Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    He became a good guy because they didn't want to kill him off. Basically, Grom is like Thrall, only a bad guy instead of a good guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Its up there with the Dragon Soul ending, its the laziest of endings.
    Nothing wil EVER top DS lazy ending

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Blizzard hasn't taken a risk with lore since Burning Crusade.

Quote Originally Posted by sociald1077 View Post
    Where are we told that Grom is buddies with anyone?

We have no story fall out from the closing of the cinematic, and all that shows is everyone glad they just pushed back the legion. We do not know what happened after that.

Why make assumptions based on nothing?
    Because the draenei and frostwolves are cheering for Grom Hellscream and Yrel cheers right beside him like they are buddies and allies in war.

Realistically, that would not have happened. But WoD is so shitty that by the end of the expansion they didn't even care if it made sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Nothing wil EVER top DS lazy ending
    WoD ending is far worse than Cataclysm's ending. Everything about it is atrocious. Cataclysm's ending was bad, REALLY bad, but it wasn't Warlords of Draenor bad. I'd argue it was lazier too, but that's a bit harder to judge. They were both pretty damn lazy.

Deleted
    he had to cheer else we'd realize we are done with him and we'd execute him asap!

*Archimonde dies*+*Everyone slowly turn towards grom*
    Grom: errmmm.... guys.... ehemm oohoomm... /cheer !

Ive done that alot so I would not get ganked

He got his ass handed to him and he was humbled by it.

Deleted
    Ye this is one of the worst character writing examples to date.

He's written as the tyrant who tries to enslave entire continent and uses Stalinist methods to achieve this goal
    Then suddenly in 6.2 (HFC) he's like it's okay guys, I'm on your side! I murdered thousands? Naaaaah, forget about it and let's be friends!

What the actual fuck was this.

The idea is that you were supposed to blame Garrosh for misleading Grom and the Iron Horde and once his army was destroyed, Grom became a ally of convenience against the Legion.

The tricky thing is that we never really got a reason why we shouldn't hate him. Garrosh never lied to Grommash, Grommash chose to invade Azeroth on his own free will. There's nothing about the entire story of Warlords of Draenor that doesn't say that years down the line, Grommash couldn't try to replicate the portal and invade Azeroth again, and there's no moral reason why he wouldn't either. He never became our friend or ally.

It's just a shit story, to be honest. It's better to forget WoD ever happened because aside from the Frostwolves and (unfortunately) Yrel, I can't see them ever using any of the AU characters again. Even the Frostwolves I somewhat doubt because of their MU-respective version, it would lead to so much confusion and lore-muddling for Durotan - a venerated forefather of the New Horde with an entire zone named after him - to suddenly return to life, join the Horde and have no orcs question it.

This expansion will likely be mostly forgotten lore-wise by Blizzard so you might as well, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    He got his ass handed to him and he was humbled by it.
    Nothing about Grom is humble.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aakarshan View Post
    This expansion will likely be mostly forgotten lore-wise by Blizzard so you might as well, too.
    I hope so, but they kept Grom alive for a reason. If they didn't plan to keep him for a specific purpose, surely they would have just killed him off... right? Then again, I am probably giving Blizzard too much credit. I don't know if they actually plan these things ahead.

That said, Yrel was a good character. I do hope she comes back in some form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Nothing about Grom is humble.
    Perhaps it was just a short peace after beating a mutual enemy?

It's not that uncommon...

What I don't get is how Grom got his ass beat by Gul'dan so easily. If Gul'dan could do that, why didn't he do it immediately after Grom killed Mannoroth?

Grom was the worst written character in warcraft even before wod, wod just sealed it and confirmed he indeed is the worst written.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grom always was a good guy; he was just given wrong information by Garrosh. At start, he had no reason to doubt his future son whose knowledge helped avoid enslavement at the hands of Gul'dan and the Legion. However, by HFC he had seen that the Horde&Alliance were not what Garrosh had told him but instead a useful force to help fight the Legion. Thus Grom forgave us and agreed to stop the war.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post
    Grom always was a good guy; he was just given wrong information by Garrosh. At start, he had no reason to doubt his future son whose knowledge helped avoid enslavement at the hands of Gul'dan and the Legion. However, by HFC he had seen that the Horde&Alliance were not what Garrosh had told him but instead a useful force to help fight the Legion. Thus Grom forgave us and agreed to stop the war.
    Cool, but why did we forgive Grom for killing Maraad, Ga'nar, Velen, Orgrim, etc?

Because he's an orc, the most prestigious race in Azeroth.
    Last edited by lockybalboa; 2016-03-27 at 11:20 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    He was always a good guy

But it was deceived to think that we we were enemies, after discovering the truth, there is no reason for him to fight us

And there is no reason to kill him because he did things without knowledge of things

Believe in redemption, we help us in the end, he now wants to rebuild his world without war, along with the draenei

of course they could go after him by his head, for revenge, but he would not give for free, and the war would continue between two races already destroyed by war

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aakarshan View Post
    I can't see them ever using any of the AU characters again.
    Ya, except for Gul'dan who's now on the loose in Azeroth and plays a center role in bringing about Legion...
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Didn't he want to invade Azeroth? We killed Blackhand, Kargath, Garrosh, and many more of his soldiers. Then after Blackhand dies, Gul'dan gets tired of his bullshit and roflpwns him and sprays Tanaan with his green juice and takes Grom prisoner. Cue Hellfire Citadel raid. Okay, I guess I can kind of understand the events here. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, so he teams up with us to kill Archimonde and defeat Gul'dan. But... After that, it seems like he forgot all about his plans for conquest. He's cheering with us and acting like we're the best of buds. After Archimonde dies, why doesn't he go back to his original plan and end our temporary truce? What made him change his mind?
    I guess he an Yrel had a secret meeting. Wink wink nudge nudge

7+ Year Old Account
    they let one orc alive, and kill all the others warlords, and blizzard have a boner for orcs and worship then haha

>ok

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...7#post39480377
    This guy nailed it. Grom is shit and so are all orcs.
    say more times and maybe become true