Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I've been melting Joanna like crazy on the PTR, like damn.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Deleted
    Soo is flamestrike spec back in? Living bomb was such a boring period for Kael.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post
    Soo is flamestrike spec back in? Living bomb was such a boring period for Kael.
    Nah, I have been going this build. He can do insane damage and you never have to worry about mana.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Nah, I have been going this build. He can do insane damage and you never have to worry about mana.
    So more of an auto-attack build? Can't say I am a fan, if you are taking Mana Addict I don't see why you need Mana Tap or arcane power, and taking Sunfire Enchantment without Twin Sphere's seems like a waste.

I felt like full Flamestrike is the best option, for some reason I can't get into games to test it out. BTW can someone confirm Fury of the Sunwell for me? All the calcs say 1.5 seconds to the 2nd strike but the patch notes in the link say it was reduced to .5 seconds. Pretty important for the flamestrike build. Depending on your heals/tanks and ability to not die/your lane, Convection in a full Flamestrike build would be silly damage. Tossing out double Flamestrikes on Cd doing craptons of dmg and 8% health if you catch 2 (or things like Misha/copy it should happen a lot) while being able to keep a fair distance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    So more of an auto-attack build? Can't say I am a fan, if you are taking Mana Addict I don't see why you need Mana Tap or arcane power, and taking Sunfire Enchantment without Twin Sphere's seems like a waste.

I felt like full Flamestrike is the best option, for some reason I can't get into games to test it out. BTW can someone confirm Fury of the Sunwell for me? All the calcs say 1.5 seconds to the 2nd strike but the patch notes in the link say it was reduced to .5 seconds. Pretty important for the flamestrike build. Depending on your heals/tanks and ability to not die/your lane, Convection in a full Flamestrike build would be silly damage. Tossing out double Flamestrikes on Cd doing craptons of dmg and 8% health if you catch 2 (or things like Misha/copy it should happen a lot) while being able to keep a fair distance.
    If I don't go Mana Tap, I would go Energy Roll. I go Arcane Power, because I go Pyroblast. Twin is okay, but Sun King is pretty nice. And yes it is .5 seconds. Arcane power should increase the damage to Sunfire damage.

Conviction really is not worth it, you have to play way too careful. People tend to know how to avoid Flamestrike.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    The single best part about this patch: HotS will flash if the game finishes loading while tabbed. I've had so many teammates or enemies afk for the first 5 minutes because they 'didn't notice'

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollShaman View Post
    The single best part about this patch: HotS will flash if the game finishes loading while tabbed. I've had so many teammates or enemies afk for the first 5 minutes because they 'didn't notice'
    The amount of afk'ers had me reconsider the last time I was about to spend cash. They really need better, quicker and more robust afk sanctions.

nb. Kerrigan bug has her at 57% WR in masters...

Quote Originally Posted by TrollShaman View Post
    like a little window at the corner of your screen?

because HotS does flash on my taskbar, but it also flashes when someone posts something in chat
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    nb. Kerrigan bug has her at 57% WR in masters...
    How telling is it that even with the bug, which is insane, she's still not the best hero in the game!
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    The amount of afk'ers had me reconsider the last time I was about to spend cash. They really need better, quicker and more robust afk sanctions.
    Apparently AFKers get kicked quicker at the start of the game too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    How telling is it that even with the bug, which is insane, she's still not the best hero in the game!
    Honestly, I am actually hoping that Blizzard do not "fix" this. Kerrigan isn't even super popular and seeing builds like these being viable is actually what I think more Heroes need to make for more exciting plays. This is what an Assassin is supposed to do and it is not even as ridiculous as a Li-Ming wiping a team because of one death starting a snowball because of her trait (which honestly needs to have a cooldown).

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Honestly, I am actually hoping that Blizzard do not "fix" this. Kerrigan isn't even super popular and seeing builds like these being viable is actually what I think more Heroes need to make for more exciting plays. This is what an Assassin is supposed to do and it is not even as ridiculous as a Li-Ming wiping a team because of one death starting a snowball because of her trait (which honestly needs to have a cooldown).
    It's confirmed fixed in the patch. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    It's confirmed fixed in the patch. :/
    Freaking darn it. =/

The tooltip for Illidan's W Sweeping strike in the PTR is this: Dash towards target point, dealing 119 damage to enemies along the way. Enemy heroes hit increase your Basic Attacks damage by 35% for 3 seconds.

