Page 41 of 102 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    ive said it for years ever since eisenberg got big from zombieland that hes basically a poor mans michael cera
    Don't know if I agree with that, Cera isn't the one with an Oscar nom to his name. Interestingly, he's voicing Robin in The Lego Batman movie.

i liked lex in the movie, but thats mostly because i never cared much for lex luthor anyways. people that like traditional lex will most likely hate him, general audiences will probably dislike him too as they expect the lex from the 90s series and the old movies
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

i liked lex in the movie, but thats mostly because i never cared much for lex luthor anyways. people that like traditional lex will most likely hate him, general audiences will probably dislike him too as they expect the lex from the 90s series and the old movies
    Have you watched it now, or just basing it on the summary?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Don't know if I agree with that, Cera isn't the one with an Oscar nom to his name. Interestingly, he's voicing Robin in The Lego Batman movie.
    well, michael cera started doing weird indie shit (not a complaint i love weird indie shit) and kind of didnt take alot of offers for big movies, he only really does stuff that he likes or if his friends ask him.

hes also a super cool dude.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Assuming he's speaking of The Dark Knight Trilogy, it also made 2.4 billion, not 1.1 billion.
    Which brings me back to the point I brought up which was quoted. DC's only success in cinema comes from one costume. Man of Steel was panned by critics, this is currently being panned by critics. I really find it unfair to the consumer that a movie's "success" is how much money it makes on opening weekend, a shrewd business man who sells a crappy car for the price of a new one doesn't make the car any better.

Thus my comment, "If Suicide Squad is a flop, DC proves its only successful movies are Batman".

10+ Year Old Account
    Just saw the review for my (personally) most trusted critic and overall movie fan.

So yeah the movie could be a mess, but I'll watch it. One thing that is insane to me, and I don't see that going well with fans, Batman KILLING? THE FUCK?
    Last edited by Shampro; 2016-03-24 at 02:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Just saw the review for my (personally) most trusted critic and overall movie fan.

So yeah the movie could be a mess, but I'll watch it. One thing that is insane to me, and I don't see that going well with fans, Batman KILLING? THE FUCK?
    Jesus christ, Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman have killed people. Like, what makes people think that they haven't?

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Critics had me worried (I'm normally pretty critical) but i liked it. It's by no means a perfect film, but still worth watching at the movies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Jesus christ, Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman have killed people. Like, what makes people think that they haven't?
    the source material aka the comics that what was allways the difference between dc vs marvel. dc had these shinning heroes who dont kill vs marvels heroes who are more in a grey area and do kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    the source material aka the comics that what was allways the difference between dc vs marvel. dc had these shinning heroes who dont kill vs marvels heroes who are more in a grey area and do kill.
    batman has killed plenty of times, superman yeah hes almost never killed and i agree, but batman? hes killed enough times that its not that big of a deal.

and really hes not just straight up shooting dudes in the face or snapping their necks. hes not directly killing.

if you like the arkham games you have no right to complain as batman kills pretty much everyone in that game (or atleast, if they were real theyd die of internal bleeding later on)

hes not like season 1 arrow going around chucking arrows in peoples guts and shit.

- - - Updated - - -

and also, its not like this is a normal batman, this is a batman whos sidekick got beaten to death and since has basically been on his own, hes kind of losing his shit in this movie and its only at the very end of the movie that batman realizes hes gone fucking bananas. in the course of one movie batman goes from a guy branding criminals and wanting to kill superman to the guy forming the justice league.

and frankly theres been much worse versions of batman in the comic, bruce wayne is a shitty dude, and hes a shitty fucked up father to a bunch of somewhat less shitty adopted children, and depending on the version a massive addict.

- - - Updated - - -

i really hope this isnt what the flash movie will be like

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like this movie is less Dawn of Justice and more bow down to the bat-god. makes me afraid for the Wonder Woman movie. If they bring in the murdering, raping version of the Amazons from the New 52 things won't go well.

