Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Il'gynoth, The Heart of Corruption

Haven't seen anyone talk about Il'gynoth.

http://legion.wowhead.com/npc=105393/ilgynoth

He looks so creepy and disgusting. The music definitely ups the creep factor.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shadows gather when the raven swallows the day. Burning sky is extinguished as black wings fold gently about the heavens. Rest, my children, rest. For even the sun must sleep. (Source)

Looks very Lovecraft.

7+ Year Old Account
    that nightmare tree heart thing looks disgusting as fck.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Precious babby.

I'm down with tentacles that don't just end in tentacle tips - eyeballs and maws are good additions. Hands next, please!

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Precious babby.

I'm down with tentacles that don't just end in tentacle tips - eyeballs and maws are good additions. Hands next, please!
    I think that a tentacle ending on a single giant finger would have a nicer creeping effect, for some reason

Quote Originally Posted by Howling Wind View Post
    He looks so creepy and disgusting. The music definitely ups the creep factor.
    Music is from AQ40 in case you're wondering.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Ah AQ, I missed your music.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Looks very SoO-y. But yeah, it's pretty neat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    "The drums, the drums, the never-ending drumbeat - open me, you human fool. Open the light and summon me and receive my majesty."

Shurnab, shurnab, Ny'alotha!
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    So presumably, based on its name, Il'gynoth is the source of the Nightmare - the first spark that the Old Gods (Yogg-Saron according to the chronicle) placed within the Emerald Dream to begin corrupting it.

Given that it has a name, it seems like the Nightmare has taken on its own awareness and consciousness, and isn't just an unthinking force of corruption controlled purely by the Old Gods. But it most likely holds some loyalty to them - or just N'Zoth at this point, since it's the only one left.

I'm really looking forwards to the story leading up to dealing with this beast, and the dialogue during the battle - it might provide us with some insight into N'Zoth's plans, and maybe even hint at an encounter with N'Zoth this expansion. Xavius appears to have thrown in with the Legion, but the Legion wants to destroy Azeroth and N'Zoth almost certainly won't want that, since N'Zoth's whole purpose is to corrupt the living Titan within Azeroth.

How crazy would it be if N'Zoth winds up actually joining forces with Azeroth's defenders against the Legion?

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I think that a tentacle ending on a single giant finger would have a nicer creeping effect, for some reason
    At first when I read this, I thought 'did... did he just say tentacles should flip me off...?' But when I pictured it, a huge gross curling finger-tentacle with a giant gnarled dirty talon on the tip would actually be pretty awesome. It's like... imagine the hands its coming from.

Also, it could totally flip people off.

Reminds me of resident evil 2, dr birkin. Like what his heart would look like if it got shot off.

- snip -
    RE: N'zoth and us against the Legion.

After reading chronicles it seems plausible.

That does remind me of some leaked spoilers that seemed fake which mentioned something along those lines. I.E us losing the battle and being helped by faceless ones and the like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleific View Post
    RE: N'zoth and us against the Legion.

After reading chronicles it seems plausible.

That does remind me of some leaked spoilers that seemed fake which mentioned something along those lines. I.E us losing the battle and being helped by faceless ones and the like.
    Whoa, no waaiii~ That'd be awesome if it actually happens. I always liked the idea of N'Zoth being not the most powerful but the most cunning and insidious of the Old Gods. It could straight up tell us "I'm planning to kill you all and corrupt your world, but I can't do that if the Legion wins, and neither of us can beat them without help. Let's do a team-up."

- snip -
    Like I said, it was one of those threads. Would be different, but would also lead into an Old God xpac which seems to be how blizz likes doing things these days.

Like us releasing Gul'dan at the start of WoD, us co-operating with N'zoth could lead into the new xpac or atleast the next raid tier lol.

So presumably, based on its name, Il'gynoth is the source of the Nightmare - the first spark that the Old Gods (Yogg-Saron according to the chronicle) placed within the Emerald Dream to begin corrupting it.

Given that it has a name, it seems like the Nightmare has taken on its own awareness and consciousness, and isn't just an unthinking force of corruption controlled purely by the Old Gods. But it most likely holds some loyalty to them - or just N'Zoth at this point, since it's the only one left.

I'm really looking forwards to the story leading up to dealing with this beast, and the dialogue during the battle - it might provide us with some insight into N'Zoth's plans, and maybe even hint at an encounter with N'Zoth this expansion. Xavius appears to have thrown in with the Legion, but the Legion wants to destroy Azeroth and N'Zoth almost certainly won't want that, since N'Zoth's whole purpose is to corrupt the living Titan within Azeroth.

How crazy would it be if N'Zoth winds up actually joining forces with Azeroth's defenders against the Legion?

At first when I read this, I thought 'did... did he just say tentacles should flip me off...?' But when I pictured it, a huge gross curling finger-tentacle with a giant gnarled dirty talon on the tip would actually be pretty awesome. It's like... imagine the hands its coming from.

Also, it could totally flip people off.
    The only problem I see with that is that during the War of the Ancients, the Old Gods wanted Azeroth to lose since the Legion's sundering would free the Old Gods from their prisons.

Otherwise, it'd be a pretty neat ending and would make sense as an enemy of my enemy situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Like I said, it was one of those threads. Would be different, but would also lead into an Old God xpac which seems to be how blizz likes doing things these days.

Like us releasing Gul'dan at the start of WoD, us co-operating with N'zoth could lead into the new xpac or atleast the next raid tier lol.
    As long as Azshara is a mid tier/first tier boss or dies in a quest(I mean hell look at some of the massive lore characters dying in quests in legion Ysera) She doesn't deserve to be in the final raid.

10+ Year Old Account

You're right! Graaah, I hope that happens now. Will be disappoint if no!

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    The only problem I see with that is that during the War of the Ancients, the Old Gods wanted Azeroth to lose since the Legion's sundering would free the Old Gods from their prisons.

Otherwise, it'd be a pretty neat ending and would make sense as an enemy of my enemy situation.
    I think a lot of that story might be non-canon now, or maybe just the motivations of the Old Gods. The idea was that the portal that brought Sargeras would be hijacked by the Old Gods to escape their prisons, and they then planned to destroy Sargeras - the books even said that the Old Gods together would destroy him. That's definitely non-canon now, since Sargeras is way more powerful than a world full of them. Maybe they intended to use the demon portal to escape and then close it before Sargeras could come through? In light of the new lore from Chronicle, N'Zoth probably won't want the world destroyed anymore, even if that would free it.

10/10 would bang
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Nothing impressive really.