Thread: Stop the Prune!

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Sad that you think you're a good player.
    atleast im able to read and understand.. and that makes me a better player.. cause ATLEAST I KNOW FOR A FACT that good players(including myself) were always switching between mage armors, lock armors, priest wills, deathknight presenses, warrior stances, using different curses on different targets to gain an advantage..

im having hard time believing that you ever played arenas and even if you did i KNOW FOR A FACT that you were never above 1500..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    atleast im able to read and understand.. and that makes me a better player.. cause ATLEAST I KNOW FOR A FACT that good players(including myself) were always switching between mage armors, lock armors, priest wills, deathknight presenses, warrior stances, using different curses on different targets to gain an advantage..

im having hard time to believe that you ever played arenas and even if you did i KNOW FOR A FACT that you were never above 1500..
    Yes, your mastery of the English language is staggering.

You heard it here first folks. Buff switching separated the men from the boys. It's amazing we have any sort of competition at all anymore with such crucial deciding factors such as buff switching.

The fact that you throw curses, armor buffs, and stance switching all in the same category speaks volumes.

Intent. End of story. If users/players are using something outside of its intended use its worth taking a look at, no matter what form that takes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuesdays View Post
    No its called a hard counter, in almost any scenario you are fucked, presuming equal skill levels.

FotM ring any bells?
    It's not a hardcounter. Getting mana burned? Move the fuck to LoS. Getting MC'd? LoS/Silence/interupt. Spellreflect/massreflect? Use an instant filler spell like icelance, corruption. Pet get taunted? Press petattack! Dark Sim? Keep an out for it and don't cast game breaking stuff while it's up. Decurse? Not even... a hard counter is something like silence or disarm, that's a hardcounter spell.

Yes, your mastery of the English language is staggering.

You heard it here first folks. Buff switching separated the men from the boys. It's amazing we have any sort of competition at all anymore with such crucial deciding factors such as buff switching.

The fact that you throw curses, armor buffs, and stance switching all in the same category speaks volumes.

Intent. End of story. If users/players are using something outside of its intended use its worth taking a look at, no matter what form that takes.
    Attacking some ones grammar means you only lost the argument m8!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deshi View Post
    Attacking some ones grammar means you only lost the argument m8!
    First off, he has failed to address any of my points regarding design intent, or player usage. His only response has been l2read.

I am on the side of the developers. So whether its the right decision, or the wrong decision, I win.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Excuse me duration... not CD. (I misspoke) Why have a 30-60 minute duration on a buff, if the intent isn't for you to cast it and forget about it. It seems like if they intended you to be switching frequently it would have been on a much shorter duration.

You can't read sir:

(1) Wasn't intent
    (2) Switching didn't make them good... there was a better/best choice. If that's how you played, you are/were bad. End of story.

I am on the side of Blizzard... more pruning is necessary. Unfortunately for you, I am also on the winning side, because that is what happens.

G'day!
    You just dug your hole with that statement. Clearly you never played arena in BC, buff spells were important to maintain as debuff fodder to keep your important buffs from getting purged. You had different armor spells to use against certain comps, using the correct one was crucial to success.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    You just dug your hole with that statement. Clearly you never played arena in BC, buff spells were important to maintain as debuff fodder to keep your important buffs from getting purged. You had different armor spells to use against certain comps, using the correct one was crucial to success.
    Its not even remotely the same thing. Reapplying a buff after it has been dispelled or purged is not the same as continuously switching between buffs for dual benefit.

I am on the side of the developers. So whether its the right decision, or the wrong decision, I win.

you should've said that from the beginning but instead you were talking about stuff you know NOTHING ABOUT

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    More abilities = classes become more homogenized as they all get more similar abilities. Pruning = more unique.

Quantity != quality.

Less is more.
    Ya man that grounding totem was given to everyone, more pruning! i still have a cd or two left.

Its horrible, its a pve rotation on repeat, situational awareness abilities is at an all time low to the point they don't even exist

10+ Year Old Account
    you should've said that from the beginning but instead you were talking about stuff you know NOTHING ABOUT
    There you go again with the smoke screens. Try and formulate a response to key points or don't bother responding.

Playing dumb and/or ignoring the argument altogether doesn't really help your case.

But its clear the only people posting here want to have a pity party about the "good ol' days" so I'll leave you to it.

