Poll: GO AWAY LFR!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuesdays View Post
    Early WoW people were super helpful, had a fucking metric ton patience
    Man I wish I played the early wow you played, the early wow I played was toxic as all hell.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Man I wish I played the early wow you played, the early wow I played was toxic as all hell.
    What was early wow for you? Late tbc?

I mean there was always a little bit of toxicity in the game, but compared to today? Not even a thing...

I mean there was always a little bit of toxicity in the game, but compared to today? Not even a thing...
    When I think "early wow" I think of my experience from 2005 to 2008.

I actually quit the game for a while in both vanilla and bc not because I stopped enjoying the game but because I got burnt out on how toxic the community was.

When I think "early wow" I think of my experience from 2005 to 2008.

I actually quit the game for a while in both vanilla and bc not because I stopped enjoying the game but because I got burnt out on how toxic the community was.
    I didn't have the same experience, I was in the same guild from level 20 vanilla to late tbc, didn't deal with pugs and all that shit, but I did notice the community getting worse when season 1 started, same faction matches, and later on with welfare epics ect.. As if people are just now bad at the game, not like people were stuck in KZ until wrath.

Makes me think people either didn't play back then, or don't want to admit they were stuck in a 10 man raid for over a year.

10+ Year Old Account

For me it was half way through Vanilla, and when I asked a question in a major city the "helpfulness" I got back then was "Ask a guard you noob" and trust me there were A LOT of asshole raid leaders, Preach himself admits to and posted a video of him being the biggest asshole raid lead ever.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't have the same experience, I was in the same guild from level 20 vanilla to late tbc, didn't deal with pugs and all that shit, but I did notice the community getting worse when season 1 started, same faction matches, and later on with welfare epics ect.. As if people are just now bad at the game, not like people were stuck in KZ until wrath.

Makes me think people either didn't play back then, or don't want to admit they were stuck in a 10 man raid for over a year.
    I cleared everything but BT in TBC with my raid guild, never pugged etc, still saw toxicity.........take off your blinders.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Kinda the point, most people with LFR will not keep trying...........they "beat the game"
    So? Without LFR they would have "beat the game" even faster and quit. What's your point exactly?
    Last edited by grandgato; 2016-03-27 at 02:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandgato View Post
    So? Without LFR they would have "beat the game" even faster and quit. What's your point exactly?
    Actually no they wouldn't have because they wouldn't have seen the end boss so quickly, and if they kept the leveling experience at least a LITTLE long they would have been kept busy.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Yeah but if people do beat the game by button mashing would you want to stop them playing that game the way they want to? That is what this LFR hate boils down to. People are playing a video game differently from me!! GRRRRR!!
    No. It is not. It is about disliking the fact that people who choose to participate in bottom feeding are rewarded for it in any way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    They just won't raid again. .
    They are not raiding now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    What precisely is wrong with that?
    Many things. Predominately the attitude of "every child will pass" that has permeated the game.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer
    Actually no they wouldn't have because they wouldn't have seen the end boss so quickly, and if they kept the leveling experience at least a LITTLE long they would have been kept busy.
    There is no evidence to suggest this. Raw subscription data is virtually useless without correlating evidence tying it to any meaningful factors.

Only Blizzard knows why players cancel their subscriptions. If the common complaint is really "Hey i got bored as shit because i level too fast and killed everything super fast" we'll likely see significant changes to the pacing and overall difficulty in Legion.

So far in Alpha it's about the same.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas
    No. It is not. It is about disliking the fact that people who choose to participate in bottom feeding are rewarded for it in any way.
    Even though solo content in Taanan or AFKing in Ashran will gear them out better and faster in every conceivable way?
    Last edited by grandgato; 2016-03-27 at 02:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandgato View Post
    There is no evidence to suggest this.
    You mean other than the subs growing through Vanilla and TBC and being at its peak in WOTLK all when leveling still took a good amount of time? And the least amount of bitching because they didn't get to raid because oh wait.........they were still leveling!
    Last edited by Seefer; 2016-03-27 at 02:56 AM.

Being in the same guild for all that time likely just sheltered you from most of it. It absolutely existed, especially that hump that still exists to this day of guilds that are not quite hardcore but they have the attitude they *think* hardcore people have so they're super elitist cunts who are fairly insufferable to be in a guild with.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    You mean other than the subs growing through Vanilla and TBC and being at its peak in WOTLK all when leveling still took a good amount of time? And the least amount of bitching because they didn't get to raid because oh wait.........they were still leveling!
    Because the game was new then, nobody knew how anything worked, everyone was just amazed at the game back in Vanilla and even BC to a degree since a lot of players started at that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Communism View Post
    Because the game was new then, nobody knew how anything worked, everyone was just amazed at the game back in Vanilla and even BC to a degree since a lot of players started at that point.
    I also pointed out WOTLK.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFuse View Post
    Your posts get more and more asinine as time goes on. It's like listening to the Republican debates.
    Oh we can build a big fence around LFR and make those dirty casuals pay for it!
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Stay on topic please. This thread has nothing to do with Republican debates.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Stay on topic please. This thread has nothing to do with Republican debates.
    This thread should have been closed ages ago since its nothing but a big circle jerk.

Its clear based on your polls the majority doesn't want LFR to go away.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    This thread should have been closed ages ago since its nothing but a big circle jerk.

Its clear based on your polls the majority doesn't want LFR to go away.
    Even if it was closed, another would start up the same thread and it would end up the same way.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Being in the same guild for all that time likely just sheltered you from most of it. It absolutely existed, especially that hump that still exists to this day of guilds that are not quite hardcore but they have the attitude they *think* hardcore people have so they're super elitist cunts who are fairly insufferable to be in a guild with.
    lol those people and guilds are the BEST

truely hilarious when I'm feeling charitable and would join one of their raids and witness how super serious face they are and how good their painfully bad strats for a non mythic kill was.

I think my last experience with this was when I was farming Mythic Imperator while waiing for BRF to launch and felt ike helping some normies.

Even if it was closed, another would start up the same thread and it would end up the same way.
    I know thats why I wish mods would just outright ban anti-LFR threads since they are all pointless.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Oh they don't? This is FEEDBACK. They read these forums, their own forums and other sites for it. You just cannot serve the open majority and expect the silent majority to be satisfied. Many people in game HATE LFR. Take away valor, legendary quest items and dumb the gear down and see how many people will continue to do "LFR".
    No, they dont. You are the severe minority. Most players dont even visit sites like this. But what you said is incorrect. They dont serve the players. They serve the shareholders. And what works to bring in profits is what will be in the game. There's really little point in arguing past that FACT. So as long as people are still running LFR, they are going to support it. Because it keeps people playing the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I know thats why I wish mods would just outright ban anti-LFR threads since they are all pointless.
    Agreed 100%