Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How does kissing and sex scenes work for some actors?

Some that are married doing sex or kissing scenes in movies. How do their partners feel about them getting intimate with someone else? Do they have a say in it? Is there like a code that they follow or something? Or is it a contractual agreement?

I guess they would have to get married to mature people who are capable of grasping that it's just part of the job and doesn't mean anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stand ins and good editing. Or they cgi all the naughty bits

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Some that are married doing sex or kissing scenes in movies. How do their partners feel about them getting intimate with someone else? Do they have a say in it? Is there like a code that they follow or something? Or is it a contractual agreement?
    I was asking these kinds of questions when i was like 8? You don't just get married to random people and then start to complain... you have to accept who they are and what their job is before you get married.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    I guess they would have to get married to mature people who are capable of grasping that it's just part of the job and doesn't mean anything.
    Yup. They either have to accept that fact that they are going to be having fake sex with someone or making out with someone or they can leave. Seeing as how no actor broke up for these reasons I'd say they're mature enough to know it's only an act.

I'll admit though that if it was me watching my actor girlfriend/wife making out with another guy or having sex with another guy in a movie I'd feel a little uncomfortable so I'd probably not watch it. Which is probably what some do. Then again as actors they're probably totally unphased by it. Just another day at work for them.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2016-03-25 at 03:36 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    It is their job as actors, their partner just have to deal with it. Also they are acting, they don't have to feel intimate with each other. You can even google and watch behind the scene when they do sex scenes, it is not really that "sexy" as is appears in movies, it looks quite akward.

Don't think their partners care when they see they paycheck.

It's really not even sexual in the slightest. There's maybe a dozen people standing around them and telling them what to do and there's the giant cameras and lights up in their face and not to mention they aren't even actually naked most of the time, they're wearing skin colored suits. No one in the industry gives a shit because it's as fake as it gets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Stand ins and good editing. Or they cgi all the naughty bits
    Not everytime. I do believe that in the sex scene in Wolf of Wall street Margot Robbie was naked and on top of DiCaprio. But yeah like all the nudety scenes in GoT then use standins and paste the actors face on them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Don't think their partners care when they see they paycheck.
    Not every actor gets million of dollars for each movie. Some barley get any.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    Not everytime. I do believe that in the sex scene in Wolf of Wall street Margot Robbie was naked and on top of DiCaprio. But yeah like all the nudety scenes in GoT then use standins and paste the actors face on them.
    I was just talking about the people who aren't comfortable with being nude on camera/sex scenes. Plenty of actors just do it themselves

Deleted
    rosie o donnal sex scene :P

kissing is no big deal and the sex is simulated - NEXT

Most times when you hear or read about an actor in these scenes, talk about how un-romantic it is. The production and set people, the constant "move here, touch there" and all that shit. I mean, with that being said, if I were Blake Lively, i'd be pretty annoyed with hot ass Olivia Wilde all over my mans... and then Inara... and and and....
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    They kiss..and it gets filmed. All part of acting. If you feel their kiss was intimate, that means they are good actors.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    kissing is no big deal and the sex is simulated - NEXT
    Yeah I mean the positioning during sex scenes is pretty laughable at times.

I'll believe actors are monogamous when pigs fly. Being that they're constantly cheating on each other anyway, who really gives a shit about the on-screen stuff?

There's a hundred thousand stories of random actor/actress X leaving their spouse for somebody they met while making a movie. It never meant much anyway.

Because it's ultimately its just kissing and dry humping. It's all about self-control and prioritizing.
    I've set up auditions where a male actor and female actor who don't know each other would kiss when its needed in a scene. For the most part, most of them would go for it while others would just kiss on the cheek.

Reminds me of Everybody Loves Raymond. Ray Romano chose Patricia Heaton after auditioning hundreds of women because she was supposedly the only one that kiss him on the lips.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are professionals and it's acting. It's hardly intimate off camera like Al Pacino isn't actually a raging coke head. Most of the time it's so unnatural and awkward that the players are completely turned off by one another. A lot of sex scenes involve special underwear and patches to keep uglies from bumping together. Nowadays you can use body doubles, props, and good old CGI.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Aldo pretty sure actors had real sex back in the day when shooting films.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Aldo pretty sure actors had real sex back in the day when shooting films.
    Most of those actors were located in the San Fernando Valley back in those days