Got some new RAM and finally a new phone that has a camera that can actually focus on things so I can take somewhat good pictures.

Specs :

i5-4590 w/Hyper TX3
    Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3
    Corsair Vengeance 16GB Kit @ 2133Mhz
    EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0
    Rosewill Arc M550 80+ Bronze Semi-Modular
    Kingston V300 120GB SSD + OCZ Trion 120GB SSD + 250GB WD Blue + 500GB External WD Black
    Asus Xonar DG Sound Card
    NZXT S340 Red/Black w/3 120mm Bitfenix Spectres & 1 120mm Rosewill RNBL Case Fans

Peripherals :

Samsung Syncmaster 2343BWX @ 2048x1152 + Gateway KX2153 @ 1920x1080
    Roccat Ryos MK w/MX Blacks & O-Rings
    Logitech G602 Wireless Mouse
    Creative A250 2.1ch Stereo
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    ---
    Holy crap, 8 case fans? You sure you getting enough airflow?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Do you even flow though, bro?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Haha, it's why I think I am getting such better cooling than my 800D! /hairflip
    CPU - i9 9900k | CPU Cooler - Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | Motherboard - MSI Z390 Godlike | GPU - EVGA FTW3 RTX 2080 Ti
    RAM - G.SKILL TridentZ 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | SSD - 2x Samsung 970 EVO 2TB NVMe | PSU - EVGA Supernova 750w P2 |Case - Corsair Air 540

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmmm... That Air 540 sure is attractive. Is it any good in the silence department though? I love a quiet computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

The system at stock is rather quiet. I did switch out the stock fans (3) for Noctua fans since I prefer a quiet system as well. Put Corsair AF140s on the top since it's what i had hanging around, and they're pretty quite as well. That's one thing I like about this case. All the fan mounts give options for 120mm and 140mm, so you can put on more quiet 140 fans.

I am curious how Shadowdasher's system's sound is with stock fans and the H100's fans.
    CPU - i9 9900k | CPU Cooler - Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | Motherboard - MSI Z390 Godlike | GPU - EVGA FTW3 RTX 2080 Ti
    RAM - G.SKILL TridentZ 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | SSD - 2x Samsung 970 EVO 2TB NVMe | PSU - EVGA Supernova 750w P2 |Case - Corsair Air 540

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post
    Hmmmm... That Air 540 sure is attractive. Is it any good in the silence department though? I love a quiet computer.
    I wouldn't say it's the worst, but it's definitely not better as silence vs something like an R5. 540 was my previous case before upgrading it to an R5. It's actually still in my sig as I haven't updated it.

Top fully vented. Front is fully vented. Side window won't dampen much sound. Rear is mostly vented. Bottom as two holes where the HDDs slide in. None of these help sound dampening at all so you'll need to rely on quiet parts to get any bit of silence.

Using the quiet addition AF140 fans for the front and rear of the case, an H100i with Silent Wings 2 fans, and 2 770 Classifieds...I just simply wasn't happy with the noise levels. Even after upgrading to a single MSI 980ti it still wasn't enough. Now the only time I hear my PC is when I'm playing games such as The Division where it's really being put under some load.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2016-03-17 at 01:34 AM.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post

I am curious how Shadowdasher's system's sound is with stock fans and the H100's fans.
    Good thing I just checked back in on the thread. I barely if at all hear the fans, even during gaming. It is way quieter than my last system.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowdasher View Post
    Good thing I just checked back in on the thread. I barely if at all hear the fans, even during gaming. It is way quieter than my last system.
    Yeah, same experience. Great case imo.

redundancy :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    you'll have to wait for Q4 2016 then, and that is a very positive guess =(
    Maybe so, in that case better off waiting an extra 1-2 months for big pascal tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
    Maybe so, in that case better off waiting an extra 1-2 months for big pascal tbh.
    I was talking about big pascal for Q4^^

Since GP104 (probably) won't be stronger than current GM200 Chips, I don't see any benefit in upgrading to it if you already have an Maxwell based GPU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    I was talking about big pascal for Q4^^

Since GP104 (probably) won't be stronger than current GM200 Chips, I don't see any benefit in upgrading to it if you already have an Maxwell based GPU
    I'm running 2 670's, even a 980 is pretty much equal to both of those at the same time

Then comes the fact that WoW amongst many.. many other games doesn't even support SLI.

15+ Year Old Account
    HOLY SHIT THE OP HAS BE UPDATED Ya about that I saw that it was about time to upgrade a few months ago and forgot to updated the OP so I finally have! here is the full updates http://valid.x86.fr/kdva6f
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    HOLY SHIT THE OP HAS BE UPDATED Ya about that I saw that it was about time to upgrade a few months ago and forgot to updated the OP so I finally have! here is the full updates http://valid.x86.fr/kdva6f
    You just had to kill the old pics! They were the start of this thread! D:
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    You just had to kill the old pics! They were the start of this thread! D:
    I swear I didn't mean to kill them officer honest they just died! How about this I will go in and finish cleaning up the inside of the new case then post new pics sometime this week.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

Deleted
    There's a new family member

and I finished managing all cables, nothing but the keyboard, mouse and headset cable is visible
    Last edited by mmoc47927e0cdb; 2016-04-14 at 05:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    There's a new family member

and I finished managing all cables, nothing but the keyboard, mouse and headset cable is visible
    Well, now you have to give us a review of it
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post
    Well, now you have to give us a review of it
    Okay, so here it is, the brutal truth: We're not there yet.

The pros;

- VR per se, is amazing, it pulls you into a new dimension and makes you forget reality for a (very short) while.
    - There is no latency whatsoever. Every movement is perceptible as 1:1. This really is a breakthrough.

The cons (quite a few, at this point);

- The resolution is far too low, which makes enjoying games not especially made for the device horrible to look at. (E.g. Elite Dangerous, ETS2, ATS, etc.)*
    - The headset is heavy and requires you to put it into position every five minutes or so.
    - The cables are an extreme nuisance, even when managed properly like I did (headset cable bundle hooked to the ceiling).
    - There barely is any interesting content.

*The bundled games are, as you may well know, very simplistic. Both graphically as concerning content. The low graphical fidelity fools you into not noticing the device's low resolution and quite frankly, the experience is amazing - once or twice. Afterwards, chances are you'll never play The Lab, Fantastic Contraption, Job Simulator, Tilt Brush or Surgeon Simulator again.

The brutal truth, is that I wouldn't advise anyone to buy either the Vive or the Rift. It will most likely end up collecting dust, because it's just not impressive enough with games you'd ideally use it with. Elite Dangerous for example, looks horrible; textures are a big blur of jagged edges, text is barely legible and 'space' looks like a low-res wallpaper.

Work bought a few of these devices for research purposes, but if I had dished out €980 to buy the device, I would've most definitely returned it or sold it for a profit.

VR will be great eventually, but right now it's merely a fun and exciting gimmick, which I predict, will not be used extensively by home users. Save your money.
    Last edited by mmoc47927e0cdb; 2016-04-17 at 01:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    Review
    Eh, that's what I figured. Hopefully they will make a much better version 2. Realistically, the only thing to improve on a headset like that would be the comfort, the resolution, and the power delivery system, all of which you seem to have problems with. I wonder what the time to market will be on an improved version will be. Hopefully not long, though I can't imagine it would be less than 3-4 years at the least.