Not even sure why Rhino was mentioned, since I was talking about Inaros. Someone just..took noob-frame and walked it to the Rhino...

Quote Originally Posted by RoninaThorstone View Post
    I like it against lv 1-25 enemies. After that, the drop off on thunderbolt is very noticeable.
    Yeah, I can certainly see that.
    I'm running Corrosive+Heat on mine and it is doing alright for things like Grineer on some higher levels, but not at an incredible level. Still enjoyable though, I may use it for some of those Bow only Sorties.

Anyone try doing that recent alert mission with the tower 3 Defense reward? The defense target died instantly, didn't even make it past wave 2.
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2016-03-21 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    That's why i asking, because i want get Xiphos ship, since looks easier to get than Mantis or Scimtar.
    It's been datamined at a .5% drop chance, just fyi.

I'm really! digging Inaros. Yesterday I solo defended Triton excav. around the 1500 marker and easily survived by combining Supra to hit the nullifier shields, Desiccation + Finisher to heal myself quickly and Sandstorm to mop up the leftovers. With maxed range as I earlier suggested both of those abilities hit a huge area, effectively turning anything that faces forward into a target dummy, over an absurd range and spread.

I'm still looking into obtaining Cunning Drift to increase the range, or maybe Speed Drift to increase the cast activation and deactivation times.

Obviously Triton isn't remotely close to endgame, but relative to my other frames, I like how Inaros mixes risk and reward.

Setup:

Primary: Supra
    Secondary: Dex Furis (IDC really).
    Melee: Karyst

Still work in progress of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I'm really! digging Inaros. Yesterday I solo defended Triton excav. around the 1500 marker and easily survived by combining Supra to hit the nullifier shields, Desiccation + Finisher to heal myself quickly and Sandstorm to mop up the leftovers. With maxed range as I earlier suggested both of those abilities hit a huge area, effectively turning anything that faces forward into a target dummy, over an absurd range and spread.

I'm still looking into obtaining Cunning Drift to increase the range, or maybe Speed Drift to increase the cast activation and deactivation times.

Obviously Triton isn't remotely close to endgame, but relative to my other frames, I like how Inaros mixes risk and reward.

Still work in progress of course.
    I'm liking his insane synergy with Rage, currently. It feels nice ditching efficiency and putting high Blind Rage in without worrying about energy costs.

I've been primarily playing mine with a War that is modded to just do red crits + slide attack. Mixed with Naramon. And then the Dual Toxocyst, because I love that gun.

----------

Update!
    Anniversary Gifts are going out now. New addition is a free Dex Sybaris and it is looking beefy. Those who missed the Dex Dakra and Dex Furis will also be receiving them in addition to the Sybaris. Also discounts on the Proto-themed skins.
    Last edited by Sixnalia; 2016-03-22 at 06:09 PM.

Oh yeah! This was excellent timing for me, was seven weapons aways from reaching MR 12 finally. And I missed the first two anniversaries, so getting THREE freebie weapons+slots for them is awesome. Thanks DE! /thumbsup

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just maxed out my Chroma, and he's honestly my favorite of all the 'tank' frames. I don't really count Valkyr in 'tank' frames, because she's basically invincible if built properly, and I like the flexibility of being able to use primaries/secondaries. Still love Valkyr don't get me wrong, I'll go to her if there are radiation hazards, or if I feel like playing melee.

Chroma is a beast though, and honestly I don't think Inaros holds a candle to Chroma at all. I changed his aura to naramon to be a bit more useful in the groups I play wth, and added four more polarity slots. Essentially I built him for max power strength. The way I play him mostly focuses on getting as much damage and armor as possible from his 3, so having all three big power strength mods really doesn't effect him too much. I'll likely swap out intensify for the power strength drift mod though, mostly because if I were to max the rest of my corrupted mods I'd be exactly 1 short, and I don't want to forma him again lol.

I just like that I can change his abilities to electric/fire/cold to mix up what I want to do. His 2 and 3 are extremely good, and his 4 isn't too bad either. The 1 isn't anything to write home about, but considering that most warframes usually only have 1-2 good abilities, having one bad one isn't the end of the world lol.

