Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    If the new voice chat would work nicely, and i would have use for it (raids, pvp, actual friends), i would use it.

So, success or not, i won't use it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhomeli View Post
    As long as it works as well as steam's voice chat does, I'll probably use it for small groups at least.
    "Hello"

Response: "Cyka Byljat!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by taximals View Post
    Considering Discord can be used just in a browser, I'm surprised it hasn't become the most common for pugs already.
    Push to talk doesn't work in browser

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes I WILL, great work blizzard, this is what we want ^^

Quote Originally Posted by taximals View Post
    Considering Discord can be used just in a browser, I'm surprised it hasn't become the most common for pugs already.

I haven't seen what the Battlenet version is capable of, but if it's has the important functions available i'll give it a go, probably not for raiding however.
    In-browser Discord is ass because its all open mic since you cant use PTT unless it is the foreground program. Makes it a haven of mouthbreathers and keyboard smashers.

Most launchers or games offer voice chat today, and in fact most have an astonshing quality. But since I am in teamspeak with friends when I play ingame voice chat is the first thing I deactivate. So, no, I won't try it.

Deleted
    Coming soon in 7.1.

I may use it for raiding if it's good, beats paying for ts servers

I really only use Vent. Used to know a romanian chick who'd get naked for me on Skype, and had one RBG group that used that... and i'd hate getting bothered there.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by the boar View Post
    when voice chat was added in 2.1 or 2.2 or 2.3 or whatever it was we tried it out for a karazhan raid.. we were back on teamspeak before we got to attumen because it was really bad.

that is my only experience using the in-game voice chat, i do not know what it is like right now. but i'd happily give it a try either now or after a revamp if my raid group wanted to - hopefully it offers option to route it through different speakers than wow though, as i don't wanna stream voice chat personally.
    That's how I feel on it too. I don't see them having done anything to actually improve it, just seems like it's now cross game. A pile of shit is a pile of shit, even if you break that pile up and toss it in five different directions.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nope. I have vent installed on my desktop, but I haven't used it in a couple of years. I do lfr mostly, and pugs only if they don't require voice chat. Done with that sht for good.

eh, I would rather an integrated system rather than an additonal program, but really I do not want to speak to 99% of the people that play this game.

I'll stick with Ventrilo and Teamspeak. I never use the built-in voice chat with any game I play. In fact, I usually end up having to disable it after the fact when I realize I'm playing some game that has it turned on by default, and people start hearing my background noise.

That said, I'm not in a huge guild or anything. I have a fairly small circle of friends across things like Battle.net and Steam, and we're using a Ventrilo server that works just fine for us and costs a whopping $3 a month. I can see how integrated voice in a game could be handy for situations where you need to use it but don't necessarily want to give random people your Ventrilo/TS server info (pugs or something).

But again, personally, I'm happy with Vent/TS. I use that $3/month Ventrilo server most of the time. One of my friends has a TS server he set up on his home PC, and we use that as a backup. Works just fine, so I always turn off integrated voice chat.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2016-03-25 at 01:00 PM.

I may try...eventually. I don't chat much in any voice program these days. But if you into voice chats I don't see the harm in trying it at least once..its not like it costs you anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course.

If it's good, there is no reason to use another software.

What's the point of using a third party program that is not used by all the players.

It's so annoying to update this TS or this Mumble or to log on skype right before entering this RBG or this raid, or struggling finding a server or even paying for it, hope this time will finally get behind us.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fail to see a pressing reason to swap. Almost every guild with even the hint of competitive play has Ventrillo, Teamspeak, Mumble, the Curse client, of even Skype by now.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yea I'll at least give it a chance. It would have to be really convenient to use over curse or discord.

I won't use it in matchmaking unless it is strictly push to talk.
    Last edited by Orangetai420; 2016-03-25 at 02:03 PM.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Nope, I won't have anything to do with it.

Haven't seen a whole lot about it's capabilities. If it allows friends to hop into a channel if they see me online that seems cool.

It would really need to work via LFG and such in order to provide something that Mumble/Discord and the like don't provide already. And I doubt that blizzard will take it that far since 20+ people in a BG or LFR all talking would get a bit crazy.

What wow really needs is a better chatroom system so that I can be in different group chats with different groups of people across all servers like what D3 does with communities.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

I will "use it" to get into PUGs, otherwise i probably wont bother.