Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    make this your sig and we are good
    Alright I've done it. Detri for Secretary of Defense 2016. Let's get this show on the road! Maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Detritivores View Post
    Alright I've done it. Detri for Secretary of Defense 2016. Let's get this show on the road!
    I dont see it.
    @Malachi256 make a similar sig

I dont see it.
    It's updated now. Get me in there!

Edit: yours is better. Will fix.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Detritivores View Post
    It's updated now. Get me in there!
    we good brah

we good brah
    Yeah, we good. I'm super stoked to make this forum great.

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    But Hillary will be in jail, unless AG Lynch turns out to be a corrupt democratic puppet (here's to hoping she is not!), so Trump may win regardless
    She won't be in jail any time sooner than anyone in the GW Bush administration who also used private servers to store government documents and had embassies attacked where Americans died. That is all republican maneuvering to try and increase their chances of winning. In order for her to go to jail the judicial system would have to have a republican at the head and it doesn't.

- - - Updated - - -

If there was a chance in hell of Hillary actually facing charges the Democrats would giving Bernie their nominees. Ain't going to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if you support a guy with low policy, low integrity, low substance, low temperament, low morals, then you're probably a low information voter.

Trump has no actual policies, he has political commentaries. And most of his commentaries don't work in the real world, most of them simply because they aren't feasible (aka The Wall™). Politics =/= business and you can't run a country like an investor.

He flip flops on his stances every 12 hours.

He once supported the forerunner end openly endorsed the ideas of the Democrats, hey but those aren't red flags to Republicans though.

His behavior has done nothing but set back conservative politics, for better or for worse depending on who you are.

I'm pretty sure many world leaders are more than willing to not be diplomatic with the US for 4 years and eat the cost than to deal with Trump. What's the worse that can happen that already hasn't? Maybe thats why Obama is trying to rush this Cuba thing.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Nope. It means they believe every thing he says. And never look up if what he says is true or not. And it looks like they have no desire to see more info. But to be honest as European i think that of 50% of the republican party.
    As an American I generally think this of about 90% of both parties. Both are more than willing to accept verbal diarrhea and spout it back verbatim from some random talking head, as long as its THEIR talking head.

I dont see it.
    It is done, mein Genn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malachi256 View Post
    It is done, mein Genn.
    perfect!
    /10

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    I guess this is the polite way to say "Stupid" right?
    More like uninformed. Someone who is uninformed can be informed, but a stupid person can never be made smart.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...s-were-correct

Donald Trump said Islamic State’s terrorist attacks on Brussels that killed more than 30 people show he was right to call the city a “hellhole.”
    The Republican presidential frontrunner irritated and amused people living in the Belgian capital in January when he told Fox News that lack of assimilation of immigrants had damaged what was once a beautiful place. On Thursday, two days after the worst terror attacks in Belgium’s history, he repeated the description.

“Remember when I recently said that Brussels is a ‘hellhole’ and a mess,” Trump, who has demanded a ban on Muslims coming into the U.S., said in a Twitter posting. “I was so right!”

With a provisional casualty toll from the coordinated suicide bombings at the airport and subway station standing at 31 dead and about 300 injured, Belgian authorities are continuing their hunt for other members of the terror cell. The country’s government admitted some failures in intelligence-sharing and policing and two ministers offered to resign on Thursday.

‘Muslims, NATO!’
    “It is amazing how often I am right, only to be criticized by the media. Illegal immigration, take the oil, build the wall, Muslims, NATO!” tweeted Trump, who has pledged to build a wall along the U.S. border with Mexico to prevent illegal entry.

A clip of Trump’s original comments were used in a video from a pro-Islamic State group claiming responsibility for the attacks, according to Newsweek.
    His January comments prompted people in Belgium to react with a wave of ironic Twitter postings, with residents using the #hellhole hashtag alongside beautiful views of the Belgian capital’s ancient streets and parks, or of its renowned cuisine and artisan beer.
    Does this make Manhattan a hellhole? (more so than it technically is)

