Poll: What do you think of the Ashbringers current talent tree/skills?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Agreed with kongodo...

-Wake of Ashes: Animation change to a giant ball of Holy Fire or a giant "sword laser" that cleaves its way to the target then does the holy explosion.

-Echo of the Highlord: Either make it to offer a free Holy Power consumer to follow up OR instead of mimic the action have it just empower and add extra damage % like Hand of Light and have the animation make a nice holy fire glow.

-Divine Tempest: Increases Divine Storm radius by 100% and in addition when you use Divine Storm another triggers immediately after for 50% damage. (+20% removed IF Echo of the Highlord makes a free proc happen)

-Ashes to Ashes: Crusader Strike now deals Holy Damage and has a chance to blast the enemy with Righteous Fire. OR Judgment now blasts the target with Righteous Fire.

- - - Updated - - -

Boom, fixed.

Deleted
    I just thought of the most epic Ret Paladin ability.

https://youtu.be/X3I49s3CcP8?t=56

Look at this vid of Final Fantasy Dissidia (squall) for an ability called BLASTING ZONE its about 1:00 into the vid.

For those who are lazy/unable to view it, it basically fills the sword with energy (in our case holy) covering the sword in light and making it seem larger than lifts up the blade up with two hands and shames it down hitting enemies in front for massive damage. Its done literally instantly. Could be a really cool way to bring back Final Verdict.

Another would be Rough Divide (holy charge with powered up weapon of light) that can be seen around 1:13 on the same video. Gap closer anyone?

Let me know what you think.
    Last edited by mmoc34fe5577d0; 2016-03-23 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deathtrigger View Post
    I just thought of the most epic Ret Paladin ability.

https://youtu.be/X3I49s3CcP8?t=56

Look at this vid of Final Fantasy Dissidia (squall) for an ability called BLASTING ZONE its about 1:00 into the vid.

For those who are lazy/unable to view it, it basically fills the sword with energy (in our case holy) covering the sword in light and making it seem larger than lifts up the blade up with two hands and shames it down hitting enemies in front for massive damage. Its done literally instantly. Could be a really cool way to bring back Final Verdict.

Another would be Rough Divide (holy charge with powered up weapon of light) that can be seen around 1:13 on the same video. Gap closer anyone?

Let me know what you think.
    Was waiting for you to refereceive Squall at some point XD

But yes, bad ass mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulthane View Post

Getsuga, Getsuga!
    ^_^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ulthane View Post

Getsuga, Getsuga!
    ^_^

Oh my god: reference

Stupid auto fail on phone

- - - Updated - - -

Nvm change EotH: Your Holy Power consumers grant strength for 15 to 20 seconds and causes your attacks to deal Holy Damage. Grants 5% Holy damage per stack up to 3.

Deleted
    Does anyone else get the bad feeling that blizard is gonna leave it like this with Ashbringer being known for its deadly ability to make loads and loads of mini versions of itself strike your opponent and make no difference to the paladin him/herself?

It actually makes me sick to think this would be the case. The Ashbringer is superposed to feel as if it is one with the paladin (thats how it was for morgraine) and its energy should run through you. This actually makes me mad and severely let down.

Deleted
    Does anyone else get the bad feeling that blizard is gonna leave it like this with Ashbringer being known for its deadly ability to make loads and loads of mini versions of itself strike your opponent and make no difference to the paladin him/herself?

It actually makes me sick to think this would be the case. The Ashbringer is superposed to feel as if it is one with the paladin (thats how it was for morgraine) and its energy should run through you. This actually makes me mad and severely let down.
    Considering the way they approach ret in general , I wouldnt be surprised at all, if they did leave it the way it is. Some tweaks here and there , but thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by Enril View Post
    Considering the way they approach ret in general , I wouldnt be surprised at all, if they did leave it the way it is. Some tweaks here and there , but thats it.
    par for the course 12 years and counting

You are the hero commander here's your Ashbringer of Participation

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Getsuga, Getsuga!
    ^_^

- - - Updated - - -

Getsuga, Getsuga!
    ^_^
    Paladins are holy Warrior of the Light. So stuff like Kirchenlied Sankt Zwinger or Sankt Altar would be cooler.

Also, every ability of the Paladin should get a german name.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Paladins are holy Warrior of the Light. So stuff like Kirchenlied Sankt Zwinger or Sankt Altar would be cooler.

Also, every ability of the Paladin should get a german name.
    Licht Regen ?)

iam quite fine with it and think the talents work out quite well for the paladin dps cycle and system setup.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    iam quite fine with it and think the talents work out quite well for the paladin dps cycle and system setup.
    Were talking about it fulfilling its fantasy. Not its functionality.

Hmmm well aesthetics wise, Light colored flaming constructs shaped like the blade that blur past would be better than small versions of the physical ashbringer.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2016-03-29 at 12:29 PM.

ara ara ara~

tinyurl.com/LegionSpoilerDKQuestPaladin

Were talking about it fulfilling its fantasy. Not its functionality.
    Looks like we got the blade beam thing lol

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Getsuga, Getsuga!
    ^_^

- - - Updated - - -

Getsuga, Getsuga!
    ^_^
    I'm closer to the "Excalibur-esque" style for a Paladin though rather than the "Fang of the moon".

(1:19 for the lazy)

or

(11:28)

Last edited by nmarg85; 2016-04-01 at 05:02 AM.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by nmarg85 View Post
    I'm closer to the "Excalibur-esque" style for a Paladin though rather than the "Fang of the moon".

(1:19 for the lazy)

Saber is a paladin thats why shes my favorite ;D

now if i could do beast dps with a one handed sword i be good i think

For me i think ashbringer should summon holy novas and concencration around the paladin=P I would like a holy aura of light to that burns demons and undead=P Retri aura!