Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    There is a Player VS AI mode.
    You can earn crates but at a much slower pace(less XP per round)

that's like asking if you can play an MMO without an internet connection.

its a multiplayer PVP fps, the whole point is to play it pvp, why pay so much money for it if you're not gonna use it for what it's supposed to be used.

If you want to play against bots - you should just PVP in WOW.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    its a multiplayer PVP fps, the whole point is to play it pvp, why pay so much money for it if you're not gonna use it for what it's supposed to be used.
    It might be a multiplayer PvP shooter, but first and foremost it is a video game - it's meant to be used to have some fun!
    If playing against bots is something that some people like, why not let them do it? The vs AI mode is already there, so apparently Blizzard has some data that proves there are enough people who want this mode, be it for practice or playing the game, so... Yeah - to each his own

As to why people like such things - it's simple:
    1) Playing against bots is less stressful than a more competitive PvP.
    2) Playing against bots is easier - you win more, which is still nice even if the wins don't mean anything.
    3) Playing against bots offers a different gameplay experience - the games are a bit slower, easier to understand, more relaxing, you can have more fun with certain builds and combinations (whereas in PvP you might be expected to play at a certain level or use a specific build), etc.
    4) Some people just don't like playing with other people - whether they don't feel the need to socialize in game or find the community toxic or whatever, it's not up to us to judge.

So... Why are you negative about it? If it's there - let people play it. Your experience won't suffer just because some people play the game differently than what you believe to be a correct way to do it

I think I played vs AI like, one time.

If that's your jam, that's cool - I guess. Personally I find it pretty hollow.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    If you want to play against bots - you should just PVP in WOW.
    Oh snap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyssian View Post
    It might be a multiplayer PvP shooter, but first and foremost it is a video game - it's meant to be used to have some fun!
    If playing against bots is something that some people like, why not let them do it? The vs AI mode is already there, so apparently Blizzard has some data that proves there are enough people who want this mode, be it for practice or playing the game, so... Yeah - to each his own

As to why people like such things - it's simple:
    1) Playing against bots is less stressful than a more competitive PvP.
    2) Playing against bots is easier - you win more, which is still nice even if the wins don't mean anything.
    3) Playing against bots offers a different gameplay experience - the games are a bit slower, easier to understand, more relaxing, you can have more fun with certain builds and combinations (whereas in PvP you might be expected to play at a certain level or use a specific build), etc.
    4) Some people just don't like playing with other people - whether they don't feel the need to socialize in game or find the community toxic or whatever, it's not up to us to judge.

So... Why are you negative about it? If it's there - let people play it. Your experience won't suffer just because some people play the game differently than what you believe to be a correct way to do it
    i guess im just baffled that people have 60 EUR for a game they're not even gonna really play.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I think I played vs AI like, one time.

If that's your jam, that's cool - I guess. Personally I find it pretty hollow.

Oh snap.
    Yeah I did it once before starting any pvp so I didn't go in ruining other peoples games by not knowing where the buttons were and which did what, but it would take forever to find the ai or for the ai to find me on a map because the ai isn't very advanced.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Yeah I did it once before starting any pvp so I didn't go in ruining other peoples games by not knowing where the buttons were and which did what, but it would take forever to find the ai or for the ai to find me on a map because the ai isn't very advanced.
    Never got into one of thoes bot games. Queued for 10 min and then gave up. I did a few costum games just to try out a few heroes though but they don't give you any XP at so... yeah.

Still, not at all against having bots in the game. Let people play how they like.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    There are already bots in the game. Let players fight against them if they like. Not sure what the issue is.
    There isn't any as long as any rewards (if there are any at all) earned in PvE can not be used in PvP.

I personally think it's silly to keep AI mode in the game if there is any.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    i guess im just baffled that people have 60 EUR for a game they're not even gonna really play.
    This, there are plenty of good FPS story games, why waste money on a clearly PvP game.

Obvious bait thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    There isn't any as long as any rewards (if there are any at all) earned in PvE can not be used in PvP.

I personally think it's silly to keep AI mode in the game if there is any.

- - - Updated - - -

This, there are plenty of good FPS story games, why waste money on a clearly PvP game.
    There are no real rewards in Overwatch. Unless you mean skins and colors and such but why should you not be able to earn these in PvE? You will be able to buy them with money after all, so they won't be "only from PvP".
    Again, let people play the way they want to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    There are no real rewards in Overwatch. Unless you mean skins and colors and such but why should you not be able to earn these in PvE? You will be able to buy them with money after all, so they won't be "only from PvP".
    Again, let people play the way they want to.
    If you introduce rewards, make all requirements the same effort.

