Thread: Black Desert

Deleted
    It seems to me that the developers of BDO didn't really know what to do with pvp. How it is now is pretty shit. There is open world pvp, but there is absolutely no benefit to killing other players. The only reason behind killing someone is either being a dick through senseless pk-ing or wanting a grind spot for yourself, which is equivalent to being a dick. Meanwhile the game wants to punish pk-ing with the karma system. Which seems highly counterintuitive.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    I think the better solution would just be an opt out completely. As long people may gank, they will gank.
    IMHO handling it in-game with a NPC run faction protecting PVEers would be the most immersive.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    It seems to me that the developers of BDO didn't really know what to do with pvp. How it is now is pretty shit. There is open world pvp, but there is absolutely no benefit to killing other players. The only reason behind killing someone is either being a dick through senseless pk-ing or wanting a grind spot for yourself, which is equivalent to being a dick. Meanwhile the game wants to punish pk-ing with the karma system. Which seems highly counterintuitive.
    How is claiming the best farming spot in the game through pk no benefit?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    The game is made for guild v guild world pvp not to PK randomly, I'm loving the game so far but I know it's not a game for everyone

Deleted
    i think the game is trying to tell me something

Deleted
    Does the game still lack dungeons and PvE endgame content?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddler on the Roof View Post
    Does the game still lack dungeons and PvE endgame content?
    Yes it does.

Quote Originally Posted by eriktheviking View Post
    When your choices are to stand around and state that there's nothing to do, or go kill the same monsters for 20-25 hours, talk about a lose/lose situation.
    Grinding mobs just for the sake of grinding mobs is truly awful. You should always have a mission you're on as a reason for killing mobs in an RPG imo, either issued by an NPC or something you took upon yourself to work your way to a lair filled with gold or something like that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    Grinding mobs just for the sake of grinding mobs is truly awful. You should always have a mission you're on as a reason for killing mobs in an RPG imo, either issued by an NPC or something you took upon yourself to work your way to a lair filled with gold or something like that.
    I'm mostly grinding mobs for silver right now, the xp I get meanwhile is a plus. There are numerous ways to make money in this game, but for my character in it's current status - grinding is the best money source. Others who have focused on trading, farming or fishing for example, can get their xp and money through those sources.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

While technically not really an expansion... but first major content patch for Black Desert Online comes out TOMORROW. WOOT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCTJ...ature=youtu.be

This reminds me of when Rift launched so far when Trion was actually on the ball with stuff.....

Love BDO so far! Amazing scenery + combat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony3187 View Post
    While technically not really an expansion... but first major content patch for Black Desert Online comes out TOMORROW. WOOT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCTJ...ature=youtu.be

This reminds me of when Rift launched so far when Trion was actually on the ball with stuff.....

Love BDO so far! Amazing scenery + combat.
    What the actual fuck? o_O I haven't leveled a single character to max levl yet because I was screwing around with professions, making boats, decorating houses etc

And now they release this? Wow.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    What the actual fuck? o_O I haven't leveled a single character to max levl yet because I was screwing around with professions, making boats, decorating houses etc

And now they release this? Wow.
    You are doing it right IMHO.

Level cap ASAP is never the goal in this type of game.

Living your life as you please is.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Anyone here with a guess pass that they can PM me? Would really appreciate it

Expansion to soon lol I'm barely lvl 30.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not too soon. Why does it matter if it's out or not if you are barely lvl 30 anyway?
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    It's not too soon. Why does it matter if it's out or not if you are barely lvl 30 anyway?
    "Theme park" mentality where everyone is worried about current content.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

hehe the mediah patch. If you play a ranger, congratz, you will now ascend to becoming a God, play any other class? well too bad you're just a mere mortal.

Deleted
    Started BDO today and its a lot of fun, the combat is so good! But god damn there is sooo much to learn.

Had a difficult time to choose between Sorc & Tamer but I went with Tamer as it clicked with me pretty much from the get go after playing Sorc to lvl 9 and didnt feel it. Sure people say Tamer is the worst PvP character, which sucks but... meh.

The best thing with Sorc that made me interesting is the sick amount of movement you seem to have, teleport around all the time.

I think I'll just go with Tamer and then when Blader and Ninja gets released maybe I'll go with Blader or even Ninja.

Cant wait to make a boat and sail the sea! Hunt whales and stuff

Deleted
    Honestly can't believe I have already put 300+ hours in the game (started with normal launch, not headstart)

Time just seems to disappear somewhere when playing BDO o_o

Hope we get the awakening weapons in this patch and some better looking cash shop outfits. Can't wait for this one

Hot damn, that outfit looks fabulous.