Good players learn to adapt. Bad ones make posts about irrelevant shit from 8 years ago. If ability pruning has caused you to leave the game or is preventing you from coming back, then I'd say its a job well done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sosoulsu View Post
    Ability pruning is the reason I quit WoD.
    I was going to return in Legion until I saw that they're continuing down that same line.

I like some spec redesigns, but the overall direction of class/spec design in the game is not appealing to me. They claim changes are done to promote class identity, but all I'm seeing is removal of core abilities and overall reduction of hotbar space.

It's just kinda shit.
    WoD's ability pruning was a lie anyway, they added as much abilities as they removed

Deleted
    Its not even remotely the same thing. Reapplying a buff after it has been dispelled or purged is not the same as continuously switching between buffs for dual benefit.
    You obviously don't play PvP at a high enough level to grasp the impact of prunning. A healer who rebuffs you just before they are about to go (split cc go ham) can either save your life or force the enemy team to use globals to dispel you, globals that could have been used for for dmg, more control etc.

I actually enjoyed when shouts were shorter durations (5 min) it was something u had to be aware of, so many times i faced Warriors in arena who didnt rebuff and lost because lack of dmg/hp. It's small things like this that can make a difference. Spell reflection Clone/hoj can turn games around, good thing thats gone huh? Keep hitting that Pve rotation son.

These non-damage abilties are your "play" abilties which you use in certain circumstances to prevent pressure, increase your pressure, save your teamates, such as SR, Safeguard/Vigi blitz Charge probably the best. You know what all these abilties have incommon they are non-damage abilties which decides games.

Have you played Arms on beta? It's a glass cannon, you need a healer to even play the game as Arms (my favorite specc) Gone are the days when you could beat anyclass 1v1 out in the world with SnB gameplay/tankinezz. They call it specc fantasy the way i see it Warriors were perfect atleast Arms and Prot which i played in Wotlk. Compare Arms WOTLK to Arms legion it's a different game.

#stoptheprune

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitehatter View Post
    if i wanted to press 2-3 buttons max id play arcane!

i play a feral druid and one of the reasons why, was the complexity of the dps rotation and because theres alot more we can do with our spell book

simple is boring,

no to more pruning!
    6 button rotation 5 if you didn't take Lunar Inspiration and 2 buffs to keep up............wow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nevene View Post
    WoD's ability pruning was a lie anyway, they added as much abilities as they removed
    Not to mention sure they are taking away some abilities but they are adding more in the artifact weapon.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    6 button rotation 5 if you didn't take Lunar Inspiration and 2 buffs to keep up............wow.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention sure they are taking away some abilities but they are adding more in the artifact weapon.
    This proves that half of the people dont even know why they are arguing against the prune. Stupid.

I agree, that the oversimplifying of specs will lead into a not so fun gameplay.

#PrunningWillKillWoW

Quote Originally Posted by Aion20 View Post
    This proves that half of the people dont even know why they are arguing against the prune. Stupid.

ye, atleast we know that every artifact ADDS JUST ONE ability..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezminion View Post
    I agree, that the oversimplifying of specs will lead into a not so fun gameplay.

#PrunningWillKillWoW
    You are a disgrace to your avatar.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

You are a disgrace to your avatar.
    Such a constructive post, mind elaborate on that a little bit?

10+ Year Old Account
    ye, atleast we know that every artifact ADDS JUST ONE ability..
    So they remove crap abilities (for the most part) and add in a useful one or get this.........they RENAME an ability and combine it with another one because it was only VERY situational! HOLY SHIT!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dezminion View Post
    Such a constructive post, mind elaborate on that a little bit?
    Sure, House is logical you are not, people have been doomsaying WoW forever, hell they said ability pruning (not prunning) in WOD would kill WoW, if anything the ability pruning will help seeing as you won't need to read a damn novel just to know how to play your class.

So they remove crap abilities (for the most part) and add in a useful one or get this.........they RENAME an ability and combine it with another one because it was only VERY situational! HOLY SHIT!

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, House is logical you are not, people have been doomsaying WoW forever, hell they said ability pruning (not prunning) in WOD would kill WoW, if anything the ability pruning will help seeing as you won't need to read a damn novel just to know how to play your class.

so name a crap ability that got removed or name renamed ability in which they combined two old abilities??