Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How raid-alt friendly is Legion shaping up to be?

So I felt WoD was really rough for alt players... was wondering if anyone in the alpha/lots of knowledge of Legion could let me know how easy (or hard) it will be to maintain raid-focused alts?

7+ Year Old Account
    So even before you have played and Expansion you worry about your alts, how about hoping you never will play your alts since there is so much Content for your 1 preferred character (AKA Main char)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    So even before you have played and Expansion you worry about your alts, how about hoping you never will play your alts since there is so much Content for your 1 preferred character (AKA Main char)
    That would be glorious, unlikely.. but glorious none the less
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckadoodle View Post
    The thing so far is that Blizzard is forcing us to play (or to create) our alts AND to get them to max level EACH expansion if we want to unlock all gear from the new collection tab, and 1 time per armor type each time. This is the right moment for feedback, nothing set in stone yet.
    Last edited by Cæli; 2016-03-26 at 01:41 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    from what I've read. There is an artifact catch up in place for alt SPEC only, not alt characters.

And since the basis of this expansion largely flows behind the Artifact weapon and class identity (which usually follows player identity).
    I feel it is safe to assume that it will have you place much more emphasis on your main character.

I think they want to get back to where a players name will pop up in conversation and someone will say "Oh yeah, they are that <Spec><Class> I keep hearing about"
    The world isn't as bad as you think.

Quote Originally Posted by dixincide View Post
    from what I've read. There is an artifact catch up in place for alt SPEC only, not alt characters.

And since the basis of this expansion largely flows behind the Artifact weapon and class identity (which usually follows player identity).
    I feel it is safe to assume that it will have you place much more emphasis on your main character.

I think they want to get back to where a players name will pop up in conversation and someone will say "Oh yeah, they are that <Spec><Class> I keep hearing about"
    We're gonna end up with a healing/tank shortage again I swear...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heffladin View Post
    We're gonna end up with a healing/tank shortage again I swear...
    Not an issue for me I tank and heal lol.
    The world isn't as bad as you think.

I play alts alot, to the extent that I might say I dont have any main.

WoD has been glorious for the alt'o'holics, garrisons provided them with mountains of gold, gear and all the mats I could ever need.
    Group finder solved all their needs for raiding.

There has never been a more rewarding expansion to have alot of alts, Legion will for sure keep it up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glas View Post
    So I felt WoD was really rough for alt players...
    Are you serious? I think it was the most alt-friendly expac ever. XP potions to level from 90-100 in hours, garrisons that showered us in gold, multiple catch-up mechanisms handing out purples like Oprah, raid difficulties ranging from Special Olympics to Mt. Olympus... but from a few hints dropped by Ion I got the impression that the devs had decided that they want to rein that party in a bit and make us focus more on our mains now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    The thing so far is that Blizzard is forcing us to play (or to create) our alts AND to get them to max level EACH expansion if we want to unlock all gear from the new collection tab, and 1 time per armor type each time. This is the right moment for feedback, nothing set in stone yet.

force - make (someone) do something against their will

they're not forcing you to do anything. By the sounds of it you dont play alts or dont want to, so you dont need all of the armor types unlocked. if you do want all the transmogs unlocked then that is your choice.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckadoodle View Post
    At least that would be an awesome mindset! lets hope blizzard has that ^^

Cheers mate

From the look of things it looks like it will be like WoD.

Just raider stuff no other content aside from the 5man stuff.

Which is meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phendrus View Post
    force - make (someone) do something against their will

they're not forcing you to do anything. By the sounds of it you dont play alts or dont want to, so you dont need all of the armor types unlocked. if you do want all the transmogs unlocked then that is your choice.
    Forced is when there is only one way to do something we absolutely want, should we like it or not. We want something, but there is only one way that we don't like and that could have been different, by definition we are forced to take this path to get to our aim. Tell me an alternative way to unlock all on your main character without playing our alts

I want to complete my collection on my main character, which is, so far, a collection tab of every items in the game, I want to play my main as a "main game file", but to complete it we are "forced", then, to play alts, because there is no alternative currently. By the way I don't understand why a main char can't unlock (not transmog) a BoP appearance.

Deleted
    I guess it has something to do with everyone rolling on anything and to give people less reason to actually ninja stuff.

Personally I would prefer an all unlock system (independent on armor – you get the transmog as long as something is bound to you). Like I said people would probably roll on any armor, however it would benefit the market, at least for enchanting, because more epics would be taken off the market and thus less disenchants.

IMO WoD ruined enchanting, because they removed so many enchanting slots, so people can equip their gear right away (in contrast to wait like 2 minutes because each guild raid has at least 3-4 enchanters with enough materials and they usually enchant for free or at least lend some mats.)
    In addition they were granting anyone the ability to disenchant everything (though lower amount), this resulted in dust and shards were dropping so low that vendoring greens gave more profit.
    In 6.2 they flooded the market with crystals to a point where it was not worth it to even craft the enchants (because they sell for like 400g and you need 4? crystals which cost 200g each).

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    Are you serious? I think it was the most alt-friendly expac ever. XP potions to level from 90-100 in hours, garrisons that showered us in gold, multiple catch-up mechanisms handing out purples like Oprah, raid difficulties ranging from Special Olympics to Mt. Olympus... but from a few hints dropped by Ion I got the impression that the devs had decided that they want to rein that party in a bit and make us focus more on our mains now.
    The legendary quest chain is the only thing preventing me from playing my alts. It's even worse than the MoP one, IMO. As far as I'm concerned, WoD was the worst expansion for alts out of those I played.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

I hope Legion isn't alt-friendly at all because that would mean we had so much content for our main characters that we don't have the time and/or need to play alts.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chooi View Post
    I hope Legion isn't alt-friendly at all because that would mean we had so much content for our main characters that we don't have the time and/or need to play alts.
    Why not both? Have plenty of content so you don't feel the need for alts, but make rerolling decently easy in case you end up not liking whatever class/spec you chose. Especially with how much classes are changing this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Why not both? Have plenty of content so you don't feel the need for alts, but make rerolling decently easy in case you end up not liking whatever class/spec you chose. Especially with how much classes are changing this time around.
    Fair point. I was assuming that one enjoys his/her main character.

I agree that rerolling shouldn't be punishing. Though, 'rerolling' implies that you're changing your main character. 'Alts' are characters that you play next to your main character.

Optimally, it should be relatively easy to change your main character but not appealing to play more than 1 or 2 characters regularly at the same time because there is so much stuff to do even for only one character. In my opinion.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chooi View Post
    Fair point. I was assuming that one enjoys his/her main character.

I agree that rerolling shouldn't be punishing. Though, 'rerolling' implies that you're changing your main character. 'Alts' are characters that you play next to your main character.

Optimally, it should be relatively easy to change your main character but not appealing to play more than 1 or 2 characters regularly at the same time because there is so much stuff to do even for only one character. In my opinion.
    That's true, but alt catch-up and rerolling use the same systems.

We don't know. End game content not unlocked yet. Too many questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.