Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    They haven't even fixed the current updated model bugs. Godawful male blood elf face, no animation for sitting female nelfs blood elf girls freeze when sitting for too long stretched skin on troll models foot bugs male undead hair etc.
    They added the female night elves' eyelashes back in Legion...
    But literally everything else they seem to be outright ignoring. When they were asked about the nelf eyelashes in particular, they said they didn't even notice they were missing, despite the hundreds of threads out there talking about the models' bugs (and that was one of the most talked about issues).

Another thing is they didn't add the new, completed hairstyles that they made for all the races. That makes me sad because some of them are neat. (Also they showed one for the fem nelf off in artcraft. :C )

But regardless, both worgen are buggy messes with practically static, poorly animated faces in part to their non-neutral expressions and lack of detailed facial bones (they have them, it's just nowhere NEAR the amount of bones the new models have). Both need to bring up to snuff. Despite being completed after the goblins, they actually manage to look leagues behind them.

IMO the art direction for the male worgen doesn't need to change. However, the female's does.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    But regardless, both worgen are buggy messes with practically static, poorly animated faces in part to their non-neutral expressions and lack of detailed facial bones (they have them, it's just nowhere NEAR the amount of bones the new models have). Both need to bring up to snuff. Despite being completed after the goblins, they actually manage to look leagues behind them.
    Being completed after the goblins probably hurt them more than helped. The worgen models, especially the females, were rushed out after they scrapped the alpha models. The males didn't change much, so they were still mostly okay (just very few bones in the face, basically the same as the Vanilla races) but of course females ended up being a horrible mess since they were almost literally added at the last minute and had no time to test or modify them before release.

Quote Originally Posted by brothernads View Post
    Guys, they revealed the new Worgen model last night!

Improvement lol!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope so, but my problem is that I want goblins to be "updated" only, I LOVE how they look. Worgen males need similar updating, and bug fixing. The females though, I want them to be completely gutted and made from scratch. There is no model I hate more. I'd rather play the old human males over a worgen female. And they wont, because there are people who like the model as it is, and they can't ruin it for large swathes of people. Even though they already did.

Maybe I'm just super super cynical.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

15+ Year Old Account
    I think that ship has sailed. Female worgen will forever look like they're on drugs.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

It's funny how nice genn looks now as a human in legion only to shift into that lesser model. also highly doubt it.

Yea right. Blizzard never works on more than they have to. And besides, if they do indeed update the goblins and the worgen it will be during the next expansion after Legion and it will probably be one of the expansion "features".

7+ Year Old Account
    Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but at the time of goblins + worgen being implemented, weren't they Blizzard's first shot at making updated character models? I remember pandaren being the first of their highly edited models, and I think Worgen + Goblins were on par on those Pandaren models BEFORE Warlords of Draenor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FunctionalSTR View Post
    Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but at the time of goblins + worgen being implemented, weren't they Blizzard's first shot at making updated character models? I remember pandaren being the first of their highly edited models, and I think Worgen + Goblins were on par on those Pandaren models BEFORE Warlords of Draenor.
    They had Cataclysm-level textures and model quality, but they were built like the Vanilla races were. Pandaren were the first to start using more animation bones for smoother animations and greater variety of animations, especially in the face (worgen faces barely animate at all).

Worgens are ugly by itself, not that they need new models.

So no I don't think they will get new models.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbzyo View Post
    I wonder... with Hots' new 3 heroes, one being Greymane (which has a brand new worgen model), is it wrong to expect an updated worgen model (+why not goblin) during Legion?

Worgen and Goblin are the only ones left to be updated (even tho' they were better looking in comparision with the classics at the time Cata launched) and they promised they will take a look at them too at some point.
    I do not know if I overextend but even in Hots they have used (or mostly based on) models that were already in wow.

