Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    again, just to be clear: it is bad reporting. It is not saying people cannot come and work here and earn less. It is saying they are changing the path that this provides to right to abode. This is quite separate from the right to enter and work here.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    You play these stupid fucking semantic word games all the time. You clearly implied that immigrants earning <20K are leeches. Many are not.That is a racist statement. You are a racist. At least have the balls to admit it and stop whining all the time about being called out on what you obviously are.
    Your over triggered mind is short circuiting.

Do you know what that means, short circuiting?

Essentially it's when the flow of electrical current is exposed to and then takes an incorrect path of low resistance resulting in failure.

Your thoughts are the electrical current.
    They have been exposed to a path of race flaming SJWism.
    This path is low information aka low resisitance.
    Thus you fail to draw reasonable conclusion.

Recognizing that it's stupid to import welfare dependents when you have your own citizens to take care of is NOT racism nor will it ever be.

And all bullshit you throw at me won't change that fact.

You think you're tricks are fresh?

You think were not all aware of what human shielding SJWism is?

Come at me again, I can tear into you race flames all day long.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    The data on this is ambiguous. From what I can tell of numerous contradictory sources the truth is:

1) There is a non-existent or relatively minor negative effect of on indigenous wages.
    2) There is a small reduction in prices.

Both of these things don't really matter that much. They are quite insignifcant compared to, say, the effect of central bank money-printing on prices. That's really fucking the working class over. Conservative governments like to talk about immigration so that working class people think the decline in living standards is down to immigrants. It isn't: it is almost entirely down to the greed of the banks.
    Well whoop-de-doo, the issue IS about greedy plutarchs and politicians whoring themselves out for money. It isn't helping that immigration is artificially inflating the workforce. The larger it is, the more employers can cherrypick their labour. There's always someone more desperate.

Besides, what conservative governments? It's the other way around - all we have are these liberal little shits screaming about whatever they do. Tends to involve a lot of racism towards their own countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Booting people out who are a drain on society?

Fuckkk yeeaaaaaaaa it's a good idea!
    A drain? really? These people are those putting more into the economy and tax receipts than anyone. You know they also don't get free NHS treatment either? They can't claim any benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    People who have jobs that could be given to a native person. Why should a country take in a bunch of leeches (even if working they are still using NHS and other benefits). Just because someone wants to immigrate doesnt mean they should be allowed to.

I just wish the US had the balls to do this too
    When the salaries are that high, and they're employing a non-EU citizen to do it; it generally means that there wasn't an EU citizen who'd applied and was good enough as the extra costs, documentation and work involved make it even less worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Riiiight becaus that would be me wouldn't it haha.

No worries I know you're playing.

/highfive
    I usually am, which is why I feel even when I disagree with many here, I know you know.

/highfive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    That's what I thought too, but it kind of makes sense. Why bring in an "unskilled worker" from another part of the world if one of your nationals can do the job?
    A £35K salary is not that of an unskilled worker. Hell, a £25k salary isn't unskilled either, it's base management rates.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's what I thought too, but it kind of makes sense. Why bring in an "unskilled worker" from another part of the world if one of your nationals can do the job?

Sounds to me like the policy is in place with a racist agenda though, kind of a "Kick out the browns" with a threshold high enough to ensure it happens, even for people like teachers, whom will probably come in just under the proper amount.

All that aside, I kind of agree that countries shouldn't be taking in more and more people, especially unskilled workers, if they have any sort of unemployment crisis in their country.
    It´s kind of impressive how unskilled foreigners are able to get work while there´s an unemployment crisis in your country.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    It´s kind of impressive how unskilled foreigners are able to get work while there´s an unemployment crisis in your country.
    Course, course unemployment crisis baseless facts thrown out to support arguments.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34526655

15+ Year Old Account
    Recognizing that it's stupid to import welfare dependents when you have your own citizens to take care of is NOT racism nor will it ever be.
    You´re aware that the line here is who makes under $50.000 a year. They sure are welfare dependants.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Release View Post
    Course, course unemployment crisis baseless facts thrown out to support arguments.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34526655
    Well, that and other things was my point, should´ve added the /s or
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Emmigration12345 View Post
    Fantastic news.

