Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Recently I've been squelching these people and roping them back for the entire match, sometimes they concede after a couple of turns, sometimes they don't, sometimes they try to add me afterwards.

Why are you sorry for entering into a game we both agreed to play and then waste two minutes of my time? Am I supposed to think you were doing something so important that the game had to wait? Why not do that thing first and then start the game?
    Speaking for myself, i sometimes Forget to really push the end round butten and only realise that when i see the rope.
    “Dois loucos não sabiam que era impossível realizar a tarefa, decidiram então realizá-la.” Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    OP has not responded in a while, do you think we pissed him off and he is roping us?
    PssssSSSSSSHHHHHHHH

DONK
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    OP has not responded in a while, do you think we pissed him off and he is roping us?
    Pretty sure he is coming to the realization he has an extremely toxic attitude towards gaming and that nobody wants to associate with with that kind of player

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, what a load of attention whores I'm flattered. As for nmityosaurus, judging by his tone and some of his post history I don't think I want to talk to him, sounds like a kid whose mum forgot to give him his ADHD pills.

I already gave my opinion on the matter. If you rope turn one very rarely (even I've done it once or twice) then being roped back will likely not affect you very much.

Infracted for flaming
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2016-03-23 at 05:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Recently I've been squelching these people and roping them back for the entire match, sometimes they concede after a couple of turns, sometimes they don't, sometimes they try to add me afterwards.

Why are you sorry for entering into a game we both agreed to play and then waste two minutes of my time? Am I supposed to think you were doing something so important that the game had to wait? Why not do that thing first and then start the game?
    To be fair, this happens a lot to me. I'm either distracted doing something else or I completely missed the END TURN button.

I always drop a sorry that way.

Besides that, I always greet my adversary at the end of the mulligan phase.

Just seems like common courtesy.

Wow, what a load of attention whores I'm flattered. As for nmityosaurus, judging by his tone and some of his post history I don't think I want to talk to him, sounds like a kid whose mum forgot to give him his ADHD pills.

I already gave my opinion on the matter. If you rope turn one very rarely (even I've done it once or twice) then being roped back will likely not affect you very much.
    You're not helping, responding like this only reinforces the idea that you have an "extremely toxic attitude".

Deleted
    That is not even remotely what he sounded like. If anything you're just making his point for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colmadero View Post
    Besides that, I always greet my adversary at the end of the mulligan phase.

Just seems like common courtesy.
    I used to but now I squelch every time to protect my own sanity because of all the BM.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    That is not even remotely what he sounded like. If anything you're just making his point for him.
    That's because he wasn't referring to you. Talking about people in the third person on a public forum is kinda rude. You do it all the time.

There's been a couple times where my wheel of fortune just keeps spinning. After a minute I force close the app on my iPad and restart it not expecting to be in a match but suddenly I'm in and my turn is ending. For me, I prefer to be polite so I say sorry.

What's your toon name so I know I don't have to be civil with you?
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

Let's try to keep this more civil if possible, I know usually it's a bit more lenient here than other forums, but just try to make this less personal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes the game lags and is unresponsive. There are times when I rope... and I could have been done in 1 sec. I find that the "end turn" button "sticks" quite frequently.

10+ Year Old Account
    happens to everyone, i que game and go fetch a drink or something, or i watch a vid or stream and dont really pay attention. I dont say sorry tho since i dont give a fuck about your feelings, your time, or you in general, you're squelched bot on the other side of table for all i care^^

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    happens to everyone, i que game and go fetch a drink or something, or i watch a vid or stream and dont really pay attention. I dont say sorry tho since i dont give a fuck about your feelings, your time, or you in general, you're squelched bot on the other side of table for all i care^^
    Best post in this whole thread.

I've had it happen a few times where I either could have swore that I hit end turn but it didn't end my turn, or I just thought I was going second and it was his turn for whatever reason. In those rare times it happens, I say sorry to let the other person know it was an accident and won't happen again. The way you assume the other person is behaving makes me think you're nothing but a paranoid asshole.
    ಠ_ಠ

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoticehunter View Post
    I've had it happen a few times where I either could have swore that I hit end turn but it didn't end my turn, or I just thought I was going second and it was his turn for whatever reason. In those rare times it happens, I say sorry to let the other person know it was an accident and won't happen again. The way you assume the other person is behaving makes me think you're nothing but a paranoid asshole.
    I'm sure it's happened a lot of times, to a lot of people. Just did it myself today, but that's the problem with emotes; they are almost no point in using because odds are good that the person on the other side is just going to presume you're BM'ing.

The "sorry" after roping on the first turn might be the only situation when I believe someone that they actually mean what the emote says.

Sometimes people think it's the opponents turn until they realize "oh, I'M roping?!" Sometimes they join the game and the cat jumps on the desk or something

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hoticehunter View Post
    The way you assume the other person is behaving makes me think you're nothing but a paranoid asshole.
    It's Hearthstone though. Most of the time players use emotes to piss someone off or just to be super cocky when they are about to loose. The "Hello" before Flamestrike, the "Well Met" when Paladins wins all the RNG situations and so on.
    Last edited by Cromatus; 2016-03-24 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    I'm sure it's happened a lot of times, to a lot of people. Just did it myself today, but that's the problem with emotes; they are almost no point in using because odds are good that the person on the other side is just going to presume you're BM'ing.
    Would be helpful if the VA's didn't sound like they were being sarcastic with more or less every emote and character. Garrosh is obviously the worst offender but most are ambiguous and all the women sound supremely passive aggressive. I think it's only Magni that actually sounds remotely sorry when they say it.

Deleted
    So you enrage because someone might have spent his full available time to think about his move or simply might have forgotten to hit the "End turn" button, which actually happens, and then apologizes for hit?
    I guess I don't get the problem here, sorry.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Lol, how long is a turn? Yes, that's how long you both agreed to play for. Nobody wasted anyones time.
    I'm with this guy. Assuming he is roping you on purpose you queued up for a match knowing it was a possibility. It would be like getting mad at another chess player because he is using his time
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

If they say sorry it was probably an accident. What you do isn't an accident it's just trashy.