Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    No. Go read the OP. I'm asking for the opposite of rushing it.

If ranked is not finished, DO NOT RELEASE THE GAME.
    I don't think enough players care about ranked to the extent where the game would need a delay. Getting ranked into the game a few weeks after launch would certainly not bother the majority.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    Umm, every WoW expansion has done that with PvP seasons. It's not a bad thing, it allows people a grace period to warm up and learn a new game. In WoW's case it was to re-learn whatever the spec of the week was =p
    Yeah hadn't even thought of this. Would be a shame to start ranked in the first week and absolutely demolish people that weren't in the beta. Honestly I'm not even looking forward to the first few weeks of launch since even casual games will be completely one sided if you have at least 2 players with experience.

Release a proper ranked mode or don't release the game at all.
    Ranking systems are not the raison d'etre for this game. I for one give zero tosses about ranks.

No. Go read the OP. I'm asking for the opposite of rushing it.

If ranked is not finished, DO NOT RELEASE THE GAME.
    Please don't delay the game for something that could easily be patched in and I couldn't care less about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

2 months until release still no ranked mode, still no substantive info about ranked mode.

PTR patches get more testing than this.

Unless ranked mode starts getting testing like right now, the release should be delayed until it's ready.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you should e-mail Blizzard and tell them that. I would love to see what type of answer they'll give you. If I had to guess, ''Calm down you'll get it eventually so you can never see your name in the Top 100'', but in a nicer way of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    2 months until release still no ranked mode, still no substantive info about ranked mode.

Unless ranked mode starts getting testing like right now, the release should be delayed until it's ready.
    Uhm, no.
    /10chars

Let me guess... OP got a beta pass and some practice in unlike everyone else, and wants the game to release with ranked so he'll be at an advantage over everyone.

just to note, some of the achievements say "during quick play or competitive matches"

Deleted
    Dude rank matches gonna be such **** since you cant really carry your games. Everything will be depening so much on your team and matchmaking that soloq experience in ranked match will be horrible. Beta forums alredy filling up with post where people complain about matchmaking system but true reason why they have this bad experience is becouse you cant carry in this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Dude rank matches gonna be such **** since you cant really carry your games. Everything will be depening so much on your team and matchmaking that soloq experience in ranked match will be horrible. Beta forums alredy filling up with post where people complain about matchmaking system but true reason why they have this bad experience is becouse you cant carry in this game.
    Beta forums filling up?
    Thats odd, heres a link to the beta forums and only a single MM thread with a meager 9 replies on the first page. http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/21446649/
    How do you define "filling up"?

Want to know how to tell if someone knows nothing about Overwatch? They say stupid shit like "you cant carry in this game" or "Beta forums filling up with MM tears". Play the game before you make stupid comments. /facepalm
    MM is not that bad and yes, you certainly can carry a team in Overwatch. Let us know when you get to atleast level 25.
    Last edited by Beazy; 2016-03-25 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Seeing as Ranked will most likely be restricted to pre-made teams of 6 players, you won't have to carry randoms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners

And every time League of Legends seasons end and ranked is not up, that game should shut down it servers as well. Fuck logic!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Seeing as Ranked will most likely be restricted to pre-made teams of 6 players, you won't have to carry randoms.
    I certainly hope that they release a Solo Que only Ranked mode.

Frankly they shouldn't be in a situation where the choice is between "rushing" a Ranked Mode and not having one ready for release. This game is being built from the ground up to be a competitively viable esport. If they don't have a Ranked Mode then that dies in the ass, really fast. A Ranked Mode shouldn't be an extra they add as soon as they can, it should be one of the core pillars of development. The game cannot ever be put in the situation it's currently in where one of those pillars is a "maybe".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I doubt that, they'll almost certainly have a solo/duo queue system. I know I don't have 5 friends I can play with regularly and am not even vaguely interested in roflstomping randoms every game, that gets old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Rank mode immediately on launch day seems to soon actual. Give people some time to familiarize themselves to the game and get on a more even setting before you start. Not everyone is in the beta to practice.

i agreed with this. ranked imo should come out 2-3 months after the game has launch. plenty of time for everyone to lvl up, get some cool stuff and get familiar with many of the hero class to play with.

Deleted
    The WoW PVP season thing is not a valid point. At the end of a season, you get an achievement +/ reward depending on how high your arena rating is. The ones with the best (highest) get the title Gladiator and a mount. What's there to get in OW? So far, there has been no word on it. Saying it shouldn't be there because "People could get rekt" would be like saying "Global Offensive shouldn't have had Comp games at launch because noobs were rekt."

I'm pretty sure Hearthstone didn't even release with a spectator mode.

Hey everyone,

We worked extremely hard to get Competitive Play in the game for Closed Beta. We've been reading feedback from the community and taking it all to heart. As a result, we've temporarily disabled Competitive Play for Open Beta so that we can rework the system and make it better.

Our plan is to bring back a newly re-designed version of Competitive Play sometime after Overwatch launches.

Thanks for all of the feedback, and thank you for being patient with us while we work to improve the game!

Source: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overw...ic/20743634851
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Told you so.

Less than 2 months before release they dump this turd progression system onto the beta which is purported to be a competitive system. Everyone is rightly dissatisfied with this grind-for-ranks system, which is not a competitive system, but they still claim it is a competitive system. And as I said, PTR patches get more testing than this. So with no time left to fix this major fuck-up they are forced to yank this progression-masquerading-as-competitive system, which no one likes, from the beta and from release and to redesign it.

This unpreparedness is embarrassing. It is a complete mess. The planning that went into this is more amateur than a typical PTR cycle.

So when will competitive be ready? Based on what's happening in Heroes of the Storm, we could be well into Mid 2017 and STILL have no competitive system in Overwatch. If you look at SC2, they've had no accurate ranking system for almost 6 years, and it's supposed to be fixed later this year, so worse case scenario Overwatch's competitive system might only be satisfactorily up and running in Mid 2022.
    Last edited by paralleluniverse; 2016-05-03 at 02:10 PM.

yea but imma still buy it tho cuz the early beta/this beta are fun even without that rankin system sooooooooooooooooooooooo biig deal???

10+ Year Old Account
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Told you so.

Less than 2 months before release they dump this turd progression system onto the beta which is purported to be a competitive system. Everyone is rightly dissatisfied with this grind-for-ranks system, which is not a competitive system, but they still claim it is a competitive system. And as I said, PTR patches get more testing than this. So with no time left to fix this major fuck-up they are forced to yank this progression-masquerading-as-competitive system, which no one likes, from the beta and from release and to redesign it.

This unpreparedness is embarrassing. It is a complete mess. The planning that went into this is more amateur than a typical PTR cycle.

So when will competitive be ready? Based on what's happening in Heroes of the Storm, we could be well into Mid 2017 and STILL have no competitive system in Overwatch. If you look at SC2, they've had no accurate ranking system for almost 6 years, and it's supposed to be fixed later this year, so worse case scenario Overwatch's competitive system might only be satisfactorily up and running in Mid 2022.
    ... You didn't tell us anything Kapp didn't say the day competitive mode was released. He specifically stated that it would be brought down to make improvements and would not be playable on release. On more than one occasion. This has been common knowledge since before competitive mode went live.

Time for you to invest in a better crystal ball.
    Last edited by Beazy; 2016-05-03 at 02:18 PM.