Greatest thing about Chroma is that he can actually take damage without being invincible, can play melee/range and the way I play him he isn't too effected if a bunch of energy leech eximus enter the field, or a boat load of nullifiers. One of the crappy things about Valkyr since they fixed how channeling interacts with energy leech is that she can and will drop out of her 4 pretty quickly in eximus strongholds, or very high level endless missions if you aren't careful. It's also a pain to navigate through an obstacle course of nullifier bubbles lol.

I just like the loop of soaking damage to become a tank, and in turn do a shitload of damage. One of the few frames that can take fire from 100+eximus enemies that isn't Valkyr and live.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Just maxed out my Chroma, and he's honestly my favorite of all the 'tank' frames. I don't really count Valkyr in 'tank' frames, because she's basically invincible if built properly, and I like the flexibility of being able to use primaries/secondaries. Still love Valkyr don't get me wrong, I'll go to her if there are radiation hazards, or if I feel like playing melee.

Chroma is a beast though, and honestly I don't think Inaros holds a candle to Chroma at all. I changed his aura to naramon to be a bit more useful in the groups I play wth, and added four more polarity slots. Essentially I built him for max power strength. The way I play him mostly focuses on getting as much damage and armor as possible from his 3, so having all three big power strength mods really doesn't effect him too much. I'll likely swap out intensify for the power strength drift mod though, mostly because if I were to max the rest of my corrupted mods I'd be exactly 1 short, and I don't want to forma him again lol.

I just like that I can change his abilities to electric/fire/cold to mix up what I want to do. His 2 and 3 are extremely good, and his 4 isn't too bad either. The 1 isn't anything to write home about, but considering that most warframes usually only have 1-2 good abilities, having one bad one isn't the end of the world lol.

Greatest thing about Chroma is that he can actually take damage without being invincible, can play melee/range and the way I play him he isn't too effected if a bunch of energy leech eximus enter the field, or a boat load of nullifiers. One of the crappy things about Valkyr since they fixed how channeling interacts with energy leech is that she can and will drop out of her 4 pretty quickly in eximus strongholds, or very high level endless missions if you aren't careful. It's also a pain to navigate through an obstacle course of nullifier bubbles lol.

I just like the loop of soaking damage to become a tank, and in turn do a shitload of damage. One of the few frames that can take fire from 100+eximus enemies that isn't Valkyr and live.
    I can't compare the two, because I couldn't get into Chroma at all (ugliest frame in existence to me). It's definitely possible that Chroma can soak more damage, but so far the absurd range at which Desiccation can hit targets and keep them stunned for a pretty long time, fits how I like playing. Energy doesn't seem to be an issue with Rage and nullifiers are just a matter of disabling their shields as fast as possible, or infiltrate and assassinate.

That said, I'm not at level 100 content right now either, so everything I think I'm doing right, might turn out to be wrong in the end. I just do love playing Inaros. I just Forma'd him again, so it's going to be a little bit of leveling of both Dex Syb and Inaros again.

I'm curious about these video videos I found about a 7 hour suvival run and 231 waves of defense. They said the trick was using Trinities, but they were talking about Blessing as if it was a completely immunity to damage. Also, link Trinity doesn't seem to do that much damage. Were these based on past changes that have been since nerfed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TSeL0DAYMQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWNxoMJP6q8

And is Warframe being constantly DDoSed? Or is this just normal disconnects on their behalf?

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I'm curious about these video videos I found about a 7 hour suvival run and 231 waves of defense. They said the trick was using Trinities, but they were talking about Blessing as if it was a completely immunity to damage. Also, link Trinity doesn't seem to do that much damage. Were these based on past changes that have been since nerfed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TSeL0DAYMQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWNxoMJP6q8

And is Warframe being constantly DDoSed? Or is this just normal disconnects on their behalf?
    Warframe is, in fact, being ddosed. Supposedly, some hackers are butthurt about barrow baktier selling rare event mods.

With trinity, you can run +duration + power bless to get 30 seconds of extremely high damage reduction.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    They were hit with a massive DDoS 2 weekends back, and they are still recovering from it.

