Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I answered your question. Not my problem if you can't understand the answer.
    No you didn't. You stated several times that Canada should focus on its own people and why are they taking in refugees.
    By that logic you would have Turkey and Lebanon close their borders to millions of refugees.
    @breadisfunny what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    pretty sure borderline genocide isn't a first world problem.
    You aren't committing it, so you shouldn't care, IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    I want to help my fellow man. But to each their own at least you wanna help.
    Go to Syria or wherever and help people there, your "help" doesn't help Syria to stabilise.

Deleted
    Now they just have to raise their dollar and stop using their military bases as holiday inns.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you have homeless, no. Don't help with all those. If you're constantly spending all this money, sending all these resources everywhere else, where does the money and resources come from to take care of your Own people? How are your Own people somehow less of a prosperity then some refugees? Why is it ok to let those people in your own country be homeless?

i am not saying to take care of them 100%. However, having the bare minimum, like at least a shelter they can stay in, should be more of a priority then bringing in more homeless people from another country.

http://homelesshub.ca/about-homeless...omeless-canada

I. Staying in Emergency Homelessness Shelters (14,400). There are approximately 15,467 permanent shelter beds, and in 2009 an average of 14,400 were occupied (Segaert, 2012:27)
    Interesting. More beds than people to occupy in Canada for the homeless.

II. Staying in Violence Against Women shelters (7,350). In 2010, there were 9,961 beds for women and children fleeing violence and abuse. This includes not only emergency shelters, but also transitional and second stage housing. In a Point in Time count on April 15, 2010, 7,362 beds were occupied by women and children
    Same for women.

I thought the expert Zantos said that they didn't even have anywhere to stay? Turns out the issue isn't something you just throw money at to solve eh? Might want to brush up on what causes homelessness and how to fix the underlying causes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Interesting. More beds than people to occupy in Canada for the homeless.

Same for women.

I thought the expert Zantos said that they didn't even have anywhere to stay? Turns out the issue isn't something you just throw money at to solve eh? Might want to brush up on what causes homelessness and how to fix the underlying causes.
    Look at the more recent links bladeXcrasher posted. Your poverty rate has remained above double digits since 1992. Certainly not making any difference with helping your people.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at the more recent links bladeXcrasher posted. Your poverty rate has remained above double digits since 1992. Certainly not making any difference with helping your people.
    Our refugee policy isn't the problem there. It's the tax code. Big difference son.

Our refugee policy isn't the problem there. It's the tax code. Big difference son.
    So you're able to help the refugees for free and without spending resources that could be allocated elsewhere, like towards your poor?

I mean, if its free, go for it. Obviously since at that rate the money isn't an issue to discuss since it would no longer be about sending it to your own or spending it on refugees.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

7+ Year Old Account
    Wrong. We can handle both.
    Wrong, you can't, and the past 2 decades are proof. But please continue ignoring the facts and posting your trolling feel good threads while contradicting yourself on your 'views'. I expect nothing less from you.

Deleted
    Canada can only learn by going through the same experiences as we in Europe have had for the last decades.

Let's see how naive they will still be a few years from now.

If Canada likes them so much then the USA pledges to continue bombing the shit out of them to keep the self esteem machine up in Canada rolling in with a fresh supply of refugees. Our war machine will abuse them in the Middle East and you guys in the north can consume them for your pride. Symbiotic relations have never been more apparent. I love our northern ally.

Cool. Can Canada take those refugees that EU tries to force Poland to take? We will be grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Canada can only learn by going through the same experiences as we in Europe have had for the last decades.

The difference is, they are cherry picking their refugees. Europe gets the whole flood without much of a chance to pick the "best" ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    You're getting this number from where?
    400,000 is about 10% of 4.2 million.

I really don't have much faith in the UN. How you looked at the countries on the human rights committee?!?!?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post

And then they'll have the US bail them out because their problem will be come our problem. It's nice having a big brother to the south isn't it Canada?

The UN is a bunch of leftist idealistic hippies. Just another of those useless organizations that doesn't really have a right to exist anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Wrong, you can't, and the past 2 decades are proof. But please continue ignoring the facts and posting your trolling feel good threads while contradicting yourself on your 'views'. I expect nothing less from you.
    Reputation matters
    The best business people choose to do business in Canada because of its reputation.
    We attract some of the smartest and most accomplished immigrants thanks to our reputation as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Reputation matters
    The best business people choose to do business in Canada because of its reputation.
    We attract some of the smartest and most accomplished immigrants thanks to our reputation as well.
    Sounds like you embrace your reputation of neglect of your citizens, wonderful stuff.

At least this gets Canada in the top 10 for business though right?
    Last edited by bladeXcrasher; 2016-03-24 at 06:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like you embrace your reputation of neglect of your citizens, wonderful stuff.
    How so? Do we not have healthcare for all? Already ahead of a lot of countries

7+ Year Old Account
    How so? Do we not have healthcare for all? Already ahead of a lot of countries
    So healthcare for all absolves the sins of the country that leave 14% of the people in poverty? Sounds like a swell deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    So healthcare for all absolves the sins of the country that leave 14% of the people in poverty? Sounds like a swell deal.
    Is there any country without people with poverty?
    A country comparable in size to Canada that is?

...and then are slowly chased off by regressive taxation increases.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.