With all these immigrants gone, not only does it free the NHS up to employing natives, it also cuts the NHS bill by £1 billion per year because.....this is how much immigrants cost the NHS.

Dailymail.co.uk/health/article-185768/Sickly-immigrants-add-1bn-NHS-bill.html
    Ah the Daily Mail! That pariah of journalistic integrity and the bastion of UK national truth!

10+ Year Old Account
    Fantastic news.

With all these immigrants gone, not only does it free the NHS up to employing natives, it also cuts the NHS bill by £1 billion per year because.....this is how much immigrants cost the NHS.

Dailymail.co.uk/health/article-185768/Sickly-immigrants-add-1bn-NHS-bill.html
    Non-EU migrants don't get free treatment.

Sounds to me like the policy is in place with a racist agenda though, kind of a "Kick out the browns" with a threshold high enough to ensure it happens, even for people like teachers, whom will probably come in just under the proper amount.

All that aside, I kind of agree that countries shouldn't be taking in more and more people, especially unskilled workers, if they have any sort of unemployment crisis in their country.
    Nothing to do with racism, there's a ton of Polish and other east Europeans... i.e. - White folks, that are taking a lot of the low end jobs.

I assume the number is chosen as a break even point for being a net benefit to the UK. It seems high, but once you take off personal allowance you will end up paying around £8000 tax and NI, which seems a reasonable average that a person might "cost" the country (schools, roads, etc). Personally I think this is too high and too arbitrary, surely great (Eg) schoolteachers earning 25K are worth keeping irrelevant of their cost to society?

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    People who have jobs that could be given to a native person. Why should a country take in a bunch of leeches (even if working they are still using NHS and other benefits). Just because someone wants to immigrate doesnt mean they should be allowed to.

I just wish the US had the balls to do this too
    If you in work you are by definition not leeching benefits, because you are paying taxes. And this new rule means you have to be earning 50% higher than the national average income to stay (unless you are a medical professional).

10+ Year Old Account

Bbc.co.uk/news/business-34526655

You realise this is because of Conservative policies right?

Trusting the Conservatives with immigration laws will see this improving statistic improve even further.

Thanks for highlighting how centre right wing ideology is dramatically improving England.
    Even though they missed target after target of eminently achievable goals via other policies. It's pretty much accepted at this point that Conservative policy is ideological in terms of austerity, and actually led to worse results than would have happened than if they'd stuck with the original plans made by the previous government.

It also doesn't account for the stagnation of wage growth, that means people are working now for less money than they were 7 years ago. - I don't know which part of that particular nugget is suggesting things are improving. Overall productivity is also down. The Conservatives have created a cheaper, but much less effective and rewarded workforce.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2016-03-25 at 01:41 PM.

Good. Either you kick the leeches or you end the welfare state, but you can't have both.
    Inb4 the usual degenerates crying 'racism', 'bigot' or 'islamophobe'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just come to the U.S. It's cooler over here

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daws001 View Post
    Just come to the U.S. It's cooler over here
    Interestingly enough, it's Americans and Australians who are going to be the largest groups hit by this.

- - - Updated - - -

Since 1 new immigrant doesn't create 1 new job position, classroom position, house, food supply, NHS spot, the drain on society exists whether they are in work or not.

1 new working immigrant doesn't create infrastructure for 1 new person.

Past a certain point it is a net drain on society regardless of whether they pay tax or not.
    It's not a net drain though, they're massive net contributors to the UK economy.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's a shame that not even in the UK Teachers still can't get the respect they deserve.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    It's a shame that not even in the UK Teachers still can't get the respect they deserve.
    The UK's right has been fighting a 30 year campaign against the public sector; particularly targeting the skilled workers it employs, branding Teachers as 'having loads of holidays and only working 9-3:30', Doctors as 'overpaid, selfish and greedy not wanting to work weekends', and Nursing as a menial skillset one step above janitor.

Then they go back to Parliament, take pay rises far above the level of inflation and tell us the country needs to pay to get and retain the best people to do the job.