Poll: GO AWAY LFR!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    The same thing happened with homosexuality in america. It doesn't affect you because you do not participate. Now it is the new OK. You cannot watch a television series without some form of homosexuality being rammed down your throat. Same same LFR. "It doesn't affect me because I don't do it". Well, yes, it does.
    No. It doesn't. I have since I started raiding not once felt the need of heading into LFR.
    I don't care for the tiny rewards it offers, it's not worth my while and I don't care about it any other way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Yet it's not hypocritical to say it's okay for onlyLFR to have VP awards and you want access to all gear from heroic/mythic raids?
    Well, if he actually put thought into that hypocritical post (which he never EVER does) he would also realize that RAID GEAR can get upgraded with VALOR so his "theory" (taken completely out of his ass mind you) is wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Here's a better question: At what point do you give up trying to put the best rewards in content that relatively few players show any interest in?
    If they have no interest in it why do LFR? Why claim that LFR is perfect for people who want to raid but "don't have the time"? The argument that people aren't interested in raiding is so flawed beyond belief, I think most people are too scared to go in or aren't willing to actually be good players so they go into an environment where nobody talks and they can be as bad as they want to be.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    If you wanna cap valor, LFR is your only option. Blizzard very clearly did that on purpose, if they wanted it to be truly optional they would have put valor into the other raid difficulties.
    Yeah well the raiders kinda shot themselves in the foot with that one. They cried they had to do LFR to get tier gear so Blizzard made it so unrewarding in WoD no bugger wants to run it after they had the ring. They then made it so mind numbingly boring that most people just gave up. It has been a total clusterfuck.

looks like you are the only one with hate issues.
    I don't hate raiders. I certainly don't want Blizzard to remove normal,heroic or mythic raiding just because i don't want to do it. You on the other hand are the guy who called LFR Looking for Retards. Every post i have seen you make about it is pompous idiocy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    I think most people are too scared to go in or aren't willing to actually be good players so they go into an environment where nobody talks and they can be as bad as they want to be.
    Some LFR guy comes to these forums and reads what you real raiders say about folk who do it and you wonder why they may be to scared to take the next step? I am not surprised. You make it clear they would be about as welcome as a floater in the swimming pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    I don't hate raiders. I certainly don't want Blizzard to remove normal,heroic or mythic raiding just because i don't want to do it. You on the other hand are the guy who called LFR Looking for Retards. Every post i have seen you make about it is pompous idiocy.
    Yep. I am THAT GUY. I single handedly coined the acronym looking for retards to embody the meaning of LFR. I then went on to be the sole person supporting that ideology. And I am the driving force behind it continuing to be a popular way for competent players to refer to LFR.

Give me a break.

- - - Updated - - -

Some LFR guy comes to these forums and reads what you real raiders say about folk who do it and you wonder why they may be to scared to take the next step? I am not surprised. You make it clear they would be about as welcome as a floater in the swimming pool.
    quite to the contrary. if they can evolve past needing 10 stacks of de-turd in nation in order to complete sub 5 man instance "raid boss" -target dummies, then by all means they would be welcome. problem is LFR teaches extremely bad habits and rewards a zero effort mentality.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    The same thing happened with homosexuality in america. It doesn't affect you because you do not participate. Now it is the new OK. You cannot watch a television series without some form of homosexuality being rammed down your throat. Same same LFR. "It doesn't affect me because I don't do it". Well, yes, it does.
    I hate that I often turn down friends doing LFR want me to help because everyone in them sucks. I feel guilty but ah well

Yeah well the raiders kinda shot themselves in the foot with that one. They cried they had to do LFR to get tier gear so Blizzard made it so unrewarding in WoD no bugger wants to run it after they had the ring. They then made it so mind numbingly boring that most people just gave up. It has been a total clusterfuck.
    A) LFR has always been a cluster fuck.
    B) WHY in the bleeding blue balls of zues is valor not offered at the real raiding levels and in higher quantities unless it is to force raiders back into LFR and carrying the incompetent?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoBoom View Post
    I hate that I often turn down friends doing LFR want me to help because everyone in them sucks. I feel guilty but ah well
    I don't feel guilty. I have them mumble up and we crack jokes at all the bad we encounter while pretty much singlehandedly carrying the group through what would have been wipes without us present. Even lauging our ass off at wipes we cannot stop.

Yep. I am THAT GUY. I single handedly coined the acronym looking for retards to embody the meaning of LFR. I then went on to be the sole person supporting that ideology. And I am the driving force behind it continuing to be a popular way for competent players to refer to LFR.

Give me a break.