Deleted
    I hate to be the guy making this statement, but these kind of mindsets are what took the MMO part out of WoW. "I sure hope that this Multiplayer-labelled game lets me do everything by myself, because you know.. >I hate playing with or against others</>I hate playing with others that are inferior to me, so basically everyone</>Insert other time-related/ego-based statement<!"

Just for starters and on-topic - no. I hope it does not give you the ability to finish up essential parts of the experience (whatever these may be in a Multiplayer Shooter.. huh) all on your own.

And this is basically the biggest problem with Blizzards Multiplayer IP's.

I confess, mostly accurate for WoW (Taking the Multiplayer experience out of an MMO is just stupid). Hearthstone is a Card Game, so the P2W model is deep entrenched here. You either buy the Campaign Wings or you grind your Gold in PvP Played matches. They payment option is part of the genre in most cases and it allows you to bypass the core multiplayer experience via cash. HotS is a MOBA, not much more to be said there.

A game in the Multiplayer section of genres, shouldn't give you paths of least resistance outside of the Multiplayer section, period. Otherwise you might as well change the game's genre to Single-Player.

Hoping that a Multiplayer Shooter doesn't force you into playing against other players, is either the most obvious trolling attempt or a sign that your brain has severe issues when it comes to deciding which genre of games fits you. In OW's case it's probably the latter, OP (and various others that may support this nonsense).

[I highly doubt this is a topic for different oppinions. Asking for a Multiplayer Game to provide Single-Player options when it comes to it's core-content/gameplay is plain idiotic and completely shits on the defining traits of said genre!]
    Last edited by mmoc7fc23bbf2a; 2016-03-23 at 06:24 PM.

If you introduce rewards, make all requirements the same effort.
    Ok? So paying for the skins and having them as rewards for PvP is ok but PvE is not?

Quote Originally Posted by NoNamedPride View Post
    Hoping that a Multiplayer Shooter doesn't force you into playing against other players, is either the most obvious trolling attempt or a sign that your brain has severe issues when it comes to deciding which genre of games fits you. In OW's case it's probably the latter, OP (and various others that may support this nonsense).

[I highly doubt this is a topic for different oppinions. Asking for a Multiplayer Game to provide Single-Player options when it comes to it's core-content/gameplay is plain idiotic and completely shits on the defining traits of said genre!]
    I can see that someone hasn't read the entire thread. First of all some people WANT to play vs Bots. Why? Many reasons, they hate PvP but want to enjoy a shooter that Blizz has put out. Another reason is that I'm sure there will be rewards in OTHER Blizz games that you have to earn through Overwatch and not everyone wants to get steamrolled by other players while being forced to grind out these rewards. Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm both had rewards you had to get for WoW for example (level 20 in Heroes and 3 wins in Hearthstone I think). The grind in Heroes was fine because there were AI games so some people I knew didn't have to get their asses kicked by other players while being forced to do the grind.

No one gives a fuck if you think this game should be PvP Multiplayer only, that is not your call to make. Some games need vs AI options because all it can do is generate more sales by having more options to play the game. Having a game with a vs AI option does N O T H I N G to your game experience of PvP. Blizz prolly realizes this (I mean look at Heroes of the Storm having the game modes it has) and that is why there will be vs AI options. So get the fuck over it.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    And really in this kind of game PVE doesn't make much sense. In a single player FPS you have an increasing difficulty curve and steadily improving character weapons/stats/whatever and an evolving storyline to follow. Here you're just fighting versus 6 bots all with the same abilities that are available to you, over and over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    you know you can play against AI like in HOTS and get loot crates and stuff like CSGO, just go to eu.battle.net click over watch and go to the news section and there sohuld be a player progression thing there

there are plenty of good FPS story games, why waste money on a clearly PvP game.
    True, but... Maybe some likes how Overwatch looks, sounds, players, etc.? If so, what's the harm in that person playing against bots?

Personally, I'd love Overwatch to have a story mode.

All I'm gathering from this thread is that games like Warframe would blow all your freakin minds.

It was a simple question and the thread just exploded with nonsense when the question was more or less-can we play against AI or not and can we get comparable rewards if there is any.

How this resulted in "WHAT WHY EVEN PLAY" I'll never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    5 vs ai is also multiplayer
    This is what I assumed the OP meant too (or e.g. 3vs3 with the empty slots filled with AI). In other words, being able to play just with and against friends.