Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by True Horde View Post
    We only need the appearance of Y'Shaarj and the Old Gods hold no more secrets to us.
    Y'Shaarj is dead. Though it would be nice if Blizzard commissioned a image of him. Also just to answer if the other old gods are dead or alive. I'm erring on the notion they are dead outright by "Our" hands. Both were extremely weakened by their imprisonment. Of the two we've directly dealt with, Yogg was the one much more active and outright consolidating his power. N'Zoth though, is still active...and takes the crown as the "most active old god" alive. Man we are gonna be dealing with something far far worse than anything that has come before.
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

Actually now that I think about it, "C'Thun" art from Chronicles looks more like Iso'rath. Makes me wonder if the Old Gods are actually relatively small but build "forgotten ones" like Iso'rath as natural extensions around themselves and the N'raqi and Aqir build a further protective layer in the form of a citadel. The Old Gods we've seen in game so far are a far cry from "mountains of flesh".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nethlord View Post
    Y'Shaarj is dead. Though it would be nice if Blizzard commissioned a image of him.
    They are. All the Old Gods will be appearing in Hearthstone. That's where the recently revealed N'Zoth artwork comes from.

Well, we know what his basic shape will be. We don't know how it'll look ingame, or how it'll be animated. My guess would be the maws can open and close, as with the other Old Gods, because it would be scarier.

Functionality isn't the point, where it comes to Old Gods, though. They don't actually eat. None of them have bodies designed to get around on a world they inhabit. They are a mountain of twisted flesh, even if most of it is below the surface when we face them, with just their "head" sticking out.

C'thun was an angry plant with eyes. Yogg-Saron was all mouths. These aren't creatures that can walk the earth as predators. They are seeds of corruption. They burrow their tendrils through the world, spreading darkness and horror.

And yeah, looking forward to seeing Y'shaarj.

- - - Updated - - -

Oooh, here is Y'shaarj Hearthstone Card:

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/4...igma-of-nzoth/
    Last edited by Caerule; 2016-03-24 at 05:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syntech View Post
    The one that confuses me is that I thought every old god represented some sort of body part. C'Thun was eyes, Yogg-Saron was mouths, and I believe Y'Shaarj is heads, right? And all of them utilize tentacles. So what makes N'Zoth unique? Am I just missing it? Yea he's got a lot of tentacles...and three or so maws. Maybe I was just expecting something different.

I still think he looks cool.

Edit: I think I may have just echoed the post above me without reading it first. My bad
    Based on the pictures I've seen, the only thing about N'zoth I can really distinguish from the Yogg and C'thun is the fact that N'zoth appears to have upright-posture, the the other 2 were just heads on the ground with tentacles surrounding them. N'zoth appears to be standing upright over the ocean or where he is so perhaps he is the "body/torso"

That would mean we have

Y'Shaarj = Head
    C'thun = Eye
    Yogg'Saron .= Mouth
    N'zoth = Body

Since Old gods don't appear to have/need a nose or ear I think they Blizz would just skip those themes.

Well, there's some easy to reference confirmations of speculation about what he's done

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    It more looks like he's in the ocean with a swirl of clouds above him, not where he's necessarily imprisoned.

Gives more credence to the fact he's most likely somewhere beneath the ocean.
    And we have a winner! (Golden effect clearly shows him above water under a thunderstorm)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    N'zoth's thing seems to be tentacles, above and beyond Yogg or C'Thun. He seems to be practically *made* of tentacles, even his central mass looks like a tightly compacted collection of them. All of the Old Gods seem to embody negative aspects of specific traits in a strange way. C'Thun seems to embody malevolent authority, Yogg-Saron a sense of malicious cunning and forethought. Y'Shaarj embodies corrupting power and negative emptions, and N'Zoth embodies secretiveness and a malignant sense of infestation or consumption.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted

Gonna leave this here aswell. I hope this pretty much tells us that there will be an expansion based on N'Zoth and Azshara.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post

img - N'Zoth
    Derp.

But awesome and terrifying card, thnx for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuuj View Post

Gonna leave this here aswell. I hope this pretty much tells us that there will be an expansion based on N'Zoth and Azshara.
    Amusing that it used Chronicle art, yet uses outdated/retconned lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Amusing that it used Chronicle art, yet uses outdated/retconned lore.
    Dude, you know that C'Thun art with the eye they keep throwing around? That's a picture on WoWpedia. Specifically, it's a cropping of a TCG card that was scanned in because the fullsize image was never released to the public.

For them to keep using that specific picture, they have to have copied it directly from the site. The lore videos they post also reflect that. They're just paraphrasing the WoWpedia page and copying pictures off of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/4...igma-of-nzoth/

@_o

That looks amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Fuuj View Post
    It sucks that so many people will watch these videos and get told wrong lore and they probably won't even know.

That's really cool art.

You know, he's sitting on some rocks above the sea on that art. Considering he's in sort of an awkward place on the map now (somewhere between the Broken Isles and Vashj'ir), I wonder if he'll actually be freed from his prison. That'd also be a reason to give him a more creature-like design, if he actually gets to move around and not just be embedded in the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    That's really cool art.

