Thread: shaving

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    So question to the men on the board and I suppose possibly the women. Do any of you shave with a straight razor? I'm curious of the quality of a shave with one compared to a conventional razor?
    I've used everything from the high priced named brand multirazors, electric, straight, and cheaper club razers. Personally, a great straight razor shave is literally the best you can ever get. It take a while to get used to, can't go in it cheap, and takes a little longer to preform, however you can go a little longer between shaves.

Anymore, I use a safty razor. It's pretty close to the same quality as a straight razor but a little quicker. It's a single blade, disposable razor, with a safety guard that protects you a bit more. They aren't called cut throat razors for nothing. Make sure though you use a good quality shave cream and aftershave / balm.

This is what I use:
    http://www.classicshaving.com/parker...l#.VvdvCfkrKUk
    http://www.amazon.com/Col-Conk-Shave.../dp/B0071B7XCO (This might be a 2 year supply lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    I enjoy one blade over 4. So you're wrong. Opinion is subjective
    It's in your head, it's imagined.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The DNC is a private organization, and they're free to "collaborate" to elect whoever they like to the leadership of their party. There's literally nothing illegal or shady about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Invrlose View Post
    Nope. I enjoy it more. It's better. You're still wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Wait wait hold on wait a second woah.

woah.

woah.

woah.

Can they forehead, cheeks, and neck?

I could have a straight hairline for eternity!
    Cheeks.....cheeks?!?

How much hair do you have there wolfman?

- - - Updated - - -

Can you take your trolling elsewhere? You are really shitting up a good discussion.

Nope. I enjoy it more. It's better. You're still wrong.
    You really don't as there is no measurable difference between the two.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    Cheeks.....cheeks?!?

How much hair do you have there wolfman?

- - - Updated - - -

Can you take your trolling elsewhere? You are really shitting up a good discussion.
    I'm not troling or shitting up a discussion, I'm laughing at people who are spending their time mashing away at their keyboard about how great their morning shaving experience is. Last I checked this isn't an echo chamber where only people who agree with you are allowed to post. I'm pointing out how ridiculous it is that grown men are sitting there on a keyboard romanticising a simple inconvenient daily chore. I don't romanticise about wiping after I defecate. Not to mention i posted a link to cheap razors that work just fine.
    Last edited by Invrlose; 2016-03-27 at 05:36 AM.
    The DNC is a private organization, and they're free to "collaborate" to elect whoever they like to the leadership of their party. There's literally nothing illegal or shady about it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hastings View Post
    Electrolysis and to some extent laser hair removal do exactly that. Which is what I'm going to be doing here soon! Can't wait to remove all of the facial hair, I can't stand the stuff.
    Ohh, that sounds nice...something i'll have to look into

Quote Originally Posted by Hastings View Post
    Electrolysis is better than laser hair removal if you want guaranteed permanency.
    Medical studies prove otherwise

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, sitting in nature outdoors on a day off is boring. I'd rather be cooped up inside on my computer bashing away at a keyboard telling people how wonderful my shave was this morning.

- - - Updated - - -

Except it's all a reality for me.
    Sure it is, keep telling yourself that and maybe some day others will believe it also...doubtful, but you can try...lol

I enjoy the process of preparing the blade. I like being able to trim areas with a blade, harder to do with a quad blade. I enjoy the feeling of one blade more than four. I like whipping around the blade, mechanically impossible for a quad to do. I like the way the blade looks.

These things make my experience more enjoyable. But keep trying to argue that because you don't like something, no one else can. Of course, enjoy your hypocrisy when it comes to anyone not liking what you like.

I enjoy the process of preparing the blade. I like being able to trim areas with a blade, harder to do with a quad blade. I enjoy the feeling of one blade more than four. I like whipping around the blade, mechanically impossible for a quad to do. I like the way the blade looks.

These things make my experience more enjoyable. But keep trying to argue that because you don't like something, no one else can. Of course, enjoy your hypocrisy when it comes to anyone not liking what you like.
    Lol, what a load of tripe. Seriously take a step back and look at how much thought you're actually putting in to shaving. My god.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laz View Post
    Sure it is, keep telling yourself that and maybe some day others will believe it also...doubtful, but you can try...lol
    Thanks, I'll take it as a compliment that my moderate amount of success in life is so far out of your reach that you can't believe it's true. That just reveals more about you than it does about me.