Greymane worgen model from Hots looks awesome tbh and I was wondering if this really is a possibility. Might even say job is half done with some little twitching.
    Also I heard that during blizzcon it was mentioned that Gilneas will have some cameo and its story will get a bit more of attention (some internal conflicts between pure gilnean and bitten ones) ~ correct me if mistaken.

Does anyone else has info scrappd out from the internet/ blizzcon about this possibility?

**The model can be seen here: https://youtu.be/bCC1E1M8BcM?t=1m26s
    Pretty much everything mentioning a HotS model is completely irrelevant.

Greymane's Model is made with armor textures baked on, as it is only meant to be used by Greymane. It also lacks the skeleton to perform several of WoW's animations, It's also scaled to be used in a MOBA/RTS environment, not an RPG, meaning it would be ludicrously small in WoW (probably the size of a Battle Pet) And likely would not scale up well.

So, while I think Goblin/Worgen remakes will happen at some point, it probably won't be during Legion, and HotS model isn't really "half done", closer to maybe 2-3% done.
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    It is pretty funny that the HotS Worgen model is better than the WoW model.
    Gee, I wonder why! Hots, doesn't have raids, dungeons, or a fraction of a percentage of the number of monsters in WoW. Almost all the work done by their artists goes into playable characters and their skins. It would be shocking if HoTS didn't look better than WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    Look at the old world - now look at worgens/goblins.

In short, there are many many MANY much more dated elements that need updating long before worgen and goblins. Both of which are not bad by any standard. The trees in the old world for eg, quite literally look like cardboard cutout props from a bad tv set.
    Those trees don't follow us wherever we go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Sand View Post
    I'd love to play a (male) worgen warlock, but with their casting animation as it is.. yeah lol, that's not gonna happen
    Who the hell in Blizzard thought those flailing arms were a good idea? What drug were they on??

The feral, terrifying WEREWOLVES of WoW.. are a joke when casting spells. That's... something alright.
    That's what Blizzard thinks of when they think of werewolves; a bulky fluffball whose mouth can't close, standing there flailing their arms like madmen.. like MADMEN!!!

Oh my, worgen animations... they really could use an update.

I'm laughing but it isn't funny
    I like their casting animations. They remind me of the classic Worgen. Creepy finger gestures..

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    Look at the old world - now look at worgens/goblins.

In short, there are many many MANY much more dated elements that need updating long before worgen and goblins. Both of which are not bad by any standard. The trees in the old world for eg, quite literally look like cardboard cutout props from a bad tv set.
    Playable races/models take precedent over other models. Yeah, there are some background elements that are pretty dated by WoD standards, but to say that the Worgen and Goblin models are "not bad by any standard" (especially the female Worgen) is stretching a bit.

7+ Year Old Account
    The devs already said that Worgen would have their lore expanded so I don't see why they wouldn't try to update their models as well.
    Not to mention that Greymane is supreme commander now, and having the Alliance's leading race possessing one of the most obnoxious models in the game isn't quite appropriate. I wonder though if the new Gilnean Warhorse might be a hint at something.
    Worgen hard, or hardly worgen?

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty much like we are currently down two races in the game. Sure you can technically play them, but all the other races have shiny new models. Do they really think I'll pick a shitty, vanilla-esque model over one of the new ones? Because I won't.

Maybe they just regret adding these races in Cataclysm and this is the sneaky way to make them irrelevant.

If Worgens were getting updated models in Legion, it would have been one of the listed features like how the updated models were for Warlords of Draenor. At the least, we would have heard about it by now (which we have not).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    If Worgens were getting updated models in Legion, it would have been one of the listed features like how the updated models were for Warlords of Draenor. At the least, we would have heard about it by now (which we have not).
    You never know, though my point still stands.
    They could be insecure about it considering the controversy surrounding them, perhaps they could be added later in the beta or a patch.
    Last edited by RoutinelyWorgen; 2016-05-13 at 09:24 PM.
    Worgen hard, or hardly worgen?