Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dak1 View Post
    Yeah, and the OP states he was one of the people who got the invite, and he never PvPs. So it doesn't seem like it was targeted invites like when they invited every 13/13 Mythic Raider.
    I wish it was every 13/13 mythic raider

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dak1 View Post
    Yeah, and the OP states he was one of the people who got the invite, and he never PvPs. So it doesn't seem like it was targeted invites like when they invited every 13/13 Mythic Raider.

Another poster below mentioned 2 people who don't even play getting invites.

Honestly, it looks almost like the invites were selected with the intention of avoiding too much feedback, because in non-alpha PvP channels it's been a shitstorm.
    The 13/13M wave didn't only invite 13/13M players. This is likely the same, where although PvP players were targeted, they were not the only ones invited.

i got in.

battlemaster, justicar, of the alliance and grand marshal. never been over 2k in arena as i think its shit. but i have a 11 year old (est) acc. and a fuckton of REAL pvp experience
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

quick question. If you got an invite to do pvp focus testing do you still have to level? Are there max lvl toons to play with the artifacts, talents and such in place? it's be self defeating to invite pvpers who have to level up still or am i wrong?

oh yeah no beta club for me, just asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    i got in.

battlemaster, justicar, of the alliance and grand marshal. never been over 2k in arena as i think its shit. but i have a 11 year old (est) acc. and a fuckton of REAL pvp experience
    Oh yeah all that arena and rated BG shit isn't REAL. Forgot about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    i hope not, i havent been able to play on my good computer for months...
    Not sure they're targeting good PC's since Blizzard is aware that Legion will most definitely run on good PC's. I've heard (or read somewhere) someone say that they are actually targeting older PC's to check if those can actually run Legion especially on more out-of-date / incompatible components that aren't in-line with Windows 10 (or 8 or 7). Hell, they could be targeting PC's from 2008-2009.
    But then again, what I've heard could be pure bullshit.
    | i9 10850K | RTX 3080 Ti Aorus | Z490 Aorus Ultra G2 | Corsair 32GB DDR4 3600MHz | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Seagate BarraCuda 6TB | Corsair HX1000W Platinum | Cooler Master H500M

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    quick question. If you got an invite to do pvp focus testing do you still have to level? Are there max lvl toons to play with the artifacts, talents and such in place? it's be self defeating to invite pvpers who have to level up still or am i wrong?

oh yeah no beta club for me, just asking.
    The alpha PvP realm is max-level-only, PvP-only.

I highly doubt good computer increases your chances to get in. They need to test how games runs on all possible setups, so technical feedback from people playing on toasters is probably just as valuable to them as from those who got high end stuff. For example I got invited to Overwatch beta and I can't even get past tutorial because game is unplayable on my laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    I highly doubt good computer increases your chances to get in. They need to test how games runs on all possible setups, so technical feedback from people playing on toasters is probably just as valuable to them as from those who got high end stuff. For example I got invited to Overwatch beta and I can't even get past tutorial because game is unplayable on my laptop.
    This. The more average your computer the more likely you are to get an invite, even, apart from the fact there'd be a lot more people in that part of the bell curve than at the high or low ends.

They want to make sure content works on a variety of computers, particularly the most common demographic spec-wise, so it's in their best interests not to just go for whoever can play on Ultra settings with 100 FPS 100% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Octa View Post
    Oh yeah all that arena and rated BG shit isn't REAL. Forgot about that.
    I got my GM in RBG's, I consider them valid pvp. don't get your panties in a bunch just because we have varying opinions. since the day Arenas were released, it was 75% composition. for me? that's no fun. I want to play say.. ele sham/enh sham if i want to. this isn't a new issue, or is it something everyone will agree on. however it is undeniable to me, that i would have more respect for an ele sham who got to 2.2k over a warrior/rogue for example.

my point was, they are testing a new system which due to its prestige features, they want.. longtime pvpers. not somebody who may be far better than myself who rolls fotm each season, to get to 2xxx rating.. that is not a good pvper in my eyes.

opinions Ikr.
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Contrary to popular belief, in this Alpha you don't need to be anyone "special" to get an invite. There are random opt-in players along with the streamers/mythic raiders/fansite employees. It's just a relatively lower ration than the Betas.
    Yes, you do. If this were true, the same group of people wouldn't be getting in every time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    This. The more average your computer the more likely you are to get an invite, even, apart from the fact there'd be a lot more people in that part of the bell curve than at the high or low ends.