Lol, what a load of tripe. Seriously take a step back and look at how much thought you're actually putting in to shaving. My god.
    So, i'm not allowed to enjoy something that you don't. Got it.

Stop hunting please, I don't enjoy doing it.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, sitting in nature outdoors on a day off is boring. I'd rather be cooped up inside on my computer bashing away at a keyboard telling people how wonderful my shave was this morning.

- - - Updated - - -

Except it's all a reality for me.
    That's nothing.

I prefer to be cooped up in the house all day being a complete dick to people on the internet and brag about the 12,000$ sound system that I probably just made up.

Oh wait.

Or a bit less passive aggressively, you're a fucking dick.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-03-27 at 05:46 AM.

So, i'm not allowed to enjoy something that you don't. Got it.

Stop hunting please, I don't enjoy doing it.
    There's simply no comparison between shaving and hunting. One is a daily inconvenience that (mostly) every man does, the other is a hobby. Not everyone has to like hunting, but if you consider shaving as one of your hobbies, you've messed up somewhere in life.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not troling or shitting up a discussion, I'm laughing at people who are spending their time mashing away at their keyboard about how great their morning shaving experience is. Last I checked this isn't an echo chamber where only people who agree with you are allowed to post. I'm pointing out how ridiculous it is that grown men are sitting there on a keyboard romanticising a simple inconvenient daily chore. I don't romanticise about wiping after I defecate. Not to mention i posted a link to cheap razors that work just fine.
    Aren't you the one who spent their time mashing away on his keyboard about how great his rolex is? Pretty sure noone gave a shit about that yet you made 10 threads about it.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    That's nothing.

I prefer to be cooped up in the house all day being a complete dick to people on the internet and brag about the 12,000$ sound system that I probably just made up.

Oh wait.

Or a bit less passive aggressively, you're a fucking dick.
    You have 20.6 times the post count that I do, if anyone is sitting in their house all day online, it's you. Also, reported for being rude.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fluffhead View Post
    Aren't you the one who spent their time mashing away on his keyboard about how great his rolex is? Pretty sure noone gave a shit about that yet you made 10 threads about it.
    I've made like 20 posts about my rolex watches but the mods (specifically Darsithis) don't like it and lock my threads and infract me because they're(he's) jealous that there's people in the world who can afford nice things while they're(he's) stuck at home spending their free time moderating a website.

I warned you to stop derailing
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-03-27 at 05:47 AM.

There's simply no comparison between shaving and hunting. One is a daily inconvenience that (mostly) every man does, the other is a hobby. Not everyone has to like hunting, but if you consider shaving as one of your hobbies, you've messed up somewhere in life.
    Shaving isn't a hobby. Never said it was. But the experience is much more enjoyable to me with a straight edge, for mechanical reasons. Not everyone has to like shaving, but it can be more than just a chore.

Hunting is a chore, why not just go to the supermarket? Or do you get some sort of 'fun' from doing it. Well, I don't see the fun in it, therefore it's impossible to have fun doing it, using your logic.

I shave with a light saber.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do the traditional wet shave. Before that it was a pair of clippers or one of those Gillette 1000 bladed razors. I prefer wet shaving anyday. It took a minute to learn how to set up a proper routine and to get it down but once I got used to it, wet shaving is so much better. Cheaper, closer shaver, more precise, less having to shave over the same area, no razor bumps, I've bled myself once and it was so fine that it left no damage. I shave less often and the blades are cheaper. The only thing I haven't gotten down yet is handling blades without small cuts on my fingertips. Not really cuts, just losing the top layer of skin. I keep a set of clippers to keep facial hair on point.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    I never liked shaving that much, and I don't like the way I look clean shaven. Once I started growing enough hair to grow a semblence of a beard I went for it, only shaving my neck/cheeklines once a week. The shaving I do is with a disposable razor.

It's taken a few experiments to figure out my optimal beard though, as I have some patchy bits.

I'll admit, the one time I've had a straight razor used on me at the barbers it had pretty good results feeling-wise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudkobing View Post
    I shave with a light saber.
    i shave with real draenei horn blades.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.