Much love for the new tab...

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    One might argue this could've been implemented from the start and should be baseline instead of a cash grab, but then again, mtx's...what can you do.

For one i doubt they could have had it implemented from the get go, given how it's just dumped into the game on it's own it's probably been a work in progress that has taken quite a while.

For seconds, how is this a cash grab? If you have enough currency that stash space is an issue then you would buy a stash tab bundle at $15
    Now rather than forking out so much you get it at $7.50.........

I like it, it's the first time since January 2012 that tab one is empty of currency

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    how is this a cash grab? If you have enough currency that stash space is an issue then you would buy a stash tab bundle at $15
    Now rather than forking out so much you get it at $7.50
    Well, obviously you can't buy 75 points, so if you have none, you'll have to buy 100. Smart, putting it there between the 50 and 100 so people will have to spend ten bucks on it. But, you are right about it not being really any more, or less, a cash grab than stash tabs are, which is why I qualified my statement with the musings about mtx's.

For one i doubt they could have had it implemented from the get go, given how it's just dumped into the game on it's own it's probably been a work in progress that has taken quite a while.
    Of course they could've come up with something like this. Or, just give each currency orb a stack size of 5000 or something. But, since more currency with small stack sizes means more stash tabs needed, which means more money on mtx's spent, then obviously it's smarter to not have had such a thing. That's how you make money on mtx's.

Well, obviously you can't buy 75 points, so if you have none, you'll have to buy 100. Smart, putting it there between the 50 and 100 so people will have to spend ten bucks on it. But, you are right about it not being really any more, or less, a cash grab than stash tabs are, which is why I qualified my statement with the musings about mtx's.

Of course they could've come up with something like this. Or, just give each currency orb a stack size of 5000 or something. But, since more currency with small stack sizes means more stash tabs needed, which means more money on mtx's spent, then obviously it's smarter to not have had such a thing. That's how you make money on mtx's.
    Actually...you can buy just 75 points, all you had to do was email support and ask and they would be glad to do that for you

15+ Year Old Account
    WTF again. Wanted to just see what was happening on Perandus, I create a character, kill Hillock, and bam, tabula rasa on my very first quest.
    Oh, hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post

Yeah it's really nice
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

Deleted
    Actually...you can buy just 75 points, all you had to do was email support and ask and they would be glad to do that for you
    So how does that work, exactly? Do you buy the 100 points and they take away 25 points and refund you the $2.50? Because, looking at the shop right now, there are 50, 100 and 200 point purchases you can choose from, and once you choose one of those, you go to the screen where you fill in your credit card information. Are you suggesting people should give their credit card information to support staff who then charge that credit card for $7.50 and give that account 75 points?

I'm confused.

So how does that work, exactly? Do you buy the 100 points and they take away 25 points and refund you the $2.50? Because, looking at the shop right now, there are 50, 100 and 200 point purchases you can choose from, and once you choose one of those, you go to the screen where you fill in your credit card information. Are you suggesting people should give their credit card information to support staff who then charge that credit card for $7.50 and give that account 75 points?

I'm confused.
    Like i said you email support and ask them if you can buy just 75 points...as simple as that, you can even get low points like 10 or 5 and they'll take payment for them, they'll tell you how it works...i doubt that you'll need to give your card details to the staff though.
    Last edited by Lagwin; 2016-03-23 at 04:33 PM.

Can anyone suggest a build that has similar clear speed as 2H RT cyclone? Played cyclone for the first time last league and enjoyed it so much I played it again this one. Finally getting a bit burnt out on it and wondering if there are any other builds that have similar clear speeds but are different than cyclone to play. I just loved the fact that you don't really have to stop at all playing cyclone. I've got 1-2ex to work with.

Or you know, they ask you to donate x $ to one of their paypal account that they use for this cases.

I sure hope that's standard league

@ Buying stuff from GGG
    They don't have the option to give them $1000 to buy a supporter unique on their web store either, yet hundreds of people have found a way to do so by contacting support. Food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I sure hope that's standard league
    It is, my Perandus one isn't as well stocked. At least not quite yet.

