Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    You can think that politics and both parties have been a failure for two or more decades and still be smart enough to see that Trump is a shambling pile of bullshit changing his message day by day to adapt to the audience while not getting into specifics or saying anything meaningful. You can also be smart enough to see that bombast and horse-shit aren't a good substitute for refined policy thought.

This is what is meant by "low information voters". You guys don't give a shit about facts, you're in it for the feels, and even when presented with facts you ignore them in favor of your established feels.
    Just like most USA elections- he is the lesser evil. That is what politics in the US is... voting for the least evil.... After the last 20 years, I can't believe anyone would still support either establishment party..... But keep voting the same- hoping for change; (it will never happen).

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    Just like most USA elections- he is the lesser evil. That is what politics in the US is... voting for the least evil.... After the last 20 years, I can't believe anyone would still support either establishment party..... But keep voting the same- hoping for change; (it will never happen).
    I'd be first in line to watch both parties burn, but Trump is not the lesser evil here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Plugging a hole in a boat doesn't mean you can't fix the engine or correct the steering. It's not binary for gods sake. Made up dilemma is made up.
    Plugging the hole in the boat? I wasn't aware that doubling the national debt in 8 years and being the first Administration to be late on its payments destroying our AAA credit rating on the world bank and using tax payer money to bail out the very people that created the whole meltdown (and bernie supporters claim to be against) was "plugging the hole in the boat". I'd say more like dropping the anchor in the middle of it.

"People are turning against the Democrats. I know how we're get them to vote for Democrats again! Let's call them stupid! It's brilliant!"

15+ Year Old Account
    He's the populist, he's saying things that will please people but that he can't deliver on in reality. Everything he's said is either impractical or must be approved by sections of government that will not approve it. He'd sit in the oval office with his thumb in his dick not knowing what he was supposed to do because for as much as people hate career politicians, they at least know what's realistic in the scope of government.

People say as you grow older you get conservative. False, I've only gotten more liberal, and as I've learned things, this establishment stuff isn't as evil as people make it out to be. Our leaders are in the pockets of billionaires, but Trump certainly isn't going to change that. He only seems to want to make it worse. He has no actual plans for tackling money in politics, he just seems to want to make it all the more relevant.

If you're upset because your politicians are in the pockets of billionaires, look at Bernie. If you're upset because your politicians are career politicians... why? That's not a bad term, only one that's been demonized by the low information voter base. If people are politicians for most of their life, they know what they're doing. If they're in the pockets of billionaires too, well then yeah, that's obviously bad. But Trump had no intention of changing THAT part. He just wants to boot people who know what they're doing out and bringing his circus of inexperienced billionaires in.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2016-03-25 at 03:58 AM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    This^^^^^ It is also the definition of insanity. Tons of video showing Hillary contradicting herself over and over and over and being busted in lies like taking sniper fire at an airport which was 100% bogus and even CNN called her out on it. Yet people still vote for her as if she hasn't received millions from the very people she claims to be against. We have video of her praising NAFTA and now she is against it and saying she has always been against it when it is just another lie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dY77j6uBHI

But liberals/progressives don't seem to even care about the truth. They just seem to think that anyone who doesn't think like them are "uninformed". Seriously, I have never seen people more snobby and judgmental then the progressives. They are even violent enough to burn down cities and even go to Trump rally's and sucker punch people from behind. Progressives have proven to be socially violent people and it is starting to come to an impasse.
    Trump lies as much if not more than Hillary, as a result I do not support either. What's your excuse? Doing the same thing over again, but expecting a different result, is insanity. But, so is cutting off your nose to spite your face... It also hurts a lot more...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I pointed out that you said something silly. You attempted to rebut that by continuing to say silly things. You're now just trying to say it doesn't matter. It really doesn't matter what the point of your post is. It wouldn't shield you from incorrectly saying dinosaurs were space aliens or that 2 + 2 = 5 either.
    So claiming that an intelligence scale, which was created before the computer was invented (or the internet) is outdated is "silly" to you? Guess to each their own.... Personally, i think relying on an intelligence scale created in 1912 in 2016 is a bit "silly," but if you are that desperate to discredit Trump that the best you can find is results based on a scale invented over 100 years ago then go ahead, rely on that......