Batfleck was the great.
    Last edited by tangocash; 2016-03-26 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamshi View Post
    Terrible, terrible film. This is a slap in the face to anyone that has ever read a Superman, Batman or Justice League comic. WB/DC should be ashamed of themselves, I guess money is everything. Sad day!
    Why is that exactly, there were some points that were taken directly from the comics? Most people here or in other reviews can only say "omg it's so bad, bad bad bad", and yet dont give any explanation for why they think it's so bad.

Because I would have to spoil the shit out of the film so I'm gonna wait awhile and then break it down lol. If you're referring to points taken from comics aka TDKR comic, that comic is non canon and rubbish imo.
    Okay well then there's no point to argue with you

My opinion and no one here was arguing, is Batman your favorite comic character?
    No, not really. But for a comic book character in a movie Batman has been my favorite for a while

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    batman has killed plenty of times, superman yeah hes almost never killed and i agree, but batman? hes killed enough times that its not that big of a deal.

and really hes not just straight up shooting dudes in the face or snapping their necks. hes not directly killing.

if you like the arkham games you have no right to complain as batman kills pretty much everyone in that game (or atleast, if they were real theyd die of internal bleeding later on)

hes not like season 1 arrow going around chucking arrows in peoples guts and shit.
    The Arkham games are hardly canon.

and also, its not like this is a normal batman, this is a batman whos sidekick got beaten to death and since has basically been on his own, hes kind of losing his shit in this movie and its only at the very end of the movie that batman realizes hes gone fucking bananas. in the course of one movie batman goes from a guy branding criminals and wanting to kill superman to the guy forming the justice league.

and frankly theres been much worse versions of batman in the comic, bruce wayne is a shitty dude, and hes a shitty fucked up father to a bunch of somewhat less shitty adopted children, and depending on the version a massive addict.
    Batman's sidekick has also been beaten to death in the comics. He has always been kind of unhinged, that's what made him great in my opinion. He was constantly battling his own insanity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Cant like this as i dislike Ben Affleck the rabid Affleck at the Bill Maher show just ruined him.
    bigots are not welcomed to see the movie any way, please stay far
    Be feared, or be fuel

Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post
    The Arkham games are hardly canon.

Batman's sidekick has also been beaten to death in the comics. He has always been kind of unhinged, that's what made him great in my opinion. He was constantly battling his own insanity.
    yes, we all know jason todds death from the comics, but in the comics he had batgirl, dick, the justice league and eventually tim.

he wasnt all by himself with no support but alfred. its entirely different circumstances and tbh the version in bvs is just more realistic, and like i said he isnt directly killing, he didnt kill joker, he knocked his teeth out and locked him up, he isnt just killing criminals hes branding them. if a couple die because he was in a brawl so be it, even in the comics alot of bats beat downs would kill people.

and yes, i know arkham isnt canon but its widely popular and one of the most liked portrayals of bats in media and he kills people left and right in that game but no one complains because they arent snapping necks.

majority of people bitching about bats killing are doing it for clickbait, its a non issue.

and we all know dicks the best batman anyways who cares what bruce does, i just wanna see nightwing. then put affleck in an old suit and gimmie a beyond movie

10+ Year Old Account
    When did Batman kill people in the comics?

Vampire Batman comes to mind, but that's not canon (obviously).

Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post

He didn't.
    But what happens in the movies need to make some sense.
    You have someone that is very much psychologically scarred after his partner was beaten to death, his parents murdered long before that in front of his very eyes.
    Not going to be taking many prisoners in any fight. Certainly not going to have any warm fuzzy feelings about violent criminals.
    This is a progression that we saw in the show "Arrow," where the hero is at first very much a vigilante. Batman is going through the same progression it seems but in reverse letting his own inner rage take over. (Fortunately I think Supes is going to be some sort of catharsis. He can take the hits.)

The other learning curve I think we're getting is "collateral damage." Superman, o-so-new in his role, didn't respect that at first in MoS.