Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    BAHAHA. People are pussies.

Lol.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    BAHAHA. People are pussies.

Lol.
    As many people have said, it's funny that of all people of the world, Americans, prone to grievous overeaction in the name of security and living despite their millions of handguns in constant fear of terrorism, mock someone who panics and think there is a terrorist attack undergoing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Yes. Obviously. Canada and Mexico are threats on the level of the Soviet Union.

To summarize, I thought first hand that those people were really taking courses to become reservists officers, while comments show this is really not the same thing as the army.
    ROTC means they are indeed training to be real Officers, if they pass all the courses and get selected they could be leading men in a warzone in the very near future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    You let your kids carry guns in school?
    They are drill rifles. 90% of drill rifles don't have working internal parts.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

And does a college professor necessarily know that it's not a working weapon?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Can't wait until one of those ROTC guys shoots something up and you eat your own words.
    That would be hard to do with a replica ie: fake, rifle.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    As many people have said, it's funny that of all people of the world, Americans, prone to grievous overeaction in the name of security and living despite their millions of handguns in constant fear of terrorism, mock someone who panics and think there is a terrorist attack undergoing.
    My weapons aren't in response to fear of terrorism. I know my handgun won't stop a VBIED.

I have my weapons for a variety of reasons. Fear isn't one of them

Have you ever fired a weapon?

If you live anywhere near Washington State I'd love to take you shooting. On me!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wikko View Post
    And does a college professor necessarily know that it's not a working weapon?
    Nope that she doesn't.

And I applaud her calling the first time. Because you never know.

But when she says she's going to call every time after being told what it is and that the weapons are of no harm to anyone (besides being used as a club I suppose) that's when I laugh at her stupid ass. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I'd say I was surprised but that would be a lie. This site harbours a troubling number of extremists - and contrary to what may be popular belief not all of them are on the 'Far Right' side of the political spectrum.
    Yup. Same thought.

My weapons aren't in response to fear of terrorism. I know my handgun won't stop a VBIED.

I have my weapons for a variety of reasons. Fear isn't one of them

Have you ever fired a weapon?

If you live anywhere near Washington State I'd love to take you shooting. On me!

- - - Updated - - -

Nope that she doesn't.

And I applaud her calling the first time. Because you never know.

But when she says she's going to call every time after being told what it is and that the weapons are of no harm to anyone (besides being used as a club I suppose) that's when I laugh at her stupid ass. Lol.
    I kinda understand why she would call everytime. It isnt that hard to imagine that someone pretends to be one of those ROTC guys and ends up being a real school shooter. Better to be safe than have dozen kids dead

Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    ROTC means they are indeed training to be real Officers, if they pass all the courses and get selected they could be leading men in a warzone in the very near future.
    That's not the point I'm gathering from people commenting on the issue on the thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda understand why she would call everytime. It isnt that hard to imagine that someone pretends to be one of those ROTC guys and ends up being a real school shooter. Better to be safe than have dozen kids dead
    Except noone has ever done that. In the history of all our school shootings. Noone ever dressed up like a group that normally carries guns in order to sneak onto the campus and shoot people. It's like sneaking into the police station to shoot up the jail.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Except noone has ever done that. In the history of all our school shootings. Noone ever dressed up like a group that normally carries guns in order to sneak onto the campus and shoot people. It's like sneaking into the police station to shoot up the jail.
    Shhhhh.... I wanted to see how long this could go on.

Deleted
    That's not the point I'm gathering from people commenting on the issue on the thread.
    Why not read about it yourself?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reserv...Training_Corps

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here in is the real issue. Too many people are not knowlegdable about a state's gun laws or how military type organizations work. I have seen people in my local Walmart open carrying handguns and I did not freak out because the state has open carry laws. I would only call the police in this case if they were carrying the weapon in their hand/hands.

The lady the thread is about, once she is told they are not carrying fully functional rifles, should drop the issue and move on. Since she has been educated.

Because veiled nation bashing is more fun. Are you crazy?!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't though.

In the end she is wasting the dispatchers time because of it.

But everyone is entitled to their opinion

Oregon LARPers were not dressed in camo ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Shhhhh.... I wanted to see how long this could go on.
    Also: North Dakota! Come on!

- - - Updated - - -

Oregon LARPers were not dressed in camo ?
    Who? 10/char

Just, be kind.

That is like a ''normal'' reservist training course, a fairly common thing should I say, but some American posters said those people were mostly training for parade drills.

For the record, I thought that this was ''training to become an officer in the armed forces''.

- - - Updated - - -

Also: North Dakota! Come on!

- - - Updated - - -

Who? 10/char
    The heroes that stormed the Malheur bird refuge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Here in is the real issue. Too many people are not knowlegdable about a state's gun laws or how military type organizations work. I have seen people in my local Walmart open carrying handguns and I did not freak out because the state has open carry laws. I would only call the police in this case if they were carrying the weapon in their hand/hands.

The lady the thread is about, once she is told they are not carrying fully functional rifles, should drop the issue and move on. Since she has been educated.
    Exactly. Which is why I applaud her calling the first time.

Anything after that is just stupid.