10+ Year Old Account

Unhappy My current WoW conundrum

Hello MMO-C, ever since my time in WoD I've had a real struggle with general burn out. I was in a decent guild on my favorite (no sarcasm) realm Emerald Dream (US). However, I just couldn't seem to stay for a full tier. I didn't socially mesh too well with the guild (probably the biggest culprit). I had some laughs and good times with them but those were few and far between and I didn't really agree with how people did things overall more so than any guild I had ever been in.

I managed to fumble through various tiers in WoD, getting to about 9/13 Mythic HFC 5-6 months ago before I had to just stop. I can't just purely raid. Everyone in my guild felt like 'career raiders' -- Hop on at raid time, do the raid, log off never to be seen again until the next scheduled raid time. There were very, very few people that did anything extracurricular and typically those people already had their groups for w/e (CMs, PvP, etc..) set in stone. I just can't do that. If I could I would plop myself on a PvE realm and do exactly that at a better pace of progression.

Mythic raiding is great, it's challenging and fun and it gives that sweet, sweet gear. I love progression and I love gear. Gear enables me to feel stronger and gives progressing some extra motivation and 'oomf' for finally overcoming a hurdle. One of my favorite things in WoW is having a challenge at the start of an expansion (dungeons, raids, etc...) and then coming back near the end of the expansion with crazy gear and smashing that challenge for fun. I love being able to give people a hand (for free) in their 5 mans (n/h/m), old raids, whatever. I enjoy helping people when I have stupid high gear for the content. That motivates me almost more than the fun of progressing.

That being said, I also love doing things outside of raiding, especially with guildies that I mesh well with. I've been fortunate in the past to have been in some guilds that have really been a lot of fun. Filled with people that joke the way I do, etc.. and that actually do things TOGETHER outside of raid times (guild achieves, cms, farming, whatever). I got so desperate for those old feels and the lack of 'community' feeling that I dropped my beloved home realm (WOTLK->WoD) and moved to Moon Guard (US). Emerald Dream used to be a beautiful realm, full of RP, PvP/Anti-RP PvP griefers, World PvP fueled by the aforementioned groups and actual decent raiding too. After Cata and especially MoP that all really died on ED and made things boring.

On Moon Guard I actually started to enjoy myself more. There were people all over the place, RPers permeating the places most people just wouldn't go because they had no real reason to. The game felt more alive. I even dabbled into some RP again, which I hadn't done since WOTLK. It was pretty great. However, with Legion drawing closer I found myself needing to find a raiding spot in preparation for the new expansion. So I joined the top alliance raiding guild. Cool. Literally the day that I joined half of the mythic team left the guild citing the desire for stronger progression. Once those people left 90% of the other mythic raiders did the same, leaving me in a guild that can only do heroic mode aka old normal

Which leads me to the conundrum: I love to raid but I need more than that to enjoy my time in WoW. I only really have on character that I've played 75% of my time in the game as I'm not much for alts (though lately I've rediscovered my love for prot warrior and am giving rogue a fair shake and almost want to swap mains). A lot of people seem to have a pure raiding character on a PvE realm and then spend the rest of their time on a realm like Moon Guard but I want to have my cake and eat it too.

TL;DR -- I want some seemingly impossible combination of full tier clear progression with people that I mesh well with (objective I know) while being on a server that is actually more than just sitting in Stormwind/Orgrimmar online.

I didn't expect to tap out so much on this subject but I did my best to keep it as trimmed down as possible while conveying my dilemma/conundrum.
    Last edited by Supakaiser; 2016-03-23 at 08:27 PM.
    Tired of ElvUI and its various clones?

Try one of these:

Altz UI
    // RealUI // KaitUI // ls: UI

Not to be rude but this isn't the right area for guild searching. There's a section specifically for that.

Signature Created by Jassinta

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Not to be rude but this isn't the right area for guild searching. There's a section specifically for that.
    Sorry, I didn't consider it a pure "lf guild" kind of post but in some ways it is I suppose.
    Tired of ElvUI and its various clones?

Try one of these:

Altz UI
    // RealUI // KaitUI // ls: UI

Quote Originally Posted by Supakaiser View Post
    Sorry, I didn't consider it a pure "lf guild" kind of post but in some ways it is I suppose.
    True. I read it all and to be fair I'm not even sure what you want. It just seems like a rant about your life playing WoW then a "where can I get all these things" tossed in at the end.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Deleted
    You came to the wrong place if you're expecting helpful advice and/or empathy/compassion lol

just saying...

I think we may have the guild for you then. The guild was formed around the start of Wrath and we have been raiding together ever since never missing a single tier and usually clearing at least 80 percent of the highest difficulty, if not 100 percent. We only raid two nights a week, being Tuesday and Wednesday. Invites start at 630 est, 7 est is first pull, and 11 est is final pull.
    Currently 11/13, with 7 percent wipe on Mannoroth last night!

The thing I always tell people who join this guild though is that they should want to join the GUILD not just the raid team.
    As I said, 7 years together is no small task and we have been through all manner of situation, which has made us quite well knit.
    A good 10-15 people have been here since the beginning and into Cata, and all the current officers have been here since day one the guild was made.

We are adults who favor each other's company more than we favor the game at this point, and the relationships we have built simultaneously transcend WoW and make it impossibly fun to continue playing even this long into its life cycle.

Typically, we do a lot of stuff on off nights like CMs and alt runs, as well as leveling toons together, achievements, or even other games.

If you are looking for a group of friends and not just a raid team I think you'd fit in pretty well.

What do you say? We are Horde though, so Idk if that matters to you at this point.
    Let me know if you'd like to talk more.
    You can add me
    Metrolol#1195
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    I think we may have the guild for you then. The guild was formed around the start of Wrath and we have been raiding together ever since never missing a single tier and usually clearing at least 80 percent of the highest difficulty, if not 100 percent. We only raid two nights a week, being Tuesday and Wednesday. Invites start at 630 est, 7 est is first pull, and 11 est is final pull.
    Currently 11/13, with 7 percent wipe on Mannoroth last night!

The thing I always tell people who join this guild though is that they should want to join the GUILD not just the raid team.
    As I said, 7 years together is no small task and we have been through all manner of situation, which has made us quite well knit.
    A good 10-15 people have been here since the beginning and into Cata, and all the current officers have been here since day one the guild was made.

We are adults who favor each other's company more than we favor the game at this point, and the relationships we have built simultaneously transcend WoW and make it impossibly fun to continue playing even this long into its life cycle.

Typically, we do a lot of stuff on off nights like CMs and alt runs, as well as leveling toons together, achievements, or even other games.

If you are looking for a group of friends and not just a raid team I think you'd fit in pretty well.

What do you say? We are Horde though, so Idk if that matters to you at this point.
    Let me know if you'd like to talk more.
    You can add me
    Metrolol#1195
    That sounds pretty promising. What realm are you on?

10+ Year Old Account
    Please use our guild recruitment forums.