You know, he's sitting on some rocks above the sea on that art. Considering he's in sort of an awkward place on the map now (somewhere between the Broken Isles and Vashj'ir), I wonder if he'll actually be freed from his prison. That'd also be a reason to give him a more creature-like design, if he actually gets to move around and not just be embedded in the ground.
    Well, it's easier for large animals to move around underwater than it is on land. N'Zoth is probably the most mobile Old God by far, as her environment should take a lot of weight off of her.

Deleted
    From the blue post:

Very little is certain about N’Zoth (pronounced nuh-ZAH-th)—most beings on Azeroth don’t even know its name, much less what it looks like. Scraps of obscure lore claim that the Old God has been imprisoned beneath the darkest depths of the ocean for millennia beyond counting. There are also whispers that N’Zoth desires nothing more than to twist what was once noble and pure to its own inscrutable ends. Ultimately, most of what is “known” about this most insidious of beings is mere speculation.

Still, looking at the evidence, it seems like N’Zoth feels a compulsive need to redecorate, and has the aesthetic sensibilities of someone that’s super into skulls, black leather, and knee high platform boots. Emerald Dream? How about Emerald Nightmare. Neltharion the Earth Warder? Nah, let’s go with DEATHWING THE DESTROYER! Prissy Night Elf nobility throwing a hissy fit? BAM! You get a snake body andactual hissing! Yes, it’s rumored that N’Zoth was involved with twisting the Emerald Dream, corrupting one of Azeroth’s most powerful dragons, and mutating the Highborne into the despicable Naga . . . but it’s just getting started.

Undercity Huckster
    Evil is evil, sure, but N’Zoth is a verybusy otherworldly horror, so sometimes it’s nice to have someone around to take care of the mundane, everyday wickedness. Take this guy for example. The Undercity Huckster was once an upstanding merchant known for his honesty and integrity. However, after being exposed to a taste of N’Zoth’s tainted influence, he’s now taken to stealing other peoples’ best tricks and selling them back after a price hike.

I guess Blizzard is really falling apart. They can't make their minds up to who caused Emerald Nightmare although it's said in chronicle book which was supposed to be the canon canon. So it's not after all?

Also.. if this blog post is canon - does it mean that his influence really affects Undercity? Does he possibly affect Sylvanas?
    Last edited by mmocf89c8b0f36; 2016-03-25 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    I guess Blizzard is really falling apart. They can't make their minds up to who caused Emerald Nightmare although it's said in chronicle book which was supposed to be the canon canon. So it's not after all?
    ? Not sure what was the issue other than you misunderstanding things. The Chronicle book said that Yogg infiltrated the Emerald Dream, then he used the trees planted by Fandral as a doorway into the Emerald Dream and allow the other Old Gods (C'Thun & N'Zoth) access it (the Dream) as well. After that, the seeds of corruption started spreading inside the Emerald Dream, polluting dreamways and marked the beginning of the Emerald Nightmare. Hence, all three of them - Yogg, C'Thun and N'Zoth - caused the Emerald Nightmare, it wasn't any of them alone. What that blog post said ("It's rumored that N'Zoth was involved with twisting the Emerald Dream...") is correct and doesn't conflict with Chronicle book.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    ? Not sure what was the issue other than you misunderstanding things. The Chronicle book said that Yogg infiltrated the Emerald Dream, then he used the trees planted by Fandral as a doorway into the Emerald Dream and allow the other Old Gods (C'Thun & N'Zoth) access it (the Dream) as well. After that, the seeds of corruption started spreading inside the Emerald Dream, polluting dreamways and marked the beginning of the Emerald Nightmare. Hence, all three of them - Yogg, C'Thun and N'Zoth - caused the Emerald Nightmare, it wasn't any of them alone. What that blog post said ("It's rumored that N'Zoth was involved with twisting the Emerald Dream...") is correct and doesn't conflict with Chronicle book.
    It's also hinted that Yogg-Saron was involved in, at least, the corruption of Deathwing. Considering the WotA trilogy and "The Three" being the behind-the-scenes villains there, it seems likely that everything we've seen that's been influenced or corrupted by one Old God or another was actually a joint effort by Yogg-Saron, C'Thun, and N'Zoth. With Yogg and C'Thun out of commission, it seems N'Zoth stepped up to become the Big Boss of Old God minions, hence the Cataclysm, the continued corruption of the Emerald Nightmare, and the Naga build-up.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    dont confuse Voidlords/Void lords with the Void Lords.
    Yea well...

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    those were not the Void Lords from the Chronicle, they were just oversized voidwalkers/dark naaru

those Void Lords are the ultimate evil and threat to the universe and the creators of countless Old Gods
    And what is the point of having them in the lore?
    We already have Sargeras and the Old Gods, why do we need another ultra-baddie that is immeasurably powerful?

Christ, warcraft lore is so so bad.
    If only the warhammer mmo wasn't a flop. Now that's a good setting.

Y'shaarj in hearthstone facebook