- - - Updated - - -

quite to the contrary. if they can evolve past needing 10 stacks of de-turd in nation in order to complete sub 5 man instance "raid boss" -target dummies, then by all means they would be welcome. problem is LFR teaches extremely bad habits and rewards a zero effort mentality.
    Here's the catch though: people running LfR see the constant stream of juvenile insults here ("Looking for retards", so witty!), and then decide "No thanks, i don't want any of that", and they stay in LfR or just pack in and give up on the game outright, is that what you want?

A tad melodramatic. My point was you come across as a total prick. When people talk about the toxic community they mean you. I don't mean you specifically. I mean people who look down on everyone and call them retard and bads and blah blah blah due to the fact they happen to raid on a different level to you.

Yeah i think you need to blame Blizzard for that and not the players. They just press a button and play the conyent given to them. Not really sure why you care anyways? 99% of them will never do anything but LFR. You must have all the valor you need by now? You don't have to subject yourself to such horror.

Deleted

I don't feel guilty. I have them mumble up and we crack jokes at all the bad we encounter while pretty much singlehandedly carrying the group through what would have been wipes without us present. Even lauging our ass off at wipes we cannot stop.
    Yeah, I did the same to start with but it has its limits, do it enough times u start to lose faith in humanity

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoBoom View Post
    Yeah, I did the same to start with but it has its limits, do it enough times u start to lose faith in humanity
    Umm i heard around these parts that LFR is so easy that 100% of the raid is AFK and gets free loot. Now you have to ride in and save the day or it is a wipe?

Deleted
    Umm i heard around these parts that LFR is so easy that 100% of the raid is AFK and gets free loot. Now you have to ride in and save the day or it is a wipe?

Nah not wipe, they leave and whatever they just want me to make it go much faster because it's not interesting

It's sad to see so many players describing LFR is toxic. I guess I am just lucky in that I can say I haven't had a really poor experience with nasty or vulgar players when doing LFR.

I'd like to see the real set bonuses return to LFR gear, especially considering how undertuned (read FUBAR) some specs are without those bonuses it makes it difficult to get into a normal mode group without them. Sets in LFR would smooth that transition out.

Another interesting change would be something like extra gold, gear, or extra seals if you successfully dodge a certain mechanic during the encounter, or correctly time active mitigation as tank. Might go a long way to help teach better active play habits.

Blizzard had done goofed by adding multiple difficulties.

I don't know if the wrath numbers was the deciding factor for Blizzard on making content easier, or what, but it is a cluster fuck atm. It has ultimately made players worse at the game, and has made elitism even more prevalent. The fact is, the more they spoil people with easy content, the more they will grasp on to LFR, in turn the more shit Blizzard will add to populate it. The problem is, the player base is so segregated by difficulty they are just giving up.

LFR isn't worth a shit to anyone but those who want valor, or legendary crap because Tanaan offers a much better gearing route (if you hate pvp).

I think mythic has gone to far, it devalues everything else in the game, the same way LFR has devalued raiding as a whole.

I may re-sub after 5 years if LFR is removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Yeah, early Garalon wasn't bad. If you were a griefer, that is.
    Depends on your perspective I suppose... I viewed Garalon as a challenge.... how to kill the boss DESPITE half the raid standing under him

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Here's the catch though: people running LfR see the constant stream of juvenile insults here ("Looking for retards", so witty!), and then decide "No thanks, i don't want any of that", and they stay in LfR or just pack in and give up on the game outright, is that what you want?
    Not our fault LFR teaches people it's ok not to improve and teaches bad habits, LFR is what it is........bad and teaches people it's ok to be bad because they can still see the end of the story.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    dunno. if I was heaped in with a bunch of incapable players and knew I was better than that I would strive to move up. even in the "newer gentler" army a drill sergeant isn't going to say "that's ok you will do better next time" when a private throws the pin instead of the hand grenade.

Deleted
    Not our fault LFR teaches people it's ok not to improve and teaches bad habits, LFR is what it is........bad and teaches people it's ok to be bad because they can still see the end of the story.
    If it were only that, nobody would be complaining about it. The ILVL rewards make it an issue, especially when people say tier should be in them

10+ Year Old Account
    The game is not a fucking self-improvement class. Video games are considered by many to be bad habits by themselves. Especially for anyone who seems over-involved with them. It's a pointless argument since it presumes the game is supposed to be something which it is clearly not and never has been.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    The game is not a fucking self-improvement class. Video games are considered by many to be bad habits by themselves. Especially for anyone who seems over-involved with them. It's a pointless argument since it presumes the game is supposed to be something which it is clearly not and never has been.
    I also hear they cause school shootings

A game is supposed to get harder and more challenging the further you get in it. Imagine how dull it would be otherwise! It would be like lfr. A argument or point isn't invalid when you simply can't argue against...