Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilla Blomma View Post
    The fuck? So you actually hope people would burn alive?
    was a joke, an off colored one. but regardless i just mean the syrians that keep destroying their own refugee centres, pissing on graves, raping women and children, littering and murdering other refugees.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    was a joke, an off colored one. but regardless i just mean the syrians that keep destroying their own refugee centres, pissing on graves, raping women and children, littering and murdering other refugees.
    Please just stop.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    http://www.thelocal.se/20160325/futu...d-arson-attack

A former playschool in the town of Åkers that was scheduled to be used as an asylum centre caught fire early Friday morning. Police have stated the fire is likely to have been started deliberately.
    Seems like it's going to start again, been some stuff lately in the news again. :l

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    If it was the US I would guess some homeless people moved in got cold, lit a fire and things got out of control. Do things like that happen in Sweden?
    We have very few actual homeless people, most "homeless" still own some shitty apartment given to them by the state. Some don't use it, but we don't have many of the "traditional" sleeping outside people.

On topic. For the people talking about this as an isolated incident. Stop right there, this is a one of many refugee homes set on fire in Sweden. The Swedish Democrats (anti immigration) posted a list of refugee homes autumn last year in the midst of these fires. Imagine thinking burning down the homes will solve anything, it just makes it all worse, literal idiots.

7+ Year Old Account
    When governments refuse to listen to their citizens, that sort of thing is inevitable.
    "There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through out political and culture life, nutured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" —Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Child of Curiosity View Post
    http://www.thelocal.se/20160325/futu...d-arson-attack

Seems like it's going to start again, been some stuff lately in the news again. :l
    Souls of blasphemy, hear a haunting chant
    We are a blaze in the Northern sky
    The next thousand years are ours
    No one should be surprised at this happening again, or happening at all.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it's not xenophobia. it's wanting people to go through the process to come into the US.

there's a process for a reason.

taking in thousands of refugees will just lead to trouble, and especially when they refuse to integrate.
    I have to wonder if people who demand the process be followed even know what it entails, and just why everyone is saying it's broken.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I have to wonder if people who demand the process be followed even know what it entails, and just why everyone is saying it's broken.
    So if you don't like the system, just break the law?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    So if you don't like the system, just break the law?
    Fix the law*

Just too bad the Republicants don't like that.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Fix the law*

Just too bad the Republicants don't like that.
    You had a super majority for two years. You could have passed whatever you wanted.

15+ Year Old Account
    You had a super majority for two years. You could have passed whatever you wanted.
    I guess people forgot there were other things (and yes, other than the ACA too) that were higher priority at the time. Also at the time, the Republicants were vocally supportive of fixing the immigration system. But it turned out to be the same kind of initial support that they had for the ACA, turns to sour obstructionism when the time comes to get to work.

But again, we can't expect Republicans to do their job.

Hey, the next time you go into your job (or once you get a job) tell your employer you're not going to do your job and see how it works out.

/golfclap

Well done...well done...

And now even more money is going to be spent in rebuilding the shelters. Congrats on such an accomplishment!

I guess people forgot there were other things (and yes, other than the ACA too) that were higher priority at the time. Also at the time, the Republicants were vocally supportive of fixing the immigration system. But it turned out to be the same kind of initial support that they had for the ACA, turns to sour obstructionism when the time comes to get to work.

But again, we can't expect Republicans to do their job.

Hey, the next time you go into your job (or once you get a job) tell your employer you're not going to do your job and see how it works out.
    It was a huge blunder by them to start right in with ACA. They should have went in and passed every single bill the democrats were all in agreement on, on the first day. Wasting a super majority on an issue they still had to debate and negotiate on within their own party is just political malpractice.

Since I'm not a fanboi of either party, lets get real here. There is one reason, and one reason only that immigration reform will never happen. The reason is that Democrats will never accept the illegals being allowed to stay, but being made to wait their turn to become full citizens, and Republicans will never allow blanket amnesty that creates millions of new voters for the opposition. It's that simple. It has nothing to do with being nice to foreigners or any of that nonsense. One side wants new voters, the other doesn't want that to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol Scratch View Post
    When governments refuse to listen to their citizens, that sort of thing is inevitable.
    No wonder they don't listen to the citizens, the citizens are shitty.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

15+ Year Old Account
    It was a huge blunder by them to start right in with ACA. They should have went in and passed every single bill the democrats were all in agreement on, on the first day. Wasting a super majority on an issue they still had to debate and negotiate on within their own party is just political malpractice.
    Bills don't pass in a day, they're drafted over a period of time. This is why it was such a joke when people said no one read the ACA before it was passed, because it had been in deliberation for MONTHS and was even available to the public online.

Since I'm not a fanboi of either party, lets get real here. There is one reason, and one reason only that immigration reform will never happen. The reason is that Democrats will never accept the illegals being allowed to stay, but being made to wait their turn to become full citizens, and Republicans will never allow blanket amnesty that creates millions of new voters for the opposition. It's that simple. It has nothing to do with being nice to foreigners or any of that nonsense. One side wants new voters, the other doesn't want that to happen.
    The Republicans could gain big points among the hispanic vote by dropping the hispanophobia, considering they're very devoutly catholic. They could very easily play on that religious vote and gain a huge number of voters... But in usual republican fashion, they took their heavy rhetoric, that immigrants were bad, and instead of swallowing their pride on that just dug their heels (and heads) into the sand and doubled down.

For Democrats it's not solely about the votes, it's not even majority about votes. Our immigration system is a mess, and needs to be fixed. The most ironic part is that there's a large number of people who managed to make it through that system who then don't want it to be any easier for anyone else, because dammit they had it hard so everyone else should as well!

But in usual republican fashion, they took their heavy rhetoric, that immigrants were bad, and instead of swallowing their pride on that just dug their heels (and heads) into the sand and doubled down.

!
    I never see anyone say immigrants are bad. I have seen people say illegal immigrants are bad which I can't see any fault in saying.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    I never see anyone say immigrants are bad. I have seen people say illegal immigrants are bad which I can't see any fault in saying.
    The problem is, that Republicans are not saying ALL illegal inmigrants are bad. Many; including Trump just refer to hispanic people, but fail to mention any other illegal inmigrant with other origins. Thats where the idea that these people are being racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Ol Scratch View Post

They listen, but no way they should take marching orders from a bunch of terrorist supporters

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    They listen, but no way they should take marching orders from a bunch of terrorist supporters
    Burning down asylum facilities = terrorism now? What.