It is, my Perandus one isn't as well stocked. At least not quite yet.
    That's good, if you made 100+ exalts in a couple of weeks and still complained that items weren't worth anything I was going to have to have a few words.

I was actually laughing earlier with a friend about how softcore shavs are still 3 exalts, despite there being 99+ of them. The best part is that 5 link shavs are also 3 exalts. People with 1 or 2 socket shavs are still trying to sell their unique for as much as people woh have 6s/5led theirs because they just absolutely refuse to drop the price, holding hard on the myth that this item is valuable in this league. I guess some dreams never die.

Personally, I've been waiting for shavs to become a 1c unique for a long time. The item, itself, really isn't that good, as I said just a few posts ago I believe. It enables an extremely specific playstyle that also isn't actually enabled by the item - you need a lot more than a shavs to go low life and survive. You basically get all the negatives of CI without the chaos immunity and with an inferior chest, good luck have fun. I'm all for rich builds that are extremely powerful, if you recall me saying I didn't have a problem with low life rainbow discharge mjolner, but now that shavs does not enable an inherently god tier playstyle there's no reason for it to be expensive, either. It's high time people realized this. Coupled with Cadiro, the 4x drop rate buff, and the fact that other ES options have become far more attractive because of occultist and trickster, and there you go.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2016-03-23 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I'm all for rich builds that are extremely powerful, if you recall me saying I didn't have a problem with low life rainbow discharge mjolner, but now that shavs does not enable an inherently god tier playstyle there's no reason for it to be expensive, either.
    I disagree, it's the best option for going low life and the power low life grants you should be expensive with the best item for it. Solaris and broken crown are both cheap options for this play style, shav's doesn't need to be cheap as well. After all it's still a T1 unique.

Edit: Also, if it was as easy to make currency as past leagues I'd have about 50-70 exalts by now as my builds don't need anything special besides Shav's. And I'm not even a power trader, some guy posted to reddit the other day that he made 300+ ex already...using 5 tabs (so much for th eP2W argument some people toss around :P)
    Last edited by Redblade; 2016-03-23 at 10:43 PM.

I feel there are so many ways to get 'More' modifiers to abilities nowadays in Path of Exile that the place of Shavs/Low Life is no longer as elevated. Perhaps in perception but in practice it's not really worth it. A lot of other play styles offer really good output without the low life angle too.

Pain Attunement needs to buffed in some way before I take another look at the node as well.

Digging the new currency tabs though. Need one for Maps now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I feel there are so many ways to get 'More' modifiers to abilities nowadays in Path of Exile that the place of Shavs/Low Life is no longer as elevated. Perhaps in perception but in practice it's not really worth it. A lot of other play styles offer really good output without the low life angle too.
    For some builds perhaps but at the end of the day most builds can stack the newly available more modifiers with PA and make it even more powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Digging the new currency tabs though. Need one for Maps now.
    Probably won't happen as maps can have different item levels and quality, as such they are unique items and not stackable.

Probably about time to start throwing away maps lower level than you are working on, instead of hoarding every single one you find. I have barely touched map yet this season and I still have a dozen tier 8s from Zana because of the changes. Feels kind of stupid to still be hoarding tier 4s.

Started to play poe again, i havent finished normal and im already burned, i really wish we could skip cruel =/

- - - Updated - - -

also fuck that guy in the labyrinth.
    Last edited by Clrg; 2016-03-25 at 05:58 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clerigon View Post
    also fuck that in the labyrinth.
    Labyrinth is really only an issue if you want to farm the enchants you get at the end... or if you have some very specific builds (low life energy shield build for example). Checking daily reddit discussion can help too, you'll find maps and info about current lab every day.

Had some issue with normal lab when I tried it first (without even knowing what it was about, didn't help xD), then I went through the 2 other difficulty labs without any problem, single try for both.
    Oh, hi.

Made a char specific to farm the lab as low life and CI builds gets fucked in there. With my pathfinder that's life based I can ignore the traps completely as I just pot through any damage they deal.