Illidan's W currently in the live game reads like this: Dashes toward target point, dealing 70 (+10 per level) damage to enemies along the way. If Illidan hits an enemy, his Basic Attacks do 35% more damage for 4 seconds.

This is a really important change that a lot of people seem to have overlooked. You have to hit a hero to get any damage boost. This hurts his ability to clear minions and mercenary camps as effectively as before, as well as siege buildings. In my opinion, Illidan is just too slow at taking camps in the early game now unless he takes immolation (which is a fair nerf). It's important to realize this when taking other W-based talents like Thirsting blade.
    Yes, stepping in to confirm that this is just a tooltip error on the PTR. We're aware and will fix it as soon as we can. Thanks for the reports!
    Ok I was actually worried about this. But holy shit so Sweeping Strikes is staying roughly the same (3 sec instead of 4 true) but works on all units not just heroes like it does now, but they decided to double his healing from AAs? Holy shit Illidan is about to be silly again. Soloing boss easy now? I'm thinking so.
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

Ok I was actually worried about this. But holy shit so Sweeping Strikes is staying roughly the same (3 sec instead of 4 true) but works on all units not just heroes like it does now, but they decided to double his healing from AAs? Holy shit Illidan is about to be silly again. Soloing boss easy now? I'm thinking so.
    This is good to hear, i noticed that change to W and was a bit peeved they'd nerf it in such a ridiculous way, glad it's just error.

Overall super excited for this patch! Sylvanas does seem a bit dodgy but I'll be trying that MC anyway.
    Still salty over cold embrace nerf
    Quote Originally Posted by Health View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thereign View Post
    Besides, you don't gain any knowledge of a useful spec if you level as BM
    When you're asleep, me and an enchancement shaman are gonna enter your room and beastcleave you to tears.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, the build is actually broken. By endgame, a Kerrigan with this build can happily dive into a 1v5 clump and kill everyone unless she's CC-trained, and come out of it with almost full HP due to constant Ravages and sooooooo much shields.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

It works on everything now already. Doubling the healing from his AA was pretty necessary considering he's losing first aid, stoneskin and shadow shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    It works on everything now already. Doubling the healing from his AA was pretty necessary considering he's losing first aid, stoneskin and shadow shield.
    True but they are buffing his health, making evasion longer, and making it far easier to get evasion back (as well as letting you spec dive range and to teammates without losing crucial talents). I think he is going to be much stronger, if you spec thirsting blade at 7 I don't see how he couldn't solo boss easily. The metamorph lvl 10 nerf for no atk speed increase is rough but the lvl 20 version evens out only 10% atk speed worse so we will see; I might actually have to use hunt now.

Still stoked for his changes; he lost some solo-survivability with stoneskin/first aid but he is going to wreck face I think.

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    That feeling when you're already a good Tychus player. *evil laugh*
    Seriously. I have a 62% win rate with him, one of my highest and most played heroes. I didn't even think he was all that bad TBH but giving him buffs is awesome for me.
    Last edited by Hand Banana; 2016-03-28 at 11:57 PM.

True but they are buffing his health, making evasion longer, and making it far easier to get evasion back (as well as letting you spec dive range and to teammates without losing crucial talents). I think he is going to be much stronger, if you spec thirsting blade at 7 I don't see how he couldn't solo boss easily. The metamorph lvl 10 nerf for no atk speed increase is rough but the lvl 20 version evens out only 10% atk speed worse so we will see; I might actually have to use hunt now.

Still stoked for his changes; he lost some solo-survivability with stoneskin/first aid but he is going to wreck face I think.
    Oh, I have no doubt he will be (much) stronger than before, it's just that to me the healing increase kind of makes sense since they took some of his shielding/healing away by removing his old talents.

I don't really mind if he can solo boss or not, there's more heroes that can do it and often it's too risky to do regardless.

having just played and lost a HL game against this disgusting build, thank god they are fixing it - i'm all for kerrigan being viable again (and think making fury of the swarm a baseline part of her trait for waveclear + doubling her shield strength would be a good place to start) but not by one assassin being able to teamwipe uncoordianted HL opponents at will from level 13 onwards unless chain stunned to death