Thread: Black Desert

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    One big weakness is the fact you cant opt out of pvp anyway. As a sandbox, the game should allow people to freely join and leave pvp whenever they want to by flagging themself.

I believe a lot of people will quit if they find out they cant continue just to play the pve part at level 45 upwards.

Probably the developers should think about an option here. They would keep a lot of PVE only players.
    I'm glad I found out before release. I will never buy another (after The Division) game with forced PvP.
    When I want to PvP, I will play a PvP ony game.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    One big weakness is the fact you cant opt out of pvp anyway. As a sandbox, the game should allow people to freely join and leave pvp whenever they want to by flagging themself.

I believe a lot of people will quit if they find out they cant continue just to play the pve part at level 45 upwards.

Probably the developers should think about an option here. They would keep a lot of PVE only players.
    It's weird. A lot of Korean MMOs are like this.

Aion is like this. Don't know if Archage is ...

Why?
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Æony View Post
    Pff 17H for a level please.. i grinded 470H from 59-60 in korea the first time and did it all over again on another class in about 300H after optimization and exp 7events. 17 hours makes me laugh. Seriously ppl these days have no clue what "grind" means.
    17h is still very grindy, regardless of you grinding 470h for 59-60.

It's a lot more grindy than any western MMO out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Because PVP has proven to be successfull endgame (even organized), while PVE wasnt able to do that yet, and is way more effort.

PVP is player driven endgame and fits really well to a sandbox. While things like organized raiding only adresses a very few.

No game studio has invented PVE large scale group content yet, which adresses as much as PVP does. Raiding isnt that.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because PVP has proven to be successfull endgame (even organized), while PVE wasnt able to do that yet, and is way more effort.

PVP is player driven endgame and fits really well to a sandbox. While things like organized raiding only adresses a very few.

No game studio has invented PVE large scale group content yet, which adresses as much as PVP does. Raiding isnt that.
    One way they can have the best of both worlds is,

Have an NPC guild, lets call it "The State", PVEers can join. As a member of the State, you can still get ganked ... but ... the State will send OPed NPC assassin to kill and fine the fool that ganked you.

Gankers will be fined X amount (to be adjusted to deter ganking) and the fine will be collect upon being killed by the State's assassins - if they have insufficient funds, they will be asked to pay in installments (/w interest) on a weekly basis; failure to pay on time will result in State assassins ripping you another new one burning your XP.

X amount (same as the fine) will be paid to the victim player for being inconvenienced.

The State will effectively be the strongest guild on the servers martially - a homogony if you will; and is for intents and purposes invincible. How it differs from player guilds is, it's NPC run (i.e. developer run) and non-expansionist.

The benefit of being in a player guild is that you get to reap the rewards of conquer/controlled areas. The State being non-expansionist will not take part in such activities hence no benefit to the PVEers in them. Risk vs Reward.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Yes it is grindy. I'm at 52 now and it takes me an hour of grinding to get 6% xp. So that means I need to grind around 17 hours to get to 53. That excludes all town visits for shopping/repairing/etc and breaks -> 52-53 takes about 20-25 hours of monster killing. 53-54 and 54-55 will be even worse. That is grindy, very grindy. But I don't mind, as long as there is a meaningful goal to achieve, it's all fine and dandy. Grinding gets me lots of money and money means gear in this game.
    Considering that you're above the 'soft cap' for levels, 25 hours from 52-53 is rather quick. If folks want to see a non grindy game where they can sit around stating that there's nothing to do, of course, there are other well established titles that serve that up on a silver platter.

Quote Originally Posted by Æony View Post
    Pff 17H for a level please.. i grinded 470H from 59-60 in korea the first time and did it all over again on another class in about 300H after optimization and exp 7events. 17 hours makes me laugh. Seriously ppl these days have no clue what "grind" means.
    "I grinded more than you grinded, so that means I'ma pretend like your grind isn't still a grind".
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    If folks want to see a non grindy game where they can sit around stating that there's nothing to do, of course, there are other well established titles that serve that up on a silver platter.
    When your choices are to stand around and state that there's nothing to do, or go kill the same monsters for 20-25 hours, talk about a lose/lose situation.
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Considering that you're above the 'soft cap' for levels, 25 hours from 52-53 is rather quick. If folks want to see a non grindy game where they can sit around stating that there's nothing to do, of course, there are other well established titles that serve that up on a silver platter.
    Typically in game design when a "challenge" goes from trivial to huge with nothing bridging the gap its just poorly received by people. Take a look at what happens in wows end game.

Granted it doesn't seem to matter much in this game, but it isn't exactly great game design.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

as someone who is considering buying this, is the world PvP in the game bad enough that it will prevent me from leveling now that everyone is max lvl? or will I be mostly left alone aside from a couple ganks here and there

Quote Originally Posted by kalaratic View Post
    as someone who is considering buying this, is the world PvP in the game bad enough that it will prevent me from leveling now that everyone is max lvl? or will I be mostly left alone aside from a couple ganks here and there
    I have over 200hours played since launch, I'm lvl 51, and I havent got in a single pvp situation. I'm currently leveling an alt, lvl 30ish atm, same thing. I know 1 friend who got randomly killed, once. Server Edan, america.

I think I have about 52 hours so far, i am level 41.. Really enjoying it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kalaratic View Post
    Up to level 35, noone may attack you, and if you dont flag pvp, your attacker gets a bad karma. Theres no lowie ganking.. well, there is between 35 and 50, but the karma system prevents excessive camping.

Up to level 35, noone may attack you, and if you dont flag pvp, your attacker gets a bad karma. Theres no lowie ganking.. well, there is between 35 and 50, but the karma system prevents excessive camping.
    45, not 35.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Deleted
    I've heard the karma system is actually pretty tame though, and that it's easy to get back into 'positive karma'.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by flarecde View Post
    45, not 35.
    Depends on the region you play. Also, you are able to attack with a lower level but cant be attacked. And you may be killed in arenas with a lower level.

The one near to Heidel, as example. Stay away from it if you are a lowbie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    I've heard the karma system is actually pretty tame though, and that it's easy to get back into 'positive karma'.
    You just need to grind a lot.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2016-03-24 at 09:47 PM.

Deleted
    You just need to grind a lot.
    Right, but it's definitely not how people first described it where you were supposedly better off just deleting your character once it gets into negative karma.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    Right, but it's definitely not how people first described it where you were supposedly better off just deleting your character once it gets into negative karma.
    As older the game gets, as more toxic the community will get. Due to the fact bored players start to create grief chars, where they dont care about karma.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    As older the game gets, as more toxic the community will get. Due to the fact bored players start to create grief chars, where they dont care about karma.
    Developer will probably then just reset all karma and make all karma acquire from that point onward account wide.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Developer will probably then just reset all karma and make all karma acquire from that point onward account wide.
    I think the better solution would just be an opt out completely. As long people may gank, they will gank.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2016-03-25 at 08:08 AM.