Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What happens if TLPD dies and falls into void?

So, you kill TLPD while its flying and it falls in one of those places where you cant reach in Storm Peaks. What happens? Do you receive it in the mail after a while?

Yes, you get it later on. Directly after you kill it again, this time without being over a bottomless pit.

Are you saying it doesnt go to mail and is just lost in the bottom? How sure are you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeh.- View Post
    So, you kill TLPD while its flying and it falls in one of those places where you cant reach in Storm Peaks. What happens? Do you receive it in the mail after a while?
    ...where is there a bottomless pit in the storm peaks?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Are you saying it doesnt go to mail and is just lost in the bottom? How sure are you?
    I have no clue, honestly. I'm just a jerk. But I'd try putting in a ticket, although if you couldn't loot the body...ehh. It's a toss-up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    ...where is there a bottomless pit in the storm peaks?
    Right before Ulduar. And a couple other areas, I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post

Right before Ulduar. And a couple other areas, I think.
    You very much can fly to the bottom of the crevice in front of Ulduar. There's just nothing of note down there. And there aren't any other bottomless pits the TLPD could conceivably fall into in the storm peaks.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Eeerr.... he is right, there are no bottomless pits, I just checked. Which brings me to another question, why the hell does ppl pull TLPD to a ledge before killing it? (And these are videos in which the toons can 1 shot it in the air by a +100k dmg overkill)

I mean, you camped it for days, weeks, w/e and when you see it flying you are going to WAIT? Hell now i am destroying it as soon as possible.

He's correct. I wasn't able to loot it because it was just out of range and I couldn't stand anywhere on that cliffside and didn't receive its loot via mail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eeerr.... he is right, there are no bottomless pits, I just checked. Which brings me to another question, why the hell does ppl pull TLPD to a ledge before killing it? (And these are videos in which the toons can 1 shot it in the air by a +100k dmg overkill)
    Probably because they don't want to randomly fling themselves through the air off their mount and potentially smash into a mountainside or something, or have it die way up on some hill. Maybe they want to kill it where someone can see it. Who knows.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I smell someone trying to fish a workaround for the *cough cough* exploit where you can kill but not loot it.

As for it dying on a ledge, those lootarang type of items might work? Also a GM might help if you provide all the info + screenshot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    He's correct. I wasn't able to loot it because it was just out of range and I couldn't stand anywhere on that cliffside and didn't receive its loot via mail.
    Loot-a-rangs are your friend.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Isn't there a bottomless pit seperating the instances from the raid zone? afaik one of tlpd's routes goes over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omanley1 View Post
    Isn't there a bottomless pit seperating the instances from the raid zone? afaik one of tlpd's routes goes over it.
    It isn't bottomless...
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Loot-a-rangs are your friend.
    Yeah.
    Somehow that didn't cross my mind back then, though. I guess they were engineering only back in mop?
    Last edited by Snuzzfizzle; 2016-03-26 at 08:31 AM.

Well, that sounds terrible lol

Deleted
    If a TLPD dies in the void, it's reborn into a Time Lost Void Drake and you'll eventually see it make an appearance in a SC2 mission pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post

looks like you exploited ip blocking and used the MOP food carts exploits mate....

Loot a rangs if you're paranoid about not being able to loot. The same thing happened to me but I was able to still loot it while falling with slow fall and spamming loot.

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    looks like you exploited ip blocking and used the MOP food carts exploits mate....
    I read something about that lol

I was debating on trying it for the camel figurines but they said that it takes forever for every spot it spawns in lol

Quote Originally Posted by Alfakennyone View Post
    I read something about that lol

I was debating on trying it for the camel figurines but they said that it takes forever for every spot it spawns in lol
    I heard they patched it out. Read that while I was looking for Aeonaxx camping guides. They apparently fixed that towards the end of MoP.

If you killed it and couldn't loot it put in a ticket with the time frame and they should be able to see the logs that you killed it and didn't loot and award you the loot.
    Mount Count: 378. Newest addition: Arcadian War Derple
    Pet Count: 859 (678 at Max Level)
    (Last updated 21st July 2017)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iniegun/simple