Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    4 pic is great if you are using it (progression) but for easy bosses (first 9) it's not needed in the slightest, and can be done without even on harder bosses with good play, only boss I would say 100% use it is archi.

Yeah my gear is now 733 and I've replaced my gloves with Kilrog (crit ones), and my shoulders from Archi heroic (also with crit). during combat it's 45-50% crit and parry, high ends during weapon enchant procs etc. just comparing logs I see that my damage taken per second is much lower now, and with mythic undending hunger trinket the rage gain/procs on crits are sooo nice, not to mention the dps increase. so I think 4 piece is not worth it for most bosses, maybe like the guy above said it's ok for Archi myth. Also changed to str flask, gives around 1% extra parry, and AP of course.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hostile View Post
    Yeah my gear is now 733 and I've replaced my gloves with Kilrog (crit ones), and my shoulders from Archi heroic (also with crit). during combat it's 45-50% crit and parry, high ends during weapon enchant procs etc. just comparing logs I see that my damage taken per second is much lower now, and with mythic undending hunger trinket the rage gain/procs on crits are sooo nice, not to mention the dps increase. so I think 4 piece is not worth it for most bosses, maybe like the guy above said it's ok for Archi myth. Also changed to str flask, gives around 1% extra parry, and AP of course.
    Did you follow any of the thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

I think it's fairly obvious from a survival point of view the 4 piece is worth it, sometimes being a massive damage sponge is helping your healers a lot. Tanks die, they aren't dying because of relatively tiny marginal differences between optimal gear stats. It reminds me how dps warriors argue marginal differences between the optimal dps gearset, some of them even using excuses as to why they didn't rank well or whatever, it's silly.

A big damage sponge bonus like the 4set can save you from dying and while it's available it makes you much much harder to kill than if you were running better stats with no 4 set. On farm it doesn't matter, on progress you'd think the 4 set should be an obvious choice.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-03-23 at 08:18 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Marok View Post
    And what if you have to save ring for something else? No one is arguing that you can't survive without 4 piece. It's situational.

Here's the DPS difference between using 4 Piece and using off pieces:

Unsurprisingly, it barely makes a difference. Again, there is no reason to not use 4 piece on progression. If you can survive perfectly fine without it, then yea, use off pieces to push that little bit of extra damage. For me personally, even on farm I still use 4 piece on on Manno/Archi because it barely makes a difference in my DPS and makes a huge difference in my survivability.
    What offpeices are you using to sim for that though? You can't just take the set 4 piece stats vs some other stuff. I highly doubt that the dps gain is 57 with M Archi Shoulders, M WF reaver chest and M WF kilrogg gloves

My argument for not taking the 4 piece is that there's never a time when you're in that much danger where you'd need LS + multiple chained tier bonus barriers (some here saying you can get 4 in, but why would you ever need that) while also having 3 other major CDs and externals. Especially with valor overgearing, there shouldn't be a need for it. Before valor or pushing bosses with low ilvl early in the progression race sure it can help, but now it's not needed. If tanks are dying from not using the bonus vs using it, there's very likely some other major issue with healing or active mitigation

Also if LS is down, the tier bonus does absolutely nothing, at which the more optimal offset pieces will be doing more for mitigation even for major incoming abilities, not just normal smoothing
    Last edited by Astynax; 2016-03-23 at 04:17 PM.

I think you're missing the difference in the point a little tho Astynax.. The difference between an optimal stat selection without 4 set and the 4set is so small that it makes no difference. On the other hand the 4 set provides a significant survival bonus while it's active, it's another tool in the box.. Tools in the box are always helpful.

Of course you can do without the 4set, you can do without a lot of things using that example.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Astynax View Post
    What offpeices are you using to sim for that though? You can't just take the set 4 piece stats vs some other stuff. I highly doubt that the dps gain is 57 with M Archi Shoulders, M WF reaver chest and M WF kilrogg gloves

My argument for not taking the 4 piece is that there's never a time when you're in that much danger where you'd need LS + multiple chained tier bonus barriers (some here saying you can get 4 in, but why would you ever need that) while also having 3 other major CDs and externals. Especially with valor overgearing, there shouldn't be a need for it. Before valor or pushing bosses with low ilvl early in the progression race sure it can help, but now it's not needed. If tanks are dying from not using the bonus vs using it, there's very likely some other major issue with healing or active mitigation

Also if LS is down, the tier bonus does absolutely nothing, at which the more optimal offset pieces will be doing more for mitigation even for major incoming abilities, not just normal smoothing
    That sim was M WF Archi Shoulders, M Socketed Reaver Chest, and M Kilrogg gloves.

Here's a sim with M Archi Shoulders, M WF Reaver Chest, and M WF Kilrogg gloves:

It's a difference of 255 DPS.

There's no argument to be made for not taking 4 piece (in terms of survivability). You lose a very small amount of DPS for a significant survivability increase. Once again, yes, you can survive without 4 piece. We all know that, and like you said with proper play it's not that hard to do.

True, while Last Stand is down the 4 piece does nothing, but using "more optimal offset pieces" for survivability is barely going to make a difference. Tanking right now is all about surviving periods of burst, and 4 piece is perfect for that.