Bored, considering coming back.

Hey guys its a long story but i've been wow free for almost a year now, I kinda got cancer (the real kind) and during my hospital stay I couldn't play, then complications came after, Long story like i said, Either way my video game collection is pretty much used up so I have a few questions. If i come back these things are certain.

1) I want to tank
    2) I want to change faction (start over)
    3) I want a different server.

Which raises these questions. I probably wont raid more than lfr or the occasional pug I don't have intrest in dropping 2-3 nights a week to raid anymore, but I may do a pug for giggles.

1) What is the state of the Tank classes? Who's strong? Who's fun? (now and legion looking ahead?)
    2) anyone know any decent horde servers?
    3) is there a way of transfering gold cross faction and server? I wasnt rich but had 100k or so I wouldn't mind using.

Sorry if the questions are dumb but i'll be honest a year of being 'clean' and i Don't remember alot

All tanks are okay.
    Area-52

Quote Originally Posted by yamilonewolf View Post
    1) What is the state of the Tank classes? Who's strong? Who's fun? (now and legion looking ahead?)
    DKs are strong, Warriors and Monks are fun. I'm not cnsidering additional Legion options since I won't play a dobbie no matter how good his tanking will be.

2) anyone know any decent horde servers?
    You should really start with telling people your WoW region first

3) is there a way of transfering gold cross faction and server? I wasnt rich but had 100k or so I wouldn't mind using.
    Buy expensive pets before transfer (and learn them), they are account-wide, then resell them at new server's AH.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    DKs are strong, Warriors and Monks are fun. I'm not cnsidering additional Legion options since I won't play a dobbie no matter how good his tanking will be.

You should really start with telling people your WoW region first

Buy expensive pets before transfer, they are account-wide, then resell them at new server's AH.
    I forgot to say Im in the US region, sorry! Kinda forgot that was a thing.

I would wait for the legion pre patch to return. Absolutely nothing is happening at the moment. The game is caught in the pre x-pac lull. If you do come back and you tank, I would go druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    I would wait for the legion pre patch to return. Absolutely nothing is happening at the moment. The game is caught in the pre x-pac lull.
    For a returning player there is plenty to do while waiting for pre-patch.

LFR always happens as a tank instaqueues are still a thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    I would wait for the legion pre patch to return. Absolutely nothing is happening at the moment. The game is caught in the pre x-pac lull. If you do come back and you tank, I would go druid.
    Actually he could come back for a month and play the new (for him) content. I kinda did that with WoD. This only applies if he has already purchased WoD though, otherwise he could save that money.

PS: Good job beating cancer.
    Last edited by mmocdca0ffe102; 2016-03-26 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    Actually he could come back for a month and play the new (for him) content. I kinda did that with WoD. This only applies if he has already purchased WoD though, otherwise he could save that money.

PS: Good job beating cancer.
    I do In deed have WOD I quit just as BRF was fairly new, got a few bosses dead on normal and H and the RF done, haven't touched the archimonde raid on any difficulty or any of these new "events" they have. (battle pets, honor event etc.)

I suppose one more thing I should say, is when it comes to servers I MUCH prefer pve ones.

I do In deed have WOD I quit just as BRF was fairly new, got a few bosses dead on normal and H and the RF done, haven't touched the archimonde raid on any difficulty or any of these new "events" they have. (battle pets, honor event etc.)

I suppose one more thing I should say, is when it comes to servers I MUCH prefer pve ones.
    US PVE Horde heavy servers? Area 52, hands down.

Very active, good economy, tank insta-queues.... usually multiple guilds looking for new members at any hour of the day or night (and these range from "come level with us" to guilds looking for mythic raiders). Would be a very good place to check out, at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't come back, wait for Legion because WoD will only disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigenn View Post
    US PVE Horde heavy servers? Area 52, hands down.

Very active, good economy, tank insta-queues.... usually multiple guilds looking for new members at any hour of the day or night (and these range from "come level with us" to guilds looking for mythic raiders). Would be a very good place to check out, at least.
    Noticed it was considered "full" does that mean there are queues ? or will be once legion comes out?

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't allow these threads here because everyone is going to give you a wildly different answer based 100% on their own personal tastes, which is completely pointless to you.

You can look at official realm forums, or try something like https://realmpop.com/ if population matters to you, and all the class information you need can be found in both our class forums, and the official ones.

To transfer gold across realms, buy pets or something that is bound to account and resell it on the new character.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)