10+ Year Old Account
    Rip motherboard, you were dieing when your USB and SATA controller was derping about (some didn't work) for about a year or so. Ended up going with a 5820k.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Rip motherboard, you were dieing when your USB and SATA controller was derping about (some didn't work) for about a year or so. Ended up going with a 5820k.
    Is the 5820K the new mainstream CPU? Everyone has one here :|
    I'd definitely go with one too =p

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    Is the 5820K the new mainstream CPU? Everyone has one here :|
    I'd definitely go with one too =p
    Yes, it's mainstream now!

Since comp is broke I'm just playing Miku Project Diva X on the PS TV >.>
    Laptop sucks, lol. it i5-3210M, barely runs FFXIV, >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Since comp is broke I'm just playing Miku Project Diva X on the PS TV >.>
    Laptop sucks, lol. it i5-3210M, barely runs FFXIV, >.>
    A part of me wants to buy a decent laptop, but a bigger part of me knows that I don't even use it :|
    Maybe I'd feel like spending more money on one if they came with OLED displays so I could use them to watch things at weird places, but tablets are actually efficient for this usage...

I literally only use my laptop when I need it at university, or to play anime at the living room when the BD-Player can't do it (damn exotic codecs and lack of a HTPC :|) or at the beach-house.

Edit: Watching this made me laugh. Samsung put the exact same screen menu they have at their Android devices and it looks like a normal Windows setting, damn you MS and your modern apps.
    Last edited by Artorius; 2016-03-25 at 11:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think HP(?) or whatever is releasing an OLED laptop. Tablets are kind of replacing laptops though in general. Don't think OLED will really make a difference in watch things at weird places things though. Probably would be more dependent on the ergonomics(?) of the laptop.

I think with the pricing on the new Skylake processors, especially the i7, anyone around here who were thinking "I want to upgrade, but I really feel like I need to add more value than i5 -> i5" would find that the 6700k has a bullshit price, and that getting a 5820k is of comparable price, while having some much more obvious benefits...

10+ Year Old Account
    Think HP(?) or whatever is releasing an OLED laptop. Tablets are kind of replacing laptops though in general. Don't think OLED will really make a difference in watch things at weird places things though. Probably would be more dependent on the ergonomics(?) of the laptop.
    Those hybrids that are detachable would work better I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I think with the pricing on the new Skylake processors, especially the i7, anyone around here who were thinking "I want to upgrade, but I really feel like I need to add more value than i5 -> i5" would find that the 6700k has a bullshit price, and that getting a 5820k is of comparable price, while having some much more obvious benefits...
    Yeah, the 6700K doesn't make any sense whatsoever. I hope AMD really has something with Zen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, 5820k in NA is cheaper than the 6700k. Replacing the 2600 at this point and since I tend to have a lot of shit going on, I might as well go with another 4c/8t+ at that point. And the i7-E uses solder instead of the crappy TIM, yay.
    5820k is very oddly priced though with the specs, at least historically. It actually is a decent price per performance overall at the price range.

Just going by core count / cache (cause architecture and features kind of don't go backwards).
    The 6c/12t i7-Es for Ivy Bridge cost $600 (4930k) with 12MB L3 Cache, where as 5820k is 6c/12t with 15MB L3 cache. Sandy Bridge was the same with 6c/12t with 12MB L3. And the first generation of i7-Es are just stupidly priced.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You have to remember the Haswell-E i7s are the first ones to have an 8c/16t flagship, that's why the bottom of the mill, the 5820k, is priced comparatively to the i7-3820, for instance, but has 6c/12t. It's simple evolution in products. Same price, more stuffz.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Good point.

Also herp derp can't find the LGA 2011 bracket... time to annoy Noctua. I find everything but the bracket! Have the complementary screw driver, paste, even the AMD bracket, but no LGA 2011...

Good thing I checked first to see if I still have it... well apparently I didn't.

Noctua are pretty good about that. Show them proof of purchase of both products (2011 and cooler) and they're your bro/sis

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Noctua are pretty good about that. Show them proof of purchase of both products (2011 and cooler) and they're your bro/sis
    And if Intel or AMD come up with a new socket that needs a new bracket Noctua will send you a new one if you ask

10+ Year Old Account
    When did the Fury X2 turn into Radeon Pro Duo?

As soon as it was announced?

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't read Swedish but isn't this article from today?

Another thing that I noticed is that the card's PCB changed a lot, this is what AMD showed us when they launched the Furys at the bottom and the Radeon Pro Duo on top:

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup thats what I did.
    When it was announced at GDC.

I can't read Swedish but isn't this article from today?
    Nah, it was dated 2016-03-15
    Fury X2 was the speculated name from when they announced the Fury and Nano? I thought it was just a fan-name.

And that (pcb) may be why they delayed it.

10+ Year Old Account
    God fucking damn it newegg. I realize your warehouse is like 3 hours north of here, but your 3 business day delivery just arrived today, but I have no 2011 brackets... fuck.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, the GB X99P-SLI actually has metal reinforcement for the PCI-E plastic fail slots.
    First one I've seen actually... took a while.

God fucking damn it newegg. I realize your warehouse is like 3 hours north of here, but your 3 business day delivery just arrived today, but I have no 2011 brackets... fuck.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, the GB X99P-SLI actually has metal reinforcement for the PCI-E plastic fail slots.
    First one I've seen actually... took a while.
    I think MSI has a couple of boards with those too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every board should have them! Cause seriously feels like if you poke it the wrong way it might snap. Slight (very) exaggeration but it feels like it >.>