The first video you linked is from an old build of the game, you can tell just by looking at the UI. Blessing is very powerful, and using a few tricks with self damage you can get a solid 99% damage reduction. The defence one is simple enough, it's more a matter of "Can I really be bothered to spend this much time killing enemies when I could just reset and go again and get the exact same chance at loot again".

There are very people who have the free time to run defences and survivals past and hour or 2, and there are even less people that care about the fact that other people can do it.

I didn't see any self-damage though, and you would need that for the damage reduction right? They were all at full health.

Deleted
    I didn't see any self-damage though, and you would need that for the damage reduction right? They were all at full health.
    I believe the old Trinity blessing just worked off of power strength, thats why you hear them talking about casting it at set intervals, they had to keep casting it because they'd tanked all there other stats to get max power strength, the video is from 2013, its been changed since then.

My point about the self damage was that you could still do that now, it's not hard, just time consuming.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    I believe the old Trinity blessing just worked off of power strength, thats why you hear them talking about casting it at set intervals, they had to keep casting it because they'd tanked all there other stats to get max power strength, the video is from 2013, its been changed since then.

My point about the self damage was that you could still do that now, it's not hard, just time consuming.
    Yep. With the changes that took place for Blessing, you now do self-damage to use Blessing's damage reduction. The lower your health when cast, the greater the damage reduction is. Most people run a Thrown Melee weapon, such as Kestrel or Glaive and blow it up on themselves. With a solid duration Blessing build, you can maintain a 99% damage reduction pretty easily.

Ah, I can only imagine the confusion in the enemy seeing the Tenno constantly shooting themselves in the heads to keep their teammates alive.

Ah, I can only imagine the confusion in the enemy seeing the Tenno constantly shooting themselves in the heads to keep their teammates alive.
    Chroma does the same with their armor. They self damage to make the buff skyrocket. works great for duration builds.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah with a good trinity blessing build you can get something like 30 second long blessing, with 99% DR if done properly. Requires self damage, a little bit of math, and quick thinking ideally to get the most desired results. Quick thinking will always drop you to 2 health before chunking into your energy, to which 2 health gives you the 99% DR.

I think quirky things like that are kinda fun though, there are a few builds that utilize flow and quick thinking to great effect, and one of the few ways you can give a little bit more durability to frames who have really bad defensive stats, but large energy pools (especially with primed flow).

Honestly though it's only really useful in incredibly long endless missions, which in my opinion aren't super worth it to begin with because the rewards don't get better, and the affinity is going to cap out eventually. Might see more play in long endless missions if they revamped how difficulty scaled (would require a massive overhaul of the games damage/damage reduction system, to which it might not be the same anyway though) and the reward structure for going further and further. It's useful on trial missions though, and of course sorties.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I can't compare the two, because I couldn't get into Chroma at all (ugliest frame in existence to me). It's definitely possible that Chroma can soak more damage, but so far the absurd range at which Desiccation can hit targets and keep them stunned for a pretty long time, fits how I like playing. Energy doesn't seem to be an issue with Rage and nullifiers are just a matter of disabling their shields as fast as possible, or infiltrate and assassinate.

That said, I'm not at level 100 content right now either, so everything I think I'm doing right, might turn out to be wrong in the end. I just do love playing Inaros. I just Forma'd him again, so it's going to be a little bit of leveling of both Dex Syb and Inaros again.
    I am the same. Made my chroma, levelled him to max and didn't like using him at all. Inaros however just felt much better to me.
    Maybe I just suck at chroma, it's very possible.

Also I recently started using my kubrow with Inaros and I like it. Health-link + lifesteal makes for 1 though dog.
    Youtube Channel
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Minecraft Map: Valley of Ages(map is out of date)

Quote Originally Posted by Drakiru View Post
    I am the same. Made my chroma, levelled him to max and didn't like using him at all. Inaros however just felt much better to me.
    Maybe I just suck at chroma, it's very possible.

Also I recently started using my kubrow with Inaros and I like it. Health-link + lifesteal makes for 1 though dog.
    While it isn't everyone's cup of tea, a Duration build on Chroma with the intent of maximizing your Vex Armor buffs through self damage, can be very fun. It makes you incredibly tanky, and leads to very high damage output.