I would say - I'm not at all surprised that you are quick to believe those particular statistics.
    But this again, IS BACKED BY EVIDENCE.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    But Hillary will be in jail, unless AG Lynch turns out to be a corrupt democratic puppet (here's to hoping she is not!), so Trump may win regardless
    Again, we ask you, for what? They aren't even investigating her. They are investigating her aides.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    But this again, IS BACKED BY EVIDENCE.
    I really find the "your side is dumber than my side" arguments to be tiresome. It boils down to "my daddy can beat up your daddy," which went out of style pretty early in elementary school. I mean seriously, who cares. There are morons on both sides, there are intellectuals on both sides, and my original point still stands - most people on both sides are not the sharpest tools in the shed. By the very definition they are of average intelligence, and they probably all spend far more time obsessing about pinterest or football or damage meters than they do about actual substantive political issues.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    The liberal left have always painted the right with that brush. The decadent and morally corrupt liberals take any opportunity to belittle, slander or outright assault those that hold opposing views. It's their trademark.
    To be fair, for the last few decades, multitudes of studies have found that liberal voters on average have higher education level, watch more international news, and are far more aware of the international events.

"WHO DETERMINES THIS?" You scream, well researchers.

"DID THEY ASK UNBIASED QUESTIONS?" you ask, well you can review them if you want, but you might be disappointed to find that "Terrorists be killing and raping everyone and everything they see, and EVERYONE hates America!" is not considered a correct answer, so you might find that liberally biased.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

I really find the "your side is dumber than my side" arguments to be tiresome. It boils down to "my daddy can beat up your daddy," which went out of style pretty early in elementary school. I mean seriously, who cares. There are morons on both sides, there are intellectuals on both sides, and my original point still stands - most people on both sides are not the sharpest tools in the shed. By the very definition they are of average intelligence, and they probably all spend far more time obsessing about pinterest or football or damage meters than they do about actual substantive political issues.
    When your candidate is talking at a 4th grade level to cater to the people that are voting for him, then yes, they are by definition low information voters. There is no "average" intelligence there. The average is 9-10th grade level like the rest of the candidates. Even the asshole Ted Cruz has average intelligence voters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkdeii View Post
    If only you were being inquisitive, then, instead of ignorantly dismissive.
    Him asking you a question was inquisitive, you saying you cannot read anymore... was as litteraly ignorantly dismissive as you can get...

Also, if you read anything that I have been saying, especially my initial post, then you would know I don't necessarily support Trump's policies. Pretty much just showing to me and everyone here that you have no clue what is going on.
    Don't be so dismissive, that wasn't the point. Why do you then disagree with his supporters on Trump?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    They most likely are of avarage intelligence just like everyone else. Which means they do act stupid at times. Other than feels or some PC bullshit, why is it wrong to call someone acting stupid, stupid? Does adding 'at this moment' or 'about this issue' really necessary?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Well if you support a guy with low policy, low integrity, low substance, low temperament, low morals, then you're probably a low information voter.

Trump has no actual policies, he has political commentaries. And most of his commentaries don't work in the real world, most of them simply because they aren't feasible (aka The Wall™). Politics =/= business and you can't run a country like an investor.

He flip flops on his stances every 12 hours.
    I guess if you drink that kool aid drank- you don't see it; but you just described every politician. They are all just lies bundled in human form (both sides). At least ole Trumpers is not an establishment candidate so there is a chance he can move us in the right direction (albeit a small chance). Any step away from the establishment of both parties is a step in the right direction for me. They are so corrupt, it is hard for me to believe that an educated person could sink to such depths. I don't think any direction that the establishment (both parties) might move us is the right direction (and the last 20 years bears this out).

This idea is nothing new. The forefathers predicted it. They just thought that the American people were too smart to get pinned down by two parties (they thought it would take hundreds of parties); guess they were wrong on that one.... (You can read the Federalist Papers if you don't believe it).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    They most likely are of avarage intelligence just like everyone else. Which means they do act stupid at times. Other than feels or some PC bullshit, why is it wrong to call someone acting stupid, stupid? Does adding 'at this moment' or 'about this issue' really necessary?
    There is no average intelligence, there are smart people and not so smart people. People are fooled because if you average the smart and the "other" people you get a "middle." That middle only exists in theory though, most people are smart and intellectually curious (and want to learn) or they are not; there really is no middle- it is just a construct.
    Last edited by Alydael; 2016-03-25 at 03:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    The only way we really attempt to quantify intelligence is via IQ, and that has a normal distribution, which means with 7.2 billion people on the planet, it is virtually impossible that there isn't a good chunk of people possessing IQs that are essentially indistinguishable from the average.
    You trust IQ as a true measurement of intelligence? Which "expert" declared it was viable? What research supports it?