So claiming that an intelligence scale, which was created before the computer was invented (or the internet) is outdated is "silly" to you? Guess to each their own.... Personally, i think relying on an intelligence scale created in 1912 in 2016 is a bit "silly," but if you are that desperate to discredit Trump that the best you can find is results based on a scale invented over 100 years ago then go ahead, rely on that......
    There are plenty of reasons to take issue with the IQ scale, but the advent of computers is not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Trump lies as much if not more than Hillary, as a result I do not support either. What's your excuse? Doing the same thing over again, but expecting a different result, is insanity. But, so is cutting off your nose to spite your face... It also hurts a lot more...
    Well, that is the question, isn't it? Do we rely on the same people (dems and pubs) that have been consistantly failing us for well over twenty years (remember: relying on the same thing for different results is the definition of insanity), or do we take a chance on the new guy that seems to "go too far" and is a bit brash...

After both parties failing for so many years in a row, I am willing to take a chance on the new guy.. But that is for each person to decide for themselves.

If you want me to be pedantic I'd say ignorant rather than stupid. For some proudly ignorant -- which, in my opinion *is* stupid.
    The difference is subtle and is very important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you suggesting technology improves avarage intelligence or inhibit it?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    There are plenty of reasons to take issue with the IQ scale, but the advent of computers is not one of them.
    So you dont think the invention of computers and the the internet seriously changed the game? You might be totally alone in that....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Are you suggesting technology improves avarage intelligence or inhibit it?
    You mean having all the kniowledge of the past at your fingertips in your pocket as vs. not having that? Are you even serious with that statement?

So you dont think the invention of computers and the the internet seriously changed the game? You might be totally alone in that....
    The human brain has not changed. Our ability to seek out information has been enhanced, true, but that has no effect upon our basic capacity for intelligence.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, that is the question, isn't it? Do we rely on the same people (dems and pubs) that have been consistantly failing us for well over twenty years (remember: relying on the same thing for different results is the definition of insanity), or do we take a chance on the new guy that seems to "go too far" and is a bit brash...

After both parties failing for so many years in a row, I am willing to take a chance on the new guy.. But that is for each person to decide for themselves.
    Failing us? Are you happy in your life? Do you make a decent living? If no, are you under 30? America is in a pretty darn good place at the moment. As much as we all love to bitch about it sometimes, a good number of us realize that the current politicians haven't "failed us" in a tragic sense of the word. Could things be better? Sure, but xenophobia smeared on a wall that would cost tens of billions of dollars sure as shit isn't the answer. If you want to see "failed us" just put Trump in office and go for gold in the department of failure.

If there's one thing Trump has shown a lot of people, it's that "the establishment" isn't so bad, and really the biggest problem is money in politics.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I'm already looking at the OECD report. It does not support his statement. The article you linked is talking about the combined total for primary, secondary, and tertiary education.

http://www.oecd.org/education/skills...l/48630868.pdf

https://youtu.be/yooUYTMW2Es?t=1052
    Here is Trump actually making the statement. He was talking about Common Core just before it, so it's possible he meant just K-12, in which case we're not number 1. Even if he means all three levels combined, we barely edge out Switzerland. It's sure as hell not a factor of four.
    You linked stats from 2008, you realize it is 2016, 8 years later?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    I guess this is the polite way to say "Stupid" right?
    Yeah, and they basically are, for the most part.

15+ Year Old Account
    You linked stats from 2008, you realize it is 2016, 8 years later?
    Can you personally name massive spending bills that would quadruple our education spending in that time?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    I guess this is the polite way to say "Stupid" right?
    Rush Limbaugh began using that term years ago to describe Obama voters. These were the people who were interviewed as they were going to the polls during the Democrat primary of 2008. They were asked if they supported Obama's small government, pro-life positions and they answered "yes."

10+ Year Old Account

Status que is not doing the same thing, but expecting a different result. It's doing the same thing and expecting the same thing. Taking a risk for no reason other than that it's different, is stupid. Risks need to be calculated and mitigated, to which Trump exacerbates. Would you eat shit, if you are sick of eating apples?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Failing us? Are you happy in your life? Do you make a decent living? If no, are you under 30? America is in a pretty darn good place at the moment. As much as we all love to bitch about it sometimes, a good number of us realize that the current politicians haven't "failed us" in a tragic sense of the word. Could things be better? Sure, but xenophobia smeared on a wall that would cost tens of billions of dollars sure as shit isn't the answer. If you want to see "failed us" just put Trump in office and go for gold in the department of failure.

If there's one thing Trump has shown a lot of people, it's that "the establishment" isn't so bad, and really the biggest problem is money in politics.
    Well said - I completely agree.

I comment on this particular statement because you're right, Americans don't have it so bad at all. In fact, we're pretty fucking lucky for the most part (ahem, 15 million children homeless at the moment). What's sad is that we don't do what we could with what we have - as a country and as a people. Somehow resentment and hatred have taken hold of us rather than cooperation and openness.