech is it usefull for Raid buff ?
    - Into the Tray (haste buff) what is the interrest of this talent ?
    - Is there any information on heroic strike (base calculation? or Damage information?)
    - Never Surrender > Indomitable?

Not having acces to the alpha myself so feel free to correct my false information. However looking through some video's and posts here.
    - Rage is calculated in 2% max health dmg = 1 rage.
    - 3% leech, it's something but not a lifesaver since on burst aoe healers will take care of it.
    - haste reduced cooldown of SS/REV and SB, so it provides faster SB. more SS and REV's for more rage so more IP's.
    - Heroic strike, renamed now but forgot it's name; causes your SS to deal 100% more AP, stacks up three times.
    - Never surrender, since Indomitable is pure health, and they removed the health component from IP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by epidemius View Post
    - Rage is calculated in 2% max health dmg = 1 rage.
    that would be before mitigation i trust? (like vengeance/resolve so better skill/gear wont give you less rage?)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    that would be before mitigation i trust? (like vengeance/resolve so better skill/gear wont give you less rage?)
    Probably yes... but even so it doesn't scale properly, since better gear gives you more hp which means your rage income drops since the boss is doing less %of your max health per swing. Rage from damage taken remains the stupidest mechanic to make a comeback...

Quote Originally Posted by Marok View Post
    I updated my Shield Block uptime spreadsheet to account for the latest build for anyone interested. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...-v8eOY/pubhtml

With these changes, going for 100% Shield Block uptime is basically out of the question.
    Could you please also draw up a table for what kind of haste we need to maintain 100% uptimes during active tanking if we have a 30sec and 40sec tanking swap window (i.e. tank for 30sec, offtank for 30sec, repeat... and same if the tank swaps were every 40sec instead)? Thanks.
    Last edited by mmocd0c12776c5; 2016-03-20 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by willowywicca View Post
    Could you please also draw up a table for what kind of haste we need to maintain 100% uptimes during active tanking if we have a 30sec and 40sec tanking swap window (i.e. tank for 30sec, offtank for 30sec, repeat... and same if the tank swaps were every 40sec instead)? Thanks.
    I'll give that a try. It's going to take some time to implement so bear with me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willowywicca View Post
    Rage from damage taken remains the stupidest mechanic to make a comeback...
    And this is in reference to an expac where "Heroic Strike on-next-swing" was this close to returning.

ignore pain (nerf) is kinda sad, I was looking forward to meaty IP's based on solid max hp. but whatever, maybe it's scaling great with AP throughout the xpac. the only thing im TRULY worried about is this Shadowflame shield or something, forgive me I'm not too familiar with Alpha spell names yet, does it really root you in place for several seconds? I mean, whatever the benefit, I f-ing hate not being able to move as a tank. what kind of moron gives a spell with cast time to WARRIOR of all classes, when we're the only tank not actually relying on "magic". I don't mind the positioning aspect, like with cone of shockwave - very cool actually, but not being able to move? that straight up is depressing for me. please someone tell me I'm understanding it wrong or they've changed it already, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Hostile View Post
    ignore pain (nerf) is kinda sad, I was looking forward to meaty IP's based on solid max hp. but whatever, maybe it's scaling great with AP throughout the xpac. the only thing im TRULY worried about is this Shadowflame shield or something, forgive me I'm not too familiar with Alpha spell names yet, does it really root you in place for several seconds? I mean, whatever the benefit, I f-ing hate not being able to move as a tank. what kind of moron gives a spell with cast time to WARRIOR of all classes, when we're the only tank not actually relying on "magic". I don't mind the positioning aspect, like with cone of shockwave - very cool actually, but not being able to move? that straight up is depressing for me. please someone tell me I'm understanding it wrong or they've changed it already, please.
    You can move at any point and it cancels the channel of it. But yes if you want to continue it's channel you need to not move until it is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Hostile View Post
    It's a channel, and because so it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Arteezy View Post
    It's a channel, and because so it sucks.
    god DAMMIT. why Blizzard, why..... makes no sense.

To be honest i hope prot stays bad because the artifact looks ugly

blasphemy! I love my prot war too much to play anything else. :-/

With the recent buffs to it and the likelyhood that we won't have 100% block uptime at any point, I think it looks strong. I think they should raise the duration maybe to 4.5s? Sure sitting still and channeling sucks; but how often do you actually spend on an average boss fight sitting in 1 spot while you tank? Pretty often. The buffs made it assure crit blocks on every attack coming at you, as well as the damage on it actually being really strong. It's a decent button I'll actually press now. Do I like that I can't move during it? No, but it just means I'll think about when I'm using it. Instead of it just being another "On CD" ability.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arteezy View Post
    To be honest i hope prot stays bad because the artifact looks ugly
    You are aware, that until this very nerf we didn´t stood there too bad, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    "causing all incoming attacks to be critical blocks" for three seconds is pretty potent, I won't deny that. But I'm still concerned that
    a) we have the ONLY tank artifact starting trait (any trait?) that gets worse as we gear up, and
    b) we have the ONLY tank artifact starting trait (any trait?) that prevents us from using actions (such as rage-building actions) or moving.

(skipping brewmaster monk, which is clearly not finished)

I'll take/use the existing version, but I'd be happier with a weaker damage/defensive ability that didn't hamper my style.

Testers, suggest to devs that they added Demoralizing Shout to Anger Management talent. Since some talents and artifact traits are tied to it, it is more crucial as cooldown then Battle Cry or Shield Wall. Will also make Booming Voice stronger which it needs since it competes against stronger talents.

Few other things I'd like to see improved.

Talents: Best Served Cold still inferior to other 2 talents, I dont see how anyone would choose this over other talents. If it would improve Revenge damage and critical chance - then it would be viable, especially for AoE encounters.

PvP Talents: Shield Bash removed since it doesnt fit well into rotation. If it didnt have 15% dmg reduction there wouldnt be any reason to use it over Devastate. In its place a talent that gives sustain (5% healing from shield slam) or strong rage consuming nuke. Something in this area: costs 60 rage, deals 1000% AP dmg, 20 seconds cooldown.

Artifact: Intolerance 3/3 made baseline. Instead we get trait that makes blocks and critical blocks mitigate magic dmg at 15/30/45/60/75% efficiency.
    Scales of Earth artifact trait - instead of raising armor by 30% it mitigates 20% all damage in short duration.
    Might of the Vrykul - I dont get the point of this perk at all. WOuld remove this garbage completely and instead see something useful. For example: Each time you block attack you accumulate charges, when you get 10 charges, your next Shield Slam deals double dmg and has 30% more chance to crit. Or charges make next IP 50% stronger.
    Last edited by mindw0rk; 2016-03-24 at 01:23 PM.

Holy shit, why did nobody mentioned the fact that in Legion when you use Thunder Clap, you character literally stomps the earth so hard it cracks? It's the best fucking animation change in Legion.
    https://youtu.be/aX_xEywMYoY?t=26s

After seeing his video, I now think that even if mehcanically protection will be more boring than WoD, then I at least will look brutal and awesome playing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Holy shit, why did nobody mentioned the fact that in Legion when you use Thunder Clap, you character literally stomps the earth so hard it cracks?
    Uh..isn't that the case now?