They want to make sure content works on a variety of computers, particularly the most common demographic spec-wise, so it's in their best interests not to just go for whoever can play on Ultra settings with 100 FPS 100% of the time.
    Again, untrue. I should know - my computers have been on the low end for the last several years, and I've never been invited.

it's both isn't it?

Yes you have a core of regulars, but the alpha is targetted, there are those invited for strategic /technical reasons, and a handful of possible randoms too.

I don't think I fit any category except random. I'm probably the least likely to "qualify" for an invite - except I got one. I don't think there is anything targetted or remarkable about me for this so, it must be one of hte randoms they get in.

i got in.

All that "real" PvP experience can be ground out with bot. Arena is where actual skill is measured.

Yeah, but I find it counter productive. If I only feel like playing an hour or two, i don't want to waste my time playing when it doesn't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Yes, you do. If this were true, the same group of people wouldn't be getting in every time.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, untrue. I should know - my computers have been on the low end for the last several years, and I've never been invited.
    You don't NEED to be special to get an invite. That doesn't mean special people don't get automatic invites. It means there are people who don't fall into those categories who still get invited regardless. That's why I said "along with", I wasn't saying it's purely random, just that there are randoms getting invited already without any kind of ulterior purpose.

As for the second quote, how does that disprove my statement? The pool of opt-in players is surely within the hundreds of thousands, and 'special' people or people without subscriptions can also get invites. That you personally didn't get invited to the last two betas doesn't mean they don't invite people with dated computers, it means the pool was large enough that your account never got selected.

I don't mean to sound aggressive, but do you know how arrogant "I should know, I never got invited" sounds as an argument? It's like me claiming no one wins the lottery because I don't know anyone who's won.

"More likely" doesn't equate to "essentially guaranteed".

Quote Originally Posted by jaber2 View Post
    Hi,
    I just got my alpha invite, I don't think I would be considered because I am not family or friend, I don't have a live stream of any kind, our guild didn't down Archie on mythic, but to my surprise I got an invite yesterday, yes I am kind of bragging but still want to know if anyone else got his/hers.
    its totally random
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    It includes those people but isn't limited to those people. That's why the same group of people are getting in regularly, but why it is also true that you don't need to be "special" to get an invite. Randoms are being included also.

It actually is true that unusual and low-end hardware systems are often specifically targeted for testing with invites. Blizzard themselves has said as much in the past. Obviously that doesn't mean that everyone or even most people in that situation are going to be invited, so the fact that some people in that situation haven't been invited doesn't really disprove that.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I should add, if you get in, give feedback! report bugs. even if its something you know of. I report any/all issues. it tends to get you put up their list of 'people we like' as you aren't just wanting alpha to play early. you want to improve it. I'm in Ubisoft and EA's 'preferred tester' program because of it!
    - Otto Skoernzy

Well, it's not about whether it's good or not, I think. You will increase your chances the more unique your PC set up is.
    So if your current PC is shit, that could work too :P

- - - Updated - - -

I should add, if you get in, give feedback! report bugs. even if its something you know of. I report any/all issues. it tends to get you put up their list of 'people we like' as you aren't just wanting alpha to play early. you want to improve it. I'm in Ubisoft and EA's 'preferred tester' program because of it!

I'm really curious how they handle these snowflake-lists :P
    Even if most people that get invited don't give a lot of feedback(if any), there should be a ton that do, so a lot of people to keep an eye on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I wish :/
    I've never gotten into any blizzard beta
    Mists of Pandaria was a full open beta with no restriction I thought, how did you not get into that?