Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    More legion info hopefully.

Hopefully we will get a big ass diablo drop now when both overwatch and legion is out before blizzcon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ombus View Post
    when you pre-purchase legion its clearly states that it will be avalible in a date or before that date.. so they cant pass that or would have real legal problems.. and no i am no lawyer.
    Exactly. If they release after that date they have broken a ton of laws in a lot of countries.
    I woul'd not hold my hopes up for a earlier release either tho

Quote Originally Posted by ombus View Post
    when you pre-purchase legion its clearly states that it will be avalible in a date or before that date.. so they cant pass that or would have real legal problems.. and no i am no lawyer.
    The date says expected not guaranteed. They can go past it if they want as it's a smart loophole. There is no requirement to release it on or before Sep 21st it just says EXPECTED. They can't however do the same with Overwatch now as that has a guaranteed date set in stone unless there is a really big issue that would delay it's release.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-03-23 at 04:00 PM.

I want to see a Warcraft 4 so badly, that announcement alone will make it the best Blizzcon since... the last 10 years or so. I don't even care about Blizzards other games, except some Hearthstone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    The date says expected not guaranteed. They can go past it if they want as it's a smart loophole. There is no requirement to release it on or before Sep 21st it just says EXPECTED. They can't however do the same with Overwatch now as that has a guaranteed date set in stone unless there is a really big issue that would delay it's release.
    I don't think they would release after the release date even if, like you say, they don't have any legal reason that forces them to do so. I think the expected date is here so ppl can cancel their pre-order when the date is passed, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrs View Post
    I don't think they would release after the release date even if, like you say, they don't have any legal reason that forces them to do so. I think the expected date is here so ppl can cancel their pre-order when the date is passed, maybe?
    There isn't any legal reason because like I said they were clever and put EXPECTED which in 0 way means guaranteed. But yeah I can imagine it would annoy people if they didn't. It's the same thing with wow when people think they "promise" content then throw a temper tantrum if even a tiny piece gets cut.

There isn't any legal reason because like I said they were clever and put EXPECTED which in 0 way means guaranteed. But yeah I can imagine it would annoy people if they didn't. It's the same thing with wow when people think they "promise" content then throw a temper tantrum if even a tiny piece gets cut.
    ^ this
    While this is true and LEGALLY they are not obligated due to the wording of the sentence, Blizzard has yet to ever go past their "expected" deadlines, in fact they have always been roughly ~4 weeks earlier than it. If they did go past that date, holy hell would people raise a storm, and Blizzard knows that.
    Last edited by lookatmypet; 2016-03-23 at 04:45 PM.

I should really find something worthwhile to put here now...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Legally, Blizzard isn't able to release it past September 21st. So, even if they would take 6 more months to work on Legion, it would never reach November, because it can't. Great prediction.
    Legally? Aren't you precious...

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Actually, they have been late to most their WoW related products. Some by a few months in fact. Most with missing content to achieve the release dates that they have gotten. Since these dates are not announced publicly, no one really knows the truth.

So the legality of the release date is this: it is not a binding contract, therefore you are not able to sue them since it breaks no actual laws. You can file grievance if you are a shareholder but you won't get a free copy or anything of that nature. There would just be some back end money deals that would get messed up and a whole lot of non-public ramifications. However, it is a tentative release date that most companies give out. This is the first time that Blizzard has gave one out for WoW publicly. I will be very impressed if they get it out before then, because I have faith they can do it. Also the progress with the Alpha seems to be on task from previous expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Erixi View Post
    Actually, they have been late to most their WoW related products. Some by a few months in fact. Most with missing content to achieve the release dates that they have gotten. Since these dates are not announced publicly, no one really knows the truth.

So the legality of the release date is this: it is not a binding contract, therefore you are not able to sue them since it breaks no actual laws. You can file grievance if you are a shareholder but you won't get a free copy or anything of that nature. There would just be some back end money deals that would get messed up and a whole lot of non-public ramifications. However, it is a tentative release date that most companies give out. This is the first time that Blizzard has gave one out for WoW publicly. I will be very impressed if they get it out before then, because I have faith they can do it. Also the progress with the Alpha seems to be on task from previous expansions.
    Uhm WoD was scheduled for December and came out November so no it's not the first time. Also Overwatch was scheduled for June now has a street date of May. Pretty much all of their products they've given an "expected" date on have arrived at least a month or two early. LoTV and Heroes being another two.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-03-23 at 05:52 PM.

Blizzcon?! I guess they will annonce the final release date of Legion? (Let's be honest: we are now almost In April and no sign of beta yet)
    Hoping for some Diablo love this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhm WoD was scheduled for December and came out November so no it's not the first time. Also Overwatch was scheduled for June now has a street date of May. Pretty much all of their products they've given an "expected" date on have arrived at least a month or two early. LoTV and Heroes being another two.
    WoD came out as a beta that's why it was early.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzic518 View Post
    WoD came out as a beta that's why it was early.
    Yeah but you know what I mean in the aspect of their other games. But yeah sooner we leave behind WoD the better imo but that's for another topic.

Quote Originally Posted by jadedot View Post
    Because they reverted the dates back to last year. November 6 and 7, 2015.

- - - Updated - - -

They are not clearly set till Blizzard officially announces the event.
    Look at the picture again. Clearly says 2016.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    This year's BlizzCon is gonna be boring. They have nothing serious to announce. At max another Hearthstone and Diablo addons and Warcraft Movie Sequel if it will be strong in the box-office. WoW will get nothing, Starcraft will get nothing, Overwatch will get nothing, HotS will get nothing. Meh BlizzCon.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    This year's BlizzCon is gonna be boring. They have nothing serious to announce. At max another Hearthstone and Diablo addons and Warcraft Movie Sequel if it will be strong in the box-office. WoW will get nothing, Starcraft will get nothing, Overwatch will get nothing, HotS will get nothing. Meh BlizzCon.
    Didn't realize you could see the future. Get me next weeks Lotto numbers while you are at it.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Roscoe's Chicken n Waffles-con 2016. I'll see ya there!

Quote Originally Posted by wishfulthinking View Post
    Roscoe's Chicken n Waffles-con 2016. I'll see ya there!
    I would actually go on the basis I love that stuff! Maybe throw in some ribs too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Look at the picture again. Clearly says 2016.
    The reverted post said it would be Friday, November 4 and Saturday, November 5, 2016, not November 6 and 7, 2016. Last year Blizzcon was on Nov. 6 and 7. You're combining the 2.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would actually go on the basis I love that stuff! Maybe throw in some ribs too.
    Last year I stayed at a timeshare right next to that place, and a block away from the con.
    It was devastating to my weight after going there 